Dark blue t-bar with black interior?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: Dark blue t-bar with black interior?

Post by Lauren »

widster wrote:
I don't need to justify why, i just prefer blue. Not just because it's different, but because it is my preference as you obviously prefer black. No more to it than that.

LOL!

Each to their own. :flossy:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

I think we need a seperate sub forum just for discussion of AIR SCOOPS and BLUE INTERIORS :mrgreen:

...we could avoid the content and skip straight to the inevitable ad hominem stuff then. \:D/
Last edited by Sharpfish on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Sharpfish wrote:I think we need a seperate sub forum just for discussion of AIR SCOOPS and BLUE INTERIORS :mrgreen:

No, we don't. One section of... debates... over them is enough... :lol:
coverco

Post by coverco »

Why are my posts disappearing, I only asked if Widster had a blue interior, what rule did that break?

It seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me, I have not said I have a problem with blue interiors and have not mentioned scoops, is this victimisation :thumleft:

Lauren has stated she hates blue interiors but her posts are not being deleted, is this a conspiracy :-k
coverco

Post by coverco »

Sharpfish wrote:I think we need a seperate sub forum just for discussion of AIR SCOOPS and BLUE INTERIORS :mrgreen:

...we could avoid the content and skip straight to the inevitable ad hominem stuff then. \:D/

I agree totally with the ad hominem comment, Lauren is totally out of order in her views on blue interiors, strange how my posts get deleted and you have to edit yours, but hers are left intact :thumleft:
Bazzbiggles

Post by Bazzbiggles »

coverco wrote:Looks like you just missed this one :(

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=98832

I think this car, blue with leather seats, is on ebay now. Try looking for Item number: 130232071324
coverco

Post by coverco »

Bazzbiggles wrote:

I think this car, blue with leather seats, is on ebay now. Try looking for Item number: 130232071324

It was sold but I guess the buyer must have backed out, it looks nice in the pictures but maybe the amount of welding needed scared the buyer off. I wish it was a bit closer, I would have a look :D

I need a third MK1 (don't tell the wife) :thumleft:
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

coverco wrote:
Bazzbiggles wrote:

It was sold but I guess the buyer must have backed out, it looks nice in the pictures but maybe the amount of welding needed scared the buyer off. I wish it was a bit closer, I would have a look :D

I need a third MK1 (don't tell the wife) :thumleft:

The guy who's selling it is a member on here, you could PM him to ask about the welding extent. I've a feeling those are old pics though as they are same as on his profile updated in 2006, don't quote me though.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

coverco wrote:
I agree totally with the ad hominem comment, Lauren is totally out of order in her views on blue interiors, strange how my posts get deleted and you have to edit yours, but hers are left intact :thumleft:

Err...

If i don't like blue interiors I am absolutely entitled to express my opinion.

I am not out of order in anyway whatsoever.

None of your posts have been removed or edited, maybe you have a technical problem?
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

coverco wrote:

I wasn't directing it at Lauren in particular, her hatred of blue interiors is legendary and I guess just something we have to get used to. As it goes when I had my blue interior I didn't mind it, certainly didn't hate it but I very much preferred the black one in my 2nd mr2. I wouldn't let the interior colour sway me on an otherwise good priced solid local car. It can be changed later if it really makes you vomit every time you drive ;)

oh btw nothind dodgy going on I think, I edited my own post due to the added sentence and word juggling, not sure why your posts dissapeared if they did?
Sharpfish

Post by Sharpfish »

Lauren wrote:

I've just thought of another hot topic for the air scoops/blue interior sub forum.. TRACK DAYS! :whistle: (my personal opinon is that I couldn't care less about them but there are many people who love them, same with blue interiors.. .it can happen)

Anyway to be clear, my post up above was tounge in cheek based on the way these threads tend to end up esp when strong opinions are expressed which are mostly a matter of taste with no real 'right or wrong As much as I prefer black interiors to the blue ones I also respect and accept that there are many mr2 owners out there who do like them and even if they don't, can do little about it now (and that's where I think it's a tad cruel to keep pointing it out to them as if it ruins the whole car) - they are prob just happy to have a cool car to drive around in and enjoy. If it had progressed to the 'taste wars' as I suspect it may have then my point would have been valid :)
coverco

Post by coverco »

Lauren wrote:
coverco wrote:

Err...

I am not out of order in anyway whatsoever.

None of your posts have been removed or edited, maybe you have a technical problem?

Of course you are entitled to hate blue interiors.

I posted a post with the question

So you have a blue interior then?

It disappeared, possibly there is a technical issue, but after the disappearing posts of a recent thread I not unreasonably thought it had been removed, and was struggling to see why. I guess it must be mysterious technical issues which are very selective :thumleft:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

coverco wrote:

It disappeared, possibly there is a technical issue, but after the disappearing posts of a recent thread I not unreasonably thought it had been removed, and was struggling to see why. I guess it must be mysterious technical issues which are very selective :thumleft:

Tommy, nobody would ever have a post removed or edited without them being informed about it.

Nothing seleective at all. I don't like the way you are accusing the mods of underhand moderating or of abusing their power. :-:

You can be damn sure such behaviour would not be tolerated.

As I am entitled not to like blue interiors, it would follow that none of my posts are 'out of order' as you put it.
coverco

Post by coverco »

Lauren wrote:
coverco wrote:

Tommy, nobody would ever have a post removed or edited without them being informed about it.

Nothing seleective at all. I don't like the way you are accusing the mods of underhand moderating or of abusing their power. :-:

You can be damn sure such behaviour would not be tolerated.

As I am entitled not to like blue interiors, it would follow that none of my posts are 'out of order' as you put it.

I did say that you were out of order with tongue in cheek (I hate blue interiors also, and threw the last bits of the blue interior from my breaker away last week :thumleft: ).

A number of my posts disappeared from a certain thread earlier in the week, I will admit a number of other peoples posts were also removed.

How could I possibly accuse the mods of doing anything but a fantastic job :hug: :lover: :+:
GaryR

Post by GaryR »

Blimey, I didn't mean to start world war III.... :)

Bringing it back on track a little.... any suggestions on where to find a good one.

I've been checking For Sale on here, the MK1 owners club page, auto-trader and piston-heads. There are a few red t-bars that look promising, but I'm really after a blue one.

My current car is MOT'ed until November, so I'm being a bit choosey, but would hate to miss a good car by not looking in the right place.

Thanks,
coverco

Post by coverco »

GaryR wrote:Blimey, I didn't mean to start world war III.... :)

Bringing it back on track a little.... any suggestions on where to find a good one.

I've been checking For Sale on here, the MK1 owners club page, auto-trader and piston-heads. There are a few red t-bars that look promising, but I'm really after a blue one.

My current car is MOT'ed until November, so I'm being a bit choosey, but would hate to miss a good car by not looking in the right place.

Thanks,

Keep checking the for sale section on here, Ebay is good, but you need to either go and see the car or be prepared for the worst :)

I have bought 2 MK1's off Ebay and have been happy with both, I paid £550 for the first and £500 for the second, they both needed work but as I can weld it is not such a worry.

Don't worry about WWIII I could start an argument in an empty room :thumleft:

(I bet Lauren could as well............................. awaits argument :whistle: )
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

coverco wrote:
How could I possibly accuse the mods of doing anything but a fantastic job :hug: :lover: :+:

No worries Tommy. :hug:
coverco

Post by coverco »

Lauren wrote:
coverco wrote:

No worries Tommy. :hug:

Awwww Lauren, I was looking forward to a good weekend discussion :lol:

NOTE TO SELF: Get out more #-o

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”