[Mk2] [Generic] trd na? genuine on ebay

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Antno

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] trd na? genuine on ebay

Post by Antno »

Neil_turbo wrote:there was no order in which they went back to the factory, for example mine is #15 and rev4, toni's is #8 and a rev5 :thumleft:

does that mean ur car was factory built standard and sold to a customer or factory built then a straight trd conversion
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

Have you seen this "TRD" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-TRD-TOYOTA-M ... .m14.l1318

Looks a bit like a regular Rev2 with a TRD sticker ](*,)
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

mine was sold as a standard 2, drivin around for a couple of years, then returned to the factory for the conversion :)
Antno

Post by Antno »

Neil_turbo wrote:mine was sold as a standard 2, drivin around for a couple of years, then returned to the factory for the conversion :)

rite dont no much about the way they wer made. beutiful car tho. i want a to do a replica i no its not the same but thats the best way a mr2 shu luk.i wish i had ad original. any advice.wht wer the main changes. suspension/engine /trim/bod styilin
skinthespin

Post by skinthespin »

Eh?
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Rash wrote:Looks the same as the one at Keighley trade centre a few weeks back..

Hi Rash, yes mate it's the same car that was for sale at Keighley about a month ago.
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

Antno wrote:
Neil_turbo wrote:mine was sold as a standard 2, drivin around for a couple of years, then returned to the factory for the conversion :)

rite dont no much about the way they wer made. beutiful car tho. i want a to do a replica i no its not the same but thats the best way a mr2 shu luk.i wish i had ad original. any advice.wht wer the main changes. suspension/engine /trim/bod styilin

the kit was the base, there was then a big list of TRD optional extras...
wheels
suspension
interior
engine upgrades
etc
etc

here could be a good place to start

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... highlight=

:)
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

Well who is to say wether this is a genuine TRD or not,i spoke to the guy selling the car and Fensport deals with him on a regular basis and dosn't doubt his word about the car.He got Keighly to import the car for him so no idea why Keighly would advertise it for sale.So with the chassis no would you be able to varify the car with Technocraft as to wether they actually did the conversion.
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

thing is mick why would this guy go all this way to import the deal of the century and then just to sell it on..........i think if you get a reputatable firm to source this car ......like what you say the guy said....and then just to sell the car......dont make sense.......who actually has made the money on this car....the person from japan. the car dealer..or this guy who is selling a trd ....hmmmmmmmmm :-k
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

FreeFall wrote:Why wouldn't you put a stroker in an NA? It'll still give you more torque surely, regardless of whether a turbo is involved or not. :-k

Nick

If TRD had really touched that they would have bored it out and de-stroked it to allow it to run higher RPM's.

I don't believe a word of that engine speclist without anyone opening up the engine to see.

I'll bet my favourite pair of dogging mittens that it's not a genuine TRD.

Fake TRD complete with fake TRD VIN plate.
Last edited by millentubby on Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
nikaiyo

Post by nikaiyo »

[/quote]

[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)
fearless

Post by fearless »

well its up to £6800 at the moment with a day or so to go :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
RST

Post by RST »

Just a tad suspicious personally.

..Needs a good look around rather than a tinternet comment. Like comments "one owner" (it's not a direct Jap auction so prob 100%, 2 or more, min?). No of doors is 2 not 3?. Don't need to list allot of the things if it's really putting out that power. If it was making 220Bhp I'd be amazed from that mod list but may be wrong, I'd really ham that up personally.

...for the price it's going for it seems like a good deal anyway fpr the bodywork and it does have allot of aftermarket parts -though surprised they're not all TRD stuff.
...Hmm, I'm a sceptic as well. But just remember if you're selling a car, it's worth what someone will pay for it -not what it's worth! Hmm no 1 TRD and it's not in a museum in Japan....

I may be wrong, but this seems too good to be true to me.
Harry

Post by Harry »

RST:-Just a tad suspicious personally.

Me too.
agentturbo:- why would this guy go all this way to import the deal of the century and then just to sell it on..........i think if you get a reputatable firm to source this car

Maybe It was never the deal of the century to start with and or the bloke thought It was and then found out sold It on? If It was *the deal* then It sure has been stripped off of TRD accesories.
skinthespin:- Eh?

http://dhammaseeker.com/gibberish/

hth.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I really can't see any reason why it isn't a genuine one. At the end of the day, TRD 1 or TRD 35 it is unlikely ANY are in a museum. Private individuals paid for the conversion, much like the Z Tune R34GTR - the cars were already in circulation after all.

The lines look good, the plate is the same as any other TRD plate I've seen, I see no reason to doubt it other than the reputation perhaps of the original dealer. People buy and sell cars immediately all the time, they just change their mind. I've done it more than once. :shock:
T
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

find myself agreeing with Toni here. never know, whoever ends up getting it may join the forum and share any discoveries they make.
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

I am not sure there are alot of things sticking out of place why would anyone DEVALUE the car by removing things like the TRD rear xbrace and tower bar for a cusco one?
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

Tiny wrote:I am not sure there are alot of things sticking out of place why would anyone DEVALUE the car by removing things like the TRD rear xbrace and tower bar for a cusco one?

Yup - I was going to make this point but CBA at the time.

Fair enough they were all built to bespoke specifications...but the genuine TRD that I've seen had a much less 'FAAAAAAAAAKE' feeling to it. :D

I'd like to think it is a genuine TRD...but I just don't.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

millentubby wrote:
Tiny wrote:I am not sure there are alot of things sticking out of place why would anyone DEVALUE the car by removing things like the TRD rear xbrace and tower bar for a cusco one?

Yup - I was going to make this point but CBA at the time.

Fair enough they were all built to bespoke specifications...but the genuine TRD that I've seen had a much less 'FAAAAAAAAAKE' feeling to it. :D

I'd like to think it is a genuine TRD...but I just don't.

There are a lot of misconceptions about what TRDs consist of. They do not, for one, come with all the TRD gubbins. That means some don't have strut braces, ARBs, even bushes. They were just kitted to the owners specification is all. So the fact there are cusco items on there means nothing.

T
Harry

Post by Harry »

See what you are saying Toni makes sense now. I thought the TRD would be a complete package kit per se.The body lines and fit of the TRD kit In the photos do look good and do doubt this side of It would be easy to do to a high standard. Suppose the new owner could kit out the rest of the missing TRD kit.Be really good to hear from the new owner now.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”