Bedford and Banbury spots.

Seen another MR2 when you were out and about? Find out if it was another IMOCer here.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

goaferboy

Bedford and Banbury spots.

Post by goaferboy »

2 grey/silver mk3s and 1 electric blue mk2 in Bedford. Drove past the blue one twice, 2 guys were just getting in the second time. Think they saw me in my grey one.

1 Black mk2 in Banbury. Done up a bit with spangly wheels and I assume by the sound it made that it had a non standard exhaust.

1 White mk2 in Banbury. Woman driver, didn't look like an enthusiast to be honest.
MrMacko

Re: Bedford and Banbury spots.

Post by MrMacko »

there are quite a lot in banbury, there is a yellow one as well
i have a black one but not the one you seen. (mine is the only one with a small dent on the front right wing) and all mucky (i should wash it sometime soon)
goaferboy

Post by goaferboy »

Yeah I see quite a few around. Parked next to a grey/blue one exactly the same as mine once.
teknof

Post by teknof »

I've also got a black one in banbury, also very dirty!

Mine can currently be identified by a big dent in the door, acquired whilst driving sideways on ice the other week :(

Though I doubt it was mine you spotted since my spangly wheels are covered in brake dust and scratches!
GhostWKD

Post by GhostWKD »

Yellow one iirc is a tubby with shiney 17's, my old Caribbean Blue n/a is still about in Banbury too and i think the white one is the one thats at Vodafone. Dont know the black ones though theres also a Goodwood Green tubby iirc
GhostWKD

Post by GhostWKD »

Spotted 2 black MR2's today :)

Both n/a's i think, one on what looked like standard rims and standard exhaust etc and the other with shiney 17's and did give me a nod but was too busy trying to work out what the MR2 was :P

Was in my Black RX7 for both spots :mrgreen:
goaferboy

Post by goaferboy »

Theres a black RX7 in Banbury? I'll have to keep an eye out, I used to have a red 2nd generation.
GhostWKD

Post by GhostWKD »

goaferboy wrote:Theres a black RX7 in Banbury? I'll have to keep an eye out, I used to have a red 2nd generation.

Isnt being brought out all that much at the moment really but yep :)

Dont think i've ever spotted a FC on the road, though in fairness probably wouldnt have recognised one prior to getting the FD, was in the majority who immediately thought 3rd gen when thought of RX7's

Return to “Spotted”