Light snow

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

-:[KM]:-

Re: Light snow

Post by -:[KM]:- »

I'd sack him still..

I went from Nottingham to Wales to Stafford to Spondon to Home in that day.

East to west, down a bit, up a bit..Stafford by 2 o'clock. 160 miles before 4 o'clock. Get to work in the morning you idle FOP.. Unless you work for Woolies.

If you're in that bracket, I do have every sympathy (I've been in engineering for too long) and it'd be wrong to suggest I don't care.

I do.

Get to work.
Sub_Culture

Post by Sub_Culture »

Poor all you having to make do in cars with 4 wheels. Ive had to do a 100 mile round trip (50 miles each way) every day to work on my 600 Bandit from deepest darkest Kent to London and back. :neutral:

Thats much more fun, especially when the snow turns to sludge, then refreezes overnight and im back on it at 0430 the next morning! \:D/

Andy
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

My old mk1 was really good in the snow, used to work at the top of this long winding road up and around a couple of quarries, slip off the side and you're going to fall a long long way. I remember everyone taking the p1ss out of me when they heard snow was coming, "you won't get here in your car tomorrow". They all used totake the p**s out of my little mr2, as they were all mortgaged up to the hilt with 30 grand cars on top. Who took the phone call from the office manager the morning after saying she was stuck at the bottom of the hill in her massive beemer??? Laughed my t1ts off I did! Went down the hill in my "silly little go kart" and picked her up :lol:

First time I came across ice in the mk2 though I ended up facing where I came from, though that was sheet ice in my works yard, wouldn't stop me taking her out in the snow, it's my only car anyway!!!! I'd get the sack if I rang in saying I couldn't get to work for 2 inch of snow.
RobCrezz

Post by RobCrezz »

-:[KM]:- wrote:I'd sack him still..

I went from Nottingham to Wales to Stafford to Spondon to Home in that day.

East to west, down a bit, up a bit..Stafford by 2 o'clock. 160 miles before 4 o'clock. Get to work in the morning you idle FOP.. Unless you work for Woolies.

If you're in that bracket, I do have every sympathy (I've been in engineering for too long) and it'd be wrong to suggest I don't care.

I do.

Get to work.

I dont get it. You would sack him because he took his mums beetle to work? or are you talking about someone else?
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

You should have seen us all trying to get out of the car park at last nights Hemel meet..... Mr2s and snow and hills, can be either disaster or a lot of fun :lol:

R.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Depends on the road your driving on, If I had to drive on a country road that hardly no one uses I wouldnt bother as it would be very slippy eg 5mph max I would do. Got into work today and there was a few inches in the car park and even at 2mph the car was sliding when I turned, I tried reversing into a parking space and I couldnt even get grip the car just stopped still with the wheels spinning and that was on a flat surface as well!! after 3 attempts I managed to get grip :mrgreen: .

But if I was driving on a main road (like I did today) its fine as with the grit on the road and other cars using it it was just all mushy (still slippy but no where near as bad)
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

The simple answer is to just get a spare set of alloys with winter tyres and take it easy when you drive. I've had no problems getting to and from work in the MR2 even when we had those 2 days of heavy snow fall last month \:D/

My only complaint was the compacted snow tended to pile up in the centre of the road between the wheels and I ended up getting lots of little paint chips on the front bumper from catching on it :lol:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”