Regular Essex Drive and Meet - 9th August 2010

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MarkAndLyn
IMOC Organiser

Re: Regular Essex Drive and Meet - 9th August 2010

Post by MarkAndLyn »

ppre89 wrote:](*,) ](*,) ](*,) taken all the drive shaft off etc had a good look at the gearbox and ive got a nice hole :( so wont be able to make it monday. sorry all was looking forward to meeting everyone :(

Sorry to hear that.

The next meet will be November 10th..........hope you can make that one.
Last edited by MarkAndLyn on Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

"IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM" tingymagig - T5D5
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

lol if I have to miss the next one I think ill turn up the one after bald from pulling my hair out. Unfortunatly its my daily driver so getting to work is hard and obviously my pride and joy is sat up on axles :(
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

lol i can come now. Got a gearbox for an early xmas present :D so I shall hopefully see ya all tomorrow :D
Blue1984

Post by Blue1984 »

Hi All

I'm not gonna make this one (again - sorry I havent made any yet). I took the red MK1 over the channel and back yesterday and think I've worn it out lol. Nah it's not idling too smoothly now so don't fancy risking it up the A12 tonight.

Tina
My girl is a MK1(b) Sunroof Model 1.6L

I'm a female MK1 driver.
Kooga

Post by Kooga »

Only just seen this thread - can't do tonight as I have no dashboard, steering column, electrics or throttle pedal - car being welded tomorrow to fix annoying leak. I'll try and make sure I'm there next month - Horse and Groom is a nice pub....who knows, I may even have a carpet by then!!
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

well this morning i've swapped my exhaust, fitted my new seat and aligned my wheel so ill be there
MarkAndLyn
IMOC Organiser

Post by MarkAndLyn »

Good to see you again CM1GT,
Kooga.....hope you can make the next one then on November 10th

See you all at 7.30 then

"IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM" tingymagig - T5D5
MarkAndLyn
IMOC Organiser

Post by MarkAndLyn »

Thanks again to everyone for another great meet. (12 cars)

Good to meet some new faces and all the old ones again of course...especially those who travelled a fair distance...Thetford! (Nice one Craig) Didn't get to have a good nose at your 440bhp tubby, so you'll have to come again next month! \:D/

Seemed odd sitting inside for most of the meet, but still had a good time.

Sorry if any of you made a special journey for the MR2 only magazine feature, but we were only passing on information we were given!... Never mind, we hope you had a good time anyway.

See you all next month! :thumleft:

ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

Rather enjoyed the meet, specially the quick run through some lanes with tony. Hopefully I wont get lost next month :roll: cheers all, hopefully see ya again next month :thumleft:
roboliver

Post by roboliver »

Hey, was good to meet you all, great to see so many mr2's. Will try and make the next one for sure.

Rob. :thumleft:
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

Great turn out guys! Will have to get myself to this one. Will be a good excuse for a blatt through Dartford tunnel! :twisted:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Kooga

Post by Kooga »

Car welded and drivable again, so barring catastrophes, should be good for next month! Assuming the leak has now stopped, I may even treat myself to some carpet 8)
MarkAndLyn
IMOC Organiser

Post by MarkAndLyn »

Kooga wrote:Car welded and drivable again, so barring catastrophes, should be good for next month! Assuming the leak has now stopped, I may even treat myself to some carpet 8)

Carpet!!! Tony (CM1GT) has ripped his out to get some more speed... :-k

We'll have to arrange a convoy there next month, going through the Hanningfields! \:D/

Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

Was a good meet that ive been to for a long while will try to go to the next meet! :mrgreen:
CM1GT

Post by CM1GT »

was good to meet a few more people and get something other than mk2s there, need to find a local mk3 now :-k

the weight saving isnt just for speed, also helps reduce component wear, and aid braking and handling, plus it all had to come out to fit the cage any harness anyway

kooga if you need any interior trim for a mk2 give me a shout
stu b 1 tubby

Post by stu b 1 tubby »

If all the modifications are fitted on my car i'll be at the next meet. :thumleft:
Kooga

Post by Kooga »

I think the only things I'm missing are a few clips of varying descriptions (at least one of every broke when I took it all out!!) and a hinge pin for the glove box- more than happy to part with some pennies if you have a bag full! Other than that, it was pretty immaculate before it was removed...be nice to have it in for the winter tho or it'll be really cold again this winter!!

As for a blast thru the hanningfields...sounds like a plan - could get some good pics by the reservoir. My usual sunday 6am blast is out down the B1010/B1020 Burnham/maldon way cos there's some great roads out there. Having said that need to take it a tiny bit easy still cos I'm bedding in brake pads and haven't done my rear shockers yet!
Mattc1981

Post by Mattc1981 »

Just noticed this thread ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) I will come along for the november meet \:D/ \:D/
Innocent

Post by Innocent »

CM1GT wrote:need to find a local mk3 now :-k

May well show my face then....

Am starting to consider a track car for next year and am edging towards a MK2 so will be good to come and have a chat about what to look out for.

Andy
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Any other mk1'ers going? I think I shall be there too. My mate is coming but coming along in my mr2, as he is going through a supercharger conversion which isnt on the road yet. :thumleft:

Return to “Past Events”