Overpriced!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Overpriced!

Post by Lauren »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:Just curious as to why it was, it may have had an engine change from an sc to an n/a??

Don't be daft, that's obviously not the case. If you read the ad he says a supercharger decal has been stuck on.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
sagbelly

Post by sagbelly »

Great advert "It is not supercharged but the decals are always a great talking point"

"Is it supercharged?"

"No"

What a great talking point...
MartG

Post by MartG »

Well I've recently put Supercharger stickers on my Mk1a - no-ones talked to me about them though :( . Difference being of course that mine does have a 4A-GZE fitted :clown:
andymr2

Post by andymr2 »

Two words "poor car"
Danthrax

Post by Danthrax »

andymr2 wrote:Two words "poor car"

i agree, why has he put in an extra voltmeter on?!?!
ligertigon

Post by ligertigon »

Guess its my turn :)

At least if a woman buys it she can put her makeup on looking at the steering wheel. great selling feature :thumleft:
howie

Post by howie »

can,t believe how many of you are so quick to give xxxx out to someone you don,t even no just because they like something that you don,t kind of reminds me of school bullys only i doubt any off you would have said it to his face [-X
dylbie

Post by dylbie »

I agree Howie, although not many people have actually directly insulted the seller, just the car itself.

In my opinion the car does not look good. But then, I think all cars look better either standard, or with very subtle performance modifications ie. a V8 in the back :thumleft:

Of course, some people do like cars with loads of extra stickers, poorly fitted plastic bodykits, massive wheels, gauges that aren't connected to anything, neon lights under the sills etc etc etc! But these people are, generally speaking, either under the age of 12, subscribers to Max Power magazine, or dress themselves in fake Burberry baseball caps.

Here's another one that, IN MY OPINION, could do without all the crap on it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1987-TOYOTA-MR2-m ... 19bfb34441
I also wish people would write decent descriptions with correct grammar and punctuation! I think it would make prospective buyers much more confident in parting with their cash.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

dylbie wrote:I agree Howie, although not many people have actually directly insulted the seller, just the car itself.

:roll:

You can insult someone by proxy, effectively what you were doing. Someone likes it like that, let them. Dont go on to say its crap.

I have extra gauges, is my car crap then?
JayZee

Post by JayZee »

cartledge_uk wrote::roll:

Everyone has different opinions of what they like. The car may not be to peoples tastes but there is no reason to insult the seller.

Totally agree :thumleft:
mikey2

Post by mikey2 »

Danthrax wrote:
andymr2 wrote:Two words "poor car"

i agree, why has he put in an extra voltmeter on?!?!

Why did you add shiney exhaust TRIMS???

why do any of us do anything, because we want to, and when we do, we do what we want, not what everyone else wants.

This thread is pathetic, you lot all picking on car you dont know, a seller you dont know, all because it doesnt 'look' like something you would like.
So what, who cares what he has done, it is not for you or I to judge.
Lets hope the guy isnt a member on here and sees you lot playing the high horse.

Dont forget keyboard warriors, there is a person behind that username, try and act a little more like decent people.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”