imoc

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bill hulme
Premium Member

imoc

Post by bill hulme »

I am proud to be a member of IMOC as well as the Mk1 club all I can
say is a big thanks to Imoc :clap: I think for the membership price of the
the two is great value, so put your hand in your pocket and join
without funds things will go bust, where will you be then.
Bill. Hulme. :lol:
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Re: imoc

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Cheers Bill, your support is much appreciated. :thumleft:

It's been good having the Mk1Club here and I hope that everyone sticks around and gets to some of the IMOC meets. Mk2 & 3 owners aren't all wierd you know. :wink: :lol:
coverco

Post by coverco »

Limeymk1 wrote: Mk2 & 3 owners aren't all wierd you know. :wink: :lol:

No they really are weird :lol: :thumleft:

Agree with Bill though :lol:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Im not going to be leaving IMOC as I like it here :hug:

Saying that Im over on the new site also :thumleft:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
widster

Post by widster »

oukie wrote:Im not going to be leaving IMOC as I like it here :hug:

Saying that Im over on the new site also :thumleft:

What new site?
Ben

Post by Ben »

(Assuming it's ok to post a link)

www.mr2mk1club.com

New website and forum is now live :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Mk1Chris

Post by Mk1Chris »

It has always been ok to post links to other places if they answer the question concerned :thumleft:
Smallport 4AGTE
widster

Post by widster »

Interesting, so now two places to post.... only criticism is that the new forum is much harder on the eyes with the white text on black background and bright blue and green text. I much prefer this one to read.
michael

Post by michael »

widster wrote:Interesting, so now two places to post.... only criticism is that the new forum is much harder on the eyes with the white text on black background and bright blue and green text. I much prefer this one to read.

Just stay here and post then :thumleft:
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

widster wrote:Interesting, so now two places to post.... only criticism is that the new forum is much harder on the eyes with the white text on black background and bright blue and green text. I much prefer this one to read.

Glad you found us :thumleft: the screen colours will be addressed in due course, still a few things to sort as the site has only been live for a week, but Max is busy sorting through things like a trojan, the IMOC site itself had teething problems when it first went live like any other new site, but things will get ironed out as time goes on :thumleft: , Jinxy
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Now, now Michael, let not start dictating to entusiasts where to post :sick:

Both sites should be encouraged. \:D/
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
Tony jinxy froude

Never let it be said that the mk1 club dont listen to its members, the Forum background colour has now been changed, so no need to stay here & post after all eh Mr C :wink: , Jinxy
widster

Post by widster »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:

Never let it be said that the mk1 club dont listen to its members, the Forum background colour has now been changed, so no need to stay here & post after all eh Mr C :wink: , Jinxy

That was quick! Much easier to read and not tiring on the eyes now. Well done.

Today is the first time i have found out that here is a new, separate forum for mk1'ers. I don't know if this has been asked but won't having 2 places to post mean that only one will win through in the end or will people will be split between the two forums? I don't want to rock the boat but i'm just interested to see what will happen and a bit worried that the mk1 community will be split into two separate 'communities', and move away from the mk2 and mk3'ers. I'm sure the mk1 club forum has been set up with good intentions (and a lot of hard work) but is there a need for two separate forums which fulfill the same need?
Ben

Post by Ben »

Basically the separate forum is part of the MR2 MK1 club, which is a separate club from imoc that caters specifically for mk1s. IMOC very kindly hosted the mk1 club forum until a couple of weeks ago when the new website was launched, complete with a separate mk1 club forum to give the revamped club a decent boost. THe majority of MK1 club members are also members here on IMOC and I am sure will continue to post here as well (I now use both with no problems).
I'll let a member of the mk1 committee answer your specific questions, but the new site has earned a lot more respect for a club that, IMO, was waning a little. After watching with interest I liked what I saw, and am now a paid up member of both the Mk1 club and IMOC and I gain a lot from both :thumleft:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
widster

Post by widster »

benedwards64 wrote:Basically the separate forum is part of the MR2 MK1 club, which is a separate club from imoc that caters specifically for mk1s. IMOC very kindly hosted the mk1 club forum until a couple of weeks ago when the new website was launched, complete with a separate mk1 club forum to give the revamped club a decent boost. THe majority of MK1 club members are also members here on IMOC and I am sure will continue to post here as well (I now use both with no problems).
I'll let a member of the mk1 committee answer your specific questions, but the new site has earned a lot more respect for a club that, IMO, was waning a little. After watching with interest I liked what I saw, and am now a paid up member of both the Mk1 club and IMOC and I gain a lot from both :thumleft:

Thanks for explaining it. Much clearer now. I suppose i better think about joining both clubs then. :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

Well you can join the forum for free to see what you think - just like here really :D

Previous:
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Hi Paul,

The MR2 MK1 Club was formed as far back as 1996 by our founder member Ken Salmon who is still associated with the club today.

As internet technology boomed at the turn of the century it was clear that our dated website was in desperate need for an update and a good forum.

We approached IMOC who very kindly agreed to host a seperate setion of their forum solely for members of the MK1 Club and indeed general MK1 enthusiasts, this arrangement suited and benefitted both clubs.

Over the past 2 years the club have been developing a new website and a version of that website was launched on 2nd January 2009, 1 week later we have over 120 registered members and over 1320 posts have been made!!

We are developing the website daily as most new websites have to be.

Make sure you register to use the forum and more importantly to take full advantage of all our benefits make sure you join the Club which can be done online.
MR2 World Community www.michael-sheavills.co.uk
vashy

Post by vashy »

Limeymk1 wrote:Cheers Bill, your support is much appreciated. :thumleft:

It's been good having the Mk1Club here and I hope that everyone sticks around and gets to some of the IMOC meets. Mk2 & 3 owners aren't all wierd you know. :wink: :lol:

It's the mk1 owners that are weird 8-[
. . 6 . 7 . 8
5 . . . . i . . 9
Tony jinxy froude

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Pot & keetle spring to mind John :thumleft: :thumleft: :mrgreen: , Jinxy
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

A new Mk1 forum? It's the first i knew about it :oops: Shows how much i'm on these forums i suppose.
So now i have two forums to ask silly questions on :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”