redeye32uk

Re: SpittinFlames Bradda Gibbo Memorial Run Sunday 20th July UPDATED

Post by redeye32uk »

Going to tie some black ribbon in a bow on my wing mirrors
450wbhp comming soon
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

lee mum and sdad are hunting around for car flags today like the england ones :thumleft:

so we should all have a car flag each hopefully :thumleft:

there trying to get 50 flags
blue2

Post by blue2 »

I was thinking about sticking something black to the front of the car, that way people in front can see and let us past. Im coming from Wirral so will be at the Harvester for the departure, dont think I can get there much before 11.30 as Ive got a couple of things to do first thing. Looks like it will be a great turnout. See you all there.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

just gives a bell mate

just been down the pub they dont open untill 12

but they said if anyone wants a coffee they will be very good and serve us still :thumleft:
Azz

Post by Azz »

The Fishing line thing did not work, so car flags would be cool, :thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

azz the idea was a good one :thumleft:

ive not had chance speak to lin and ron sinch dinner so im not sure if they managed to get some

soon as i know i will post up

i tryed get some black ribbon but me been a bloke couldnt find a type of shop that might sell it.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

lin and ron have sorted flags guys,

if any of you are early i will be at the harvester from 10:30 just to great ppl as its not nice if your traveling along way then your the 1st there :thumleft:

ill be the one eating a double sausage and egg mc muffin :thumleft:
Azz

Post by Azz »

Ditto, i will get getting McD's before i set off lol,

See you there
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

good man :thumleft:

dont want misleed anyone there is no mc donalds near the harvester theres just one near where i live
Neil_turbo

Post by Neil_turbo »

were not going to be able to make it sorry :( , was hoping timings would fall into place but its not happened and won't be back in time sorry.

All the best

Neil
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Heh my comedy navigation skills failed me once again! Think i got to the harvester at 12:05, then down the a500, of to macc and then down the a something suggested by Rob... 537? bu88ered if i could find any cats or fiddles, and then i ran out of time. Still, i had a great drive to see them off with! Think I was going in the wrong direction on the 537 out of Macclesfield...
Last edited by toxo on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

just got back.it was an excellent turnout.thanks to everyone,especialy those who traveled from out of the area.it was good to see so many,shame it was not under better circumstances but i am sure lee and andy would have been really chuffed.saying that they are more than likely laughing their heads off,to see us all with our black (england)flags,trundling along at a sedate pace.the bench looks good,and the bush or shrub (not a gardener)will serve as a memorial to our friends,for years to come.the plaque with the bush is very appropriate.
only real problem on the day,was the winking man pub, refused to serve dave (mr two)with a basket of chips.tried to talk him out of it,but he is intent on taking it to the european court of human rights,(kept on mumbling something about,civil libertys)
few photos,more to follow.paul.

[/img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h165/ ... 07.jpg[img]
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

more photos.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I am so pleased I made this event. I really felt it was important to give support to all those close to Lee and particularly Rob and Lee's Mum and Dad.

Rob did us all proud of course, what a guy. :+:

It was good to talk to Ron and Lyn and also to a fair few people i know of on IMOC but haven't met in person before. I think what was great though was the coming together of the club to support Lee's family and friends and it was very cool to be a part of it all. I felt quite proud in a way.

I must say though it was poignant at times, when we joined the convoy at Macc it really brought it home to me. Also seeing the tree and reading the plaque with those words on it whilst I stood there with Tim B (yes really!), Dave (redeye) and Mark, I nearly choked.

I think in essence and maybe in a touch of a sentimental way, this is what the club is all about, being there for friends and getting together when others need support.

Thanks Rob for all the organising you have done, Lee and Andy would have been so proud of you. Also my sincerest wishes go out to Ron and Lyn who clearly have a long hard road ahead of them with coming to terms with the loss of their son. Its very hard to appreciate what that feels like and I hope in our own little way we are able to ease that (if its ever really possible) just a little and show them we care. :hug:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lemon Secretary

Post by Lemon Secretary »

guys that's beautiful plaque, really well done, it sent a shiver over me when i read it.

i'm sorry we (me + t-bar89) didn't make it to the memorial etc, but these two guys have been in our thoughts recently. we didn't know them all that well but met them at Le Mans 2007 and when you spend a concentrated amount of time with people like that, you have a bit of a bond.

i know they did a lot for the club(s) and they will be missed by both those who hardly knew them and those who knew and loved them well.

x
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

I only got one picture today because I forgot my camera #-o

But what a picture :mrgreen:

:gayfight:

The circumstances that brought us all together today were tragic and I did feel a range of emotions throughout the day, the bench and the plaque especially bringing home why we were all there. But it was nice to see old faces again and meet new people. And I shared some very happy memories of Lee and Andy along the way.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

GUYS what a rememberal day

its is surely one that no one will forget

andy and lee with love in our hearts we solute you

i would like to say some perssonal thank you`s to people

Ron and lin, you are great guys but you really shouldnt have but its loverly im just scared to use it as its so nice
again im still here for you both and i will be up soon for an egg mc muffin
:hug: to both of you im sure now you know why lee loved what he does.
:hug:

kirstbird in these sad times of you losing andy you have also done him proud the plaque was fantastic, the plaque support please thank your brother too! you have been there to help with everything and you are an amazing girl! :hug:

SySanguinary massive thank you for everything you have done but if your going to jae im going force you drink plenty of beer with me!!!

Lauren what can i say, it was a real pleasure i can not fault you, wish we could have spoke more but we will do soon :thumleft:

aitch as always mate you are always there showing your support and been a true gentelmen

tim and redeye both of you thank you for showing your support and it will be nice to chat with you again too hopefully soon

kirsty, jaik alex, dave, paul, sue, mark, azz keith and everyone else who come today this day was very special and as an mr2 event and a perssonal event is one to be remembered that everyone put differences aside to reunite as a team and it was an amazing day

lee and andy were there today and im sure they will be thanking everyone too

please excuse me if i havnt mentioned you as i have them many names floating in my head at the moment im drained

but with you all this day will live on in all of us, to see everything come together is fantastic

lin, ron will be in touch :thumleft:

and the flags what can i say what a great touch! was worth the effort you guys made and im very impressed :thumleft:

too see the england flag towards the end was reallyy good too :thumleft: \:D/

SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

What a day. Loads of emotion, cars, cracking people a few laughs and even a sneaky beer for me! (Thanks go to Jaik for driving me around since the temporary demise of my MR2 last night).
Good to put faces to names and to meet Rob, Ron and Lin.
Very well planned, and for all of us to stay together for the distance of the run was incredible.

The day really was a success wasn't it.

May there be many, many more.

robbrookes5 wrote:
SySanguinary massive thank you for everything you have done but if your going to jae im going force you drink plenty of beer with me!!!

Erm, Rob that sounds like a threat to me. Thanks, I'll take you up on it. :thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

im sure there will be many more :thumleft:

for everyone stay together and for so many cars it was fantastic, im hoping lots of pictures and videos come up soon :thumleft:

to call in at the winking man every run will be super to support the pub and the lads on future runs :thumleft:
Pam - MR2 Only

Post by Pam - MR2 Only »

It was a great day - credit to you Rob for arranging and keeping us all together :clap: so emotional to see so many cars in convoy for the lads the sun came out so we know they were with us we must make it a regular meeting and run, Ron and Lin you will be in our thoughts for many a day............and we'll met up soon.
Andy filmed the whole run up to the Cat and Fiddle and when I learn how to upload piccies mine will follow :? cheers everyone you were a credit

Pam
MR2 Only Team

Return to “Past Events”