[FINALIZED] EOR - the modified 3.0 V6 Quad Cam 1MZ-FE VVTi for sale

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: [FINALIZED] EOR - the modified 3.0 V6 Quad Cam 1MZ-FE VVTi for sale

Post by Magic Beans »

I think Ashley's right on this, although I appreciate time's a huge factor right now for you :(

If I lived closer I'd come and help you solve this riddle. Pesky electricity, can't be trusted [-(
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Karl. My offer to sort this out still stands. Furthermore, taking into account your domestic situation i'll go further to get this issue resolved.

As with all my work you have a full RTB warranty, i.e. bring car to my workshop and i'll fix it FOC.

I appreciate you work long shifts and need to be at home when you're not working. So I'll pick the car up, diagnose the fault, fix the fault and return the car to you within 14 days. Photos of the fault will be posted on the forum.

If the fault is found to be part of my conversion, you will contribute 50% to my out of pocket expenses, i.e. train fare and fuel, to a maximum of £50.00.

If the fault is found to be nothing to do with my conversion you will pay all of my out of pocket expenses, i.e. train fare and fuel.

So you're costs either way are limited and known. It'll take no time of yours leaving you to your work and family. And you'll end up with a fault-free car to either enjoy or sell at it's true value.
Ben

Post by Ben »

:shock:

Can't argue with that! :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
ashley

Post by ashley »

Huge offer there- wow :clap: :clap:
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

:thumleft:
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Karl. My offer to sort this out still stands. Furthermore, taking into account your domestic situation i'll go further to get this issue resolved.

WOW :shock: This ^^ is one hell of an offer, genuinely offered to sort the issue first hand in Peter's Workshop and without the difficulties that faceless contact by phone has :clap:

This is just the kinda thing Peter does, over and beyond what you expect, and truly testament to his customer service ethic.

God knows he's helped me out of constant jams, problems and even just for advice, all with a relentless optimism and smile.

Karl, do take Peter up on his offer, the money you'll get for EOR now is a pittance given what a sorted car would bring!

Its sacrilege really to sell her given what time, effort, money, blood, sweat and tears you've shared on her.

Insure her on a restricted mileage policy for 6 months of the year and a laid up classic policy for the rest! No brainer!

6 months tax for the Summer etc and SORN for the rest :)

A truly sorted car...that's priceless. You've done literally everything else, why let someone else enjoy the fruits of your determination to have the best car Toyota can build, albeit, sBits lol!

Fantastic offer, maybe it'll rekindle some joy again for you, Peter did for me all those years ago.

Maybe your new bairn, will have a new heirloom :thumleft: \:D/
synXero

Post by synXero »

The difficulty of course will be justifying expenses to wifey and child...

I hope you find the means Karl. It is upsetting to sell your car when it isn't working, and will always leave a bad taste! Suggest you find it in yourself to budget a hundred quid and just take up Peter's offer. Whether he fixes it for the fifty or not, if it's fixed, you'll gain that money back in the sale no question at all.
craig

Post by craig »

Surely the costs in getting it fixed, are far outweighed by the cash value of the car running perfectly?
ashley

Post by ashley »

RedMR² wrote:Surely the costs in getting it fixed, are far outweighed by the cash value of the car running perfectly?

Exactly :thumleft:

I am overwhelmed by how generous Peter's offer is, how many garages out there would offer to do any work at what is effectively cost price (or better)? None that I can think of! Stupendous customer service :thumleft:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

ashley wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Surely the costs in getting it fixed, are far outweighed by the cash value of the car running perfectly?

Exactly :thumleft:

I am overwhelmed by how generous Peter's offer is, how many garages out there would offer to do any work at what is effectively cost price (or better)? None that I can think of! Stupendous customer service :thumleft:

And still Karl is silent...
No 2 :(
JD

Post by JD »

Well, I can imagine the combination of his job and being a new dad would pretty much wipe out any time for internets so I hope he gets a spare moment to get in touch with PG because I've read through Karl's epic thread and that car is awesome.
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

JD wrote:Well, I can imagine the combination of his job and being a new dad would pretty much wipe out any time for internets so I hope he gets a spare moment to get in touch with PG because I've read through Karl's epic thread and that car is awesome.

Yes I agree, a lot a pressure and things that are definitely of a higher priority going on for him at the moment. Anyone who is a parent would agree.

Hopefully all has gone/goes well for Karl and his mrs with the delivery!
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

aussieGT wrote:a lot a pressure and things that are definitely of a higher priority going on for him at the moment.

Like placing another ebay advert:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EOR-the-rare- ... 585wt_1190

but no time to reply on this thread. :roll:

Well i have a mad March and April coming up, so whilst my RTB warranty naturally lasts through to the Autumn, my offer above is until end of this month only.
ashley

Post by ashley »

For shame - and so many offers of help, guess Karl just wants shot of it now- real sorry for you mate, hope you find a good home for her :cry:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I need to stop reading this thread, as I just want to give it a good home. 8-[
craig

Post by craig »

For the cost of insertion fee from the first auction and the classified listing of the second, that could have been £25 away from Pete going to Karl's to sort the issue. Issue fixed would generate a lot more interest than advertising the car with an electrical issue.

Just my 2p. All the best with whatever you decide to do Karl.
Last edited by craig on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Magic Beans wrote:I need to stop reading this thread, as I just want to give it a good home. 8-[

I know exactly what you mean.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

If I had a newly born kid and a car that I was selling to help fund:
A) raising my child.
B) helping to allow my mrs to take more time off work.

I think the last thing on my mind would be logging into this forum where we are all telling him not to sell it...

Something I'm sure he really doesn't want to do anyway.

I'm with you Phil, I had discussed this with my Dad when it went up for sale and I don't personally have the money for it due to my car costing me a fortune but my dad has been contemplating it. I think our issue is that we don't have the space in the garage along with everything else and I know he won't let anything sit outside.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

GeorgeL wrote: I think our issue is that we don't have the space in the garage along with everything else and I know he won't let anything sit outside.

Same with me. Well, apart from the 1er and Adrienne's Scirocco. Co. cars don't count O:)
ashley

Post by ashley »

Good luck with the sale Karl- I genuinely hope you get the cash it's worth, and I hope you are enjoying parenthood as well! :thumleft:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”