Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gaz!

Re: Engine Shroud with Dual 11" Spals

Post by Gaz! »

Is it to late to jump in on this? Will you have a couple of these kits going spare as a couple people havent payed?

If so please add me. If not will you be doing another GB? :pray:
gtech

Post by gtech »

PM'd you bud but you will need to respond quick.

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
gtech

Post by gtech »

Well the goodies arrived (Shrouds) and after all the screw up by the delivery agent who was told he needed a pallet truck to get them off, two of us lifted the whole pallet load off, was'nt exactly heavy.

I think the courier had jus seen the word Pallet and immediately thought 250Kg.....wrong

Anyway, all here, have taken today off to put the fans onto the shrouds, however, this will mean me removing a fair bit of the protective skin that is on the facing side. If anyone DOES NOT want me to do this, can you pm or email me ASAP.

If you dont, I will just pack the shrouds, fans, bolts, etc together and let you have the pleasure of revealing the bling!!

TOPGUN!!...... let me know when your courier is collecting.....

Sorry its been a while guys, but was out of my hands once they cut the first lot too big :-(

Graeme
Berk Tech IC, Berk Tech Downpipe, Berk Tech Exhaust, ARC Induction System, DevilsOwn Water/Meth Injection (Pre & Post turbo). TRD Cold Pipe, EMS Powered Digital Boost Gauge, TRD Strut Braces, Innovate O2, Blitz SBC i-color EBC - "ARCH ROLLER FOR HIRE"
Tiny

Post by Tiny »

PM'd Regarding Mine and Nikaiyo's shrouds and non film blingage removal :thumleft:
gtech

Post by gtech »

Just to give everyone a view of the finished product:

irish_dan

Post by irish_dan »

WOW! :shock:

Looks great! Can't wait to get mine.

:mrgreen:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

lol, **WARNING** extreme shiiiiiiiine

I'm gonna blind myself every time I open my engine lid!
gtech

Post by gtech »

toxo wrote:lol, **WARNING** extreme shiiiiiiiine

I'm gonna blind myself every time I open my engine lid!

To be honest I am blown away with them myself, did'nt really know what to expect..... well happy with them though.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Yeah I'm looking forward to fitting :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Wow! looks sweet! So, when will you be posting them? Not being pushy, its just so i know what day to expect the postman as i NEVER hear them knocking on the door and am gutted when i wake up to find a bloomin 'Failed delivery' card, as i know i have to wait 24 hours before i can go pick it up!

Are you sending them royal mail or courier ?

cheers bludwan
gtech

Post by gtech »

Hi Bud,

Glad you like the look. Well I tried to sweet talk our courier into collecting some of them tonight but they are just being awkward buggers......So looks like they will go out Monday for delivery Tuesday.

Graeme
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

sweet thats kool :D

So did you get a chance to make up some wiring kits?

How would you wire these in? Im thinking the best way would be to switch a relay off the oem IC fan wires, so the oem engine bay thermostat can be used (or disconnected to run continuously) then take the main High amp live from the Fat power cable in the fuse box, and earth to chassis??

Heres a lil wire diagram i knocked up to explain. :D

gtech

Post by gtech »

basically similar to the wiring diag that I am supplying you, with the option of a switch in the cabin and them being kicked in with the IC fan.

I am supplying the Relay, in fact its a Relay and Fuse in one unit, keeps things far neater.

I will start emailing over the wiring/fitting instructions tonight.

I've just quickly shot one on my car, bear in mind work in progress. What you might need to finish it off rather than using the Toyota Black self tappers that hold the lid shroud on, is (if poss) A2 or A4 stainless steel self tappers size 12x1/2" they do the job perfect and blend in nicely with the shroud.

Here is a few pics to keep you guys on the edge:

gtech

Post by gtech »

If anyone wants to get the wiring diag now, it can be downloaded from:

http://www.22817448.net/Images/GTech%20Fan%20Kit.pdf

RyanRs wrote:sweet thats kool :D

So did you get a chance to make up some wiring kits?

How would you wire these in? Im thinking the best way would be to switch a relay off the oem IC fan wires, so the oem engine bay thermostat can be used (or disconnected to run continuously) then take the main High amp live from the Fat power cable in the fuse box, and earth to chassis??

Heres a lil wire diagram i knocked up to explain. :D

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/ ... wiring.jpg
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

lookin good man!

Soo. with the wiring.. If i use the IC fan wires instead of the cabin switch, will i get the Faulty fan warning light up on my dash?

I dont use the IC fan as i have a BMIC, and disconnecting that fan brings up the warning light. to get rid of it i had to disconnect the fan relay in the boot. I believe it activates the dash warning light when the fan is disconnected or is pulling too much current??

Obv to run the engine lid fans off the IC fan circuit, i will have to re-connect the IC control box..But will it extinguish the warning light!! ??? :-k

any ideas?
gtech

Post by gtech »

Once you connect the IC fan and sensor back up, all be it they are the lid fans, that should extinguish your warning light......well thats the theory :lol:
TOPGUN

Post by TOPGUN »

PMd you M8
gtech

Post by gtech »

TOPGUN wrote:PMd you M8

Yep got your pm.........Need to go into the garage and do the measuring and weighing of both parcels. Will get that over to you later this morning.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Have received my UPS shipping notification G, have now gone into kid @ Christmas mode...
gtech

Post by gtech »

Guys, just a quick note about when you receive the shrouds and you have removed the protective film. You will see around the areas where the holes have been cut by the water jet, that the film bubbles and gets some crap under there.

Dont try to wipe this, just take the film off and give the whole thing a good swill down with a hose to remove any crud. Then you can wipe/polish with a very soft cloth.

Enjoy :mrgreen:

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”