IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: IMOC trip to the Le Mans 24 hour - All MR2's Invited

Post by toxo »

That's as of the time I posted, had the P&O booking window open at the same time...
markiii

Post by markiii »

ekona wrote:No great surprises there then.

Right, I spoke with Mark t'other day and we're going to (presuming you're still good with this Mark!) get the following transport over there and back, including the bolt-on trip dates:

P&O Dover - Calais
9th June
Departs 08:30
Arrives 11:00
£40

P&O Calais - Dover
19 June
Departs 10:55
Arrives 11:25
£35

If anyone else wants to join us on these crossings then feel free. I'm going with P&O as they should be more stable than smaller companies, and the times are very similar to what we were going on anyway. Mark, you want me to go ahead and book these?

yeah good to go, cheers bud
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

Great!! :evil:

Useless 2wats! at least some might be able to get their money back, looks like we are going to have to take this one on the chin.

The revised sailing plan looks good Mark.
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Right, me and Mark are definitely booked in now so we're back on track :thumleft:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

As mentioned on Top Gear last weekend, the french have updated their traffic laws to require every driver to have a high visibility jacket in their car. This is in addition to the warning triangle which was already a requirement.

£5 from Halfrauds: http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... _langId_-1
blue2

Post by blue2 »

How come the crossings are so expensive when you book this far ahead? I booked mine 5 days before I left and only paid £45 each way and that included the "vip" lounge (recommended as comfy seats and free coffee!)
I was going to book with speed ferries a few weeks back, that news sucks! Hopefully the administrators will get peoples money back.
Is everyone else is booking these new ferry times? If so Ill book mine asap, would prefer to get over there with everyone else this time :D
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

blue2 wrote:How come the crossings are so expensive when you book this far ahead? I booked mine 5 days before I left and only paid £45 each way and that included the "vip" lounge (recommended as comfy seats and free coffee!)
I was going to book with speed ferries a few weeks back, that news sucks! Hopefully the administrators will get peoples money back.
Is everyone else is booking these new ferry times? If so Ill book mine asap, would prefer to get over there with everyone else this time :D

I think it's partially down to the credit crunch, but also Speedferries were masses cheaper than everyone else, and did a lot of special offers etc. As the other Dan pointed out, at least we know P&O aren't gonna go bust...
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

That's what we thought with Speedferries too though ;)

I don't think the crossings are particularly expensive, especially compared with Eurostar, and you get the smashing sea breeze and amazing views to boot! :D
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

ok i'm all booked in for the new crossing with p&o as well now..

Has anyone been in touch with speedferries about refunds?
Last edited by RoadsterBoy on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AW11 Forever..!

Post by AW11 Forever..! »

I'm waiting till the new year before booking my crossing, wasn't expecting to have to pay out another £100, go to get through Crimbo 1st :thumleft:

Got 5 Christmas parties to attend and then a big 3 days over the new year \:D/
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

I spoke to Mike about this yesterday it was suggested by Unowho that we get the earlier crossing on P&O around 7am or thereabouts, as we will be further away from LeMans than we were at Bologne & we dont want to be setting up camp too late then having to get to Leclerks for some food & drinkypoo's & settling down for the evening & watching Michael get plastered, i wanna see that in the light so that i can get some decent photo's :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Unowho will be sorting out the refund side of things & getting new tickets booked, probably in the new year :thumleft: , Jinx
t-bar89

Post by t-bar89 »

Hi Jinx,

Could you please ask Uknowwho to let me know if and when refunds become available?

I'd like my money back! :pray:

Pete
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

seem like it could be a good laugh with a good bit of driving.

If i wanted to get involved how do i sign up, whats needed, cost?

cheers, Ian
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

tubby_mr2 wrote:seem like it could be a good laugh with a good bit of driving.

If i wanted to get involved how do i sign up, whats needed, cost?

cheers, Ian

Hi Ian!

There's no more to signing up than posting in the thread :) I would suggest you read the thread from start to finish (when you've got an hour to kill!) as costs and plans have already been covered. I'd recommend that by now you've booked your ferry crossing (some of us are using P&O as covered on the previous page) and the car parking ticket (from Michael's Le Mans website). Crossing is about £90 and parking ticket is £35. I'd suggest you book a room at the White Rabbit in Maidstone for the night of the 8th of June too if there are any left!! Depends how close you are to the coast though - we all meet up there as some of us come down from the North and it's a nice place to all meet up the day before. Booking the hotel at this stage costs nothing as it's pay-on-arrival.
tubby_mr2

Post by tubby_mr2 »

will do cheers was just being lazy :roll:
mazdachris

Post by mazdachris »

Bad news I'm afraid. I crashed my car at the weekend and it's going to take a bit of sorting out,so I'm not going to be in a position to come to Le Mans in '09. I realise this will come as a massive disappointment to everyone who was eager to see me, but I'm afraid there just isn't any getting round this.

Michael, can you let me know what can be done about the parking ticket

Ta
markiii

Post by markiii »

thats not good mate, you and John in teh same weekend.

I'm sure somne will have a spare passenger seat again
mazdachris

Post by mazdachris »

Most likely, but unfortunately it's not a question fo whether my car will be running, but more a question of the financial input it's going to take to get it sorted. Put simply, I can either fix the car, or go to Le Mans. And much as I want to go to Le Mans, I think it's clear which has to take priority :(
RoadsterBoy

Post by RoadsterBoy »

RoadsterBoy wrote:ok i'm all booked in for the new crossing with p&o as well now..

For those that haven't rebooked, I got this in an email recently:

Since SpeedFerries ceased trading last month prices on the Channel have begun increasing. Great deals can still be found online by booking at www.ferrycheap.com with prices from just £25.

Early booking offers for 2009 are now available online too... if you know your dates book early; big savings will be made. Simply click on the operator below to book the cheapest crossings to France.

RoadsterBoy wrote:Has anyone been in touch with speedferries about refunds?

I also got this from the SF administrators:
Customers who wish to obtain a refund in respect of cancelled crossings and pre-booked tickets (and for which the option of claiming against their debit card or credit card provider is not available), are advised that, due to the administration, refunds in respect of these tickets are not able to be met, and that you now rank as unsecured creditors of the administration. We will continue to log your claims as unsecured creditors.

Doesn't look too hopefull... :mad:
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Basically, you'll be getting xxxx all.

Return to “Past Events”