[Mk2] [Turbo] turbo upgrade

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

skyline

[Mk2] [Turbo] turbo upgrade

Post by skyline »

hi guys just got back from perfect touch after a mapping session with rob.i got 302 fwhp at 1.0bar which i was well pleased with.rob then advised me to put on a bigger turbo(gt28) and i was wondering which one to go for?here is a list of what ive got so far;

blitz exhaust
aussie downpipe
apexi intake
apexi avcr
apexi power fc
berk intercooler
sard 800cc injectors
walbro 255lph fuel pump
ngk plugs
magnecor leads
hks ssqv

im going for around 350 fwhp so just wondered which turbo would be best for that.cheers guys
Tubby Tommy

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] turbo upgrade

Post by Tubby Tommy »

GT3071R! :thumleft:

or do internals, up the boost and GT3076R!
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

GT3071R is good for over 400fwbhp - looking back at that thread Ryan posted with various power curves, this turbo spools up nearly as quickly as a CT20. There wasn't a curve for a GT28, but if you're more interested in engine response apparantly these spool up very quickly.

http://www.koracing.net/productimages/D ... siPump.jpg

Basically your going to be risking the standard internals if you push toward 350, but many people have no problems.

Is yours a rev2 or 3? If it's rev2 then the head will be a real restriction at and above 350.
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

what do U mean head ??
the cams or headgasket ??
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

skyline wrote:hi guys just got back from perfect touch after a mapping session with rob.i got 302 fwhp at 1.0bar which i was well pleased with.rob then advised me to put on a bigger turbo(gt28) and i was wondering which one to go for?here is a list of what ive got so far;

blitz exhaust
aussie downpipe
apexi intake
apexi avcr
apexi power fc
berk intercooler
sard 800cc injectors
walbro 255lph fuel pump
ngk plugs
magnecor leads
hks ssqv

im going for around 350 fwhp so just wondered which turbo would be best for that.cheers guys

350 - 370 fwbhp then a gt 2871r would probably be your best option, the gt30 will be slower to spool but will be more future friendly if you ever wan't to take the next step in modifications :-k
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

mrtee wrote:
skyline wrote:hi guys just got back from perfect touch after a mapping session with rob.i got 302 fwhp at 1.0bar which i was well pleased with.rob then advised me to put on a bigger turbo(gt28) and i was wondering which one to go for?here is a list of what ive got so far;

blitz exhaust
aussie downpipe
apexi intake
apexi avcr
apexi power fc
berk intercooler
sard 800cc injectors
walbro 255lph fuel pump
ngk plugs
magnecor leads
hks ssqv

350 - 370 fwbhp then a gt 2871r would probably be your best option, the gt30 will be slower to spool but will be more future friendly if you ever wan't to take the next step in modifications :-k

saying that i would love to see the two turbo's compared to each other with your mods only ...would be so much easier to decide if you could see there power curves on top of each other :-k
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Kubus wrote:what do U mean head ??
the cams or headgasket ??

Cams. How would a HG restrict breathing anyway?
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

my bad :)
I thought overall ...

Return to “Modifications”