[Mk2] [Generic] Side vent Modification through today!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Munnsy

[Mk2] [Generic] Side vent Modification through today!

Post by Munnsy »

After buying and fitting the rev5 spoiler which i have yet to post up yet, i camer across some side vent intakes on ebay modified so that the centre bar was removed, it was also already painted in 202 black so i thought bu88er it,
I payed over the odds for them i think but then again the work involved in cutting sanding etc and then painting 60 pounds delivered doesnt sound expensive.

Anyway they arrived today

So seeing as i had a day off today i got straight onto it and went shopping down to b and q looking for some paint and mesh.

I got the paint from b and q at 8 pounds
mesh from travis (huge sheet but couldnt get any smaller) 10 pounds
and being a builder had the adhesive kicking around in the van,

So i got to work, firstly cut a square slightly larger then the hole and offerd it up to the vent

i then slowly worked the mesh into the grooves of the vent and cut accordingly and overlaped the mesh where needed, moulded into place and put to one side

I did both sides and then prepped the floor with some cardboard and sprayed both mesh pieces and left to dry for 20 mins,

Next i offered the mesh back up to the vent and used plenty of adhesive to secure it in place and left to dry, i wasnt over worried about how it looked as you wouldnt see this once fitted

Then job done, looks better i hope than the original side vents so fingers crossed, will post some piccys with both these on and new spoiler fitted :evil:

I was going to leave the mesh silver but wanted it to look almost original and not in your face,
opinions welcome and anyone got any pics with something similar fitted would be great :thumleft:
cantfindausername

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Side vent Modification through today!

Post by cantfindausername »

Looks good. I had a set years ago but due to getting different wheels I never fitted them. Also done the mesh on the stock vents. Only way to go if you ask me :wink:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

yeah i know its not a huge mod but nice and subtle, need some piccys of others done really :-k :mrgreen:
Luke69

Post by Luke69 »

looks nice, should look even nicer when fitted....
fearless

Post by fearless »

well done that man as said time,prep,paint £60 is worth it if you ask me :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

has anyone got any pics of it modded at all on here, i know its a very poular mod but cant seem to find piccys on standard car?? :-k
peterc

Post by peterc »

ended up spraying my mesh black .looked better
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

a cpl of shots of my car with this mod done. first one a standard rev 1 the second one when i put my rev3 splitter on, the 3rd is my new bodykit due to fit soon.

hope that helps ya munnsy. i think its a great mod
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

mate your a legend lol :clap:
Dont suppose you got a black one :eye:
No that looks great even on a standard car, subtle mod and look forward to fitting the weekend
cheers bud
dave :thumleft: :mrgreen:
redmr89

Post by redmr89 »

id agree its a very suble mod that doesnt cost much. it was the first bodywork mod i did. and a must for the mk 2. the grills look crap. toyota should have done this from factory. and no i dont have a black one cos red is the best colour. haha

get some pics up when its done mate.
marcnoonan

Post by marcnoonan »

I love this mod

Just wish the TRD owners would do this as I think the cars great looks suffer with the middle in. (IMO)

Cheers

Marc
Everyone looks at me when I drive down the road now....... wish I could read minds.

Return to “Modifications”