Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

slipping clutch

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by slipping clutch »

D4N_V_U wrote:Yeah hope so mate! Friday I should be getting it back. No I think it is just something laying over the dash to keep the crud off it, though I have thought of going for a flocked dash I think they look good.

Let me know if you go along the "flocking route" no sniggering at the back - I have been making a few enquiries about it myself and have made contact with a company about getting the work done.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Well I have my car back! Peter and his apprentice hammered on with the jobs yesterday and then when I arrived at 7pm we continued until 3:30am getting the car ready for Japfest! Great stuff from Pete staying so late to get the job done!

I then drove home to Leicester, freshened up and continued on to Castle Combe which was a great day. Been up around 46 hours or something now so time for bed and sleep! :lol:

Got a few pics of the work Peter has done minimising/evenly spacing panel gaps and fitting new t bar seals (which have been rain tested today and are not leaking a drop! I have a DRY T-BAR! at last!). Also the work the painter has done which is top quality. Will post a few up tomorrow. There is still a few jobs to do before I am 100 percent happy with the car and a little fettling but I`m the happiest I have been with it in ages.
craig

Post by craig »

Glad you're happy with the car mate, I've seen pics of the car along the way, and seen it in the flesh (prior to it being painted)

The paint really does look flawless! I too am looking forward to having a dry T bar! :lol:

:thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I too am looking forward to having a dry T bar!

It just feels odd.. Like... `It`s raining outside, and I`m sitting INSIDE the T-Bar but I`m NOT GETTING WET!? Thought it could never be! Voodo witchcraft...` :lol: :clap:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

At Petes workshop

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I definitely prefer the rear end with the bodycoloured center panel.

And a couple at Japfest in the power and style section >

Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

1st time ive seen anyway get a shot of Peter in the pic :lol:
Looks like your car may be in the next top gear then by the looks of it? :mrgreen:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

haha yeah wasn't intentional, was standing there admiring my refreshed center panel didn't realise I had snapped him! :lol: Craig RedMR2s car in the background too that looks spanking up close. Not sure if it might get a sneaky glimpse on top gear, hadn't thought of that maybe it will as the cameraman was facing our way.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Dan

Glad the car is now just about how you want it to be. And i thank you for your patience on Friday!

Also pleased your investment in new T bar seals paid off. They're not cheap, but replacement is the ONLY way to stop the leaks in their tracks as you now know. Cling film, gaffer tape, chewing gum, bin liners etc. may well cost nothing, but replacement is the only real way to go if you don't want the characteristic "i own an MR2 T bar" wet shoulder...

I was sitting in McDonalds with my two (three actually, i was hungry!) burgers and large coffee 3.30am thinking of you driving down the M1 in that heavy rain, with a smug look on your face whilst noticing the complete lack of drips from the roof.

Car looks great in the pics!

Looking forward to finishing off those odds and sods and making it into the car you want inside and out.
Last edited by Peter Gidden on Sun May 11, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
craig

Post by craig »

D4N_V_U wrote:haha yeah wasn't intentional, was standing there admiring my refreshed center panel didn't realise I had snapped him! :lol: Craig RedMR2s car in the background too that looks spanking up close. Not sure if it might get a sneaky glimpse on top gear, hadn't thought of that maybe it will as the cameraman was facing our way.

Looking good Dan, what's betting Pete is on the phone to me in that pic. LOL :lol:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

RedMR² wrote:
D4N_V_U wrote:haha yeah wasn't intentional, was standing there admiring my refreshed center panel didn't realise I had snapped him! :lol: Craig RedMR2s car in the background too that looks spanking up close. Not sure if it might get a sneaky glimpse on top gear, hadn't thought of that maybe it will as the cameraman was facing our way.

Looking good Dan, what's betting Pete is on the phone to me in that pic. LOL :lol:

You or gerbil. I can guarantee it!
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

You or gerbil. I can guarantee it!

I would have also bet it was me but i havent spoken to you since errrrrm the start of the week :eye:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Dan

Glad the car is now just about how you want it to be. And i thank you for your patience on Friday!

Also pleased your investment in new T bar seals paid off. They're not cheap, but replacement is the ONLY way to stop the leaks in their tracks as you now know. Cling film, gaffer tape, chewing gum, bin liners etc. may well cost nothing, but replacement is the only real way to go if you don't want the characteristic "i own an MR2 T bar" wet shoulder...

I was sitting in McDonalds with my two (three actually, i was hungry!) burgers and large coffee 3.30am thinking of you driving down the M1 in that heavy rain, with a smug look on your face whilst noticing the complete lack of drips from the roof.

Car looks great in the pics!

Looking forward to finishing off those odds and sods and making it into the car you want inside and out.

Haha it`s `nearly` how I want it to be, I do have a new list I must warn you in advance..! :lol: Weather was horrendous going back down to junction 22! Would have stayed for that burger but had to hit the road to make the show.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

The sun is shining, car is crying out for a wash and to have it`s sunstrip fitted! Might give the engine bay a `Gunk` too. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Fitted the red sunstrip with black Veilside writing.. Looked HORRENDOUS. So I ripped it off again. Going for a plain black strip instead!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Well, not had her back long but there are a few bits to sort so it is back to Petes on Wednesday night and I`ll be coming home in the Jag. A few niggles and bits and bobs.. Once they are done it will be decision time on a forged build...
gerbil1028

Post by gerbil1028 »

oh i got a mention from peter lol
One day the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

A few random pics from the summer I just realised I had on my phone, just sat here missing the MR2! So thought I would stick them up, nothing much going on in them, you can see a few naughty panel gaps which will be sorted. Hopefully I can get some better pictures next year! Car is currently still at SBits where Pete is looking after it and sourcing bits for it to get it to my required spec. Hopefully will be ready for Japfest next year. :D

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Right. Well Pete has been busy sorting a few things on my car. I was not happy where my EBC had been located and also with the amount of excess wiring that had been left dangling around by a previous garage so he has set about tucking, tidying and reducing it all. Neatening it all up in the trunking. So all I have now is one run across the back and down the sides of the seats.

The EBC has been relocated into the drop down tray below the fog light switch which lets me have my air vent back and functional.

He has wired in a switch to my reverse camera which is very stock looking next to the fog switches too so I can switch it on whenever I want, not just when the car is in reverse which just annoyed me.

Other work being carried out will be the panel gaps are being adjusted around the bonnet and engine lid, Dave at Deepcar has painted the cabin with `Raptor Protection` paint, and just little touches such as the immobiliser light has been relocated to the steering column cowling. A few pictures sent over from Pete earlier >>>
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Above - You can see the amount of wiring that was not needed. Little bits like switches tidied up and the LED on the steering cowl and putting the EBC in the drop down cubby. When the car is through M.O.T and cleaned ready for Japfest I will get better pictures. The trunking is better too.

The idea I have had for my car has always been a showcar/bodykitted look, but stripped out track feel, yet completely useable and staying fully road legal... It is getting there!

Return to “Member Profiles”