[Mk2] [Turbo] look what some b*****d did to my car

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Spittinflames

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] look what some b*****d did to my car

Post by Spittinflames »

Dave if that was done on chapel street, I'll gladly write down that i saw the co-op lorry hit your car.

It's on my delivery so i see that lorry most mornings when hes Dropping off.

Bunch of right hand jockeys.

Just noticed rob mentions going up the breakers to get a wing off my old car. It's the breakers near hotlane, as you come from the bp garage go down the bank and it's on your right hand side before you get to the car sales.

Although i wouldnt hold up much hope of it being in good nic anymore, they caved the back panel in just getting on the tow truck.
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Lee mate what can i say :wink: :thumleft:
It happened around 4.30pm though fella.
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Mr Two wrote:Lee mate what can i say :wink: :thumleft:
It happened around 4.30pm though fella.

I was working overtime :wink:

pm me some details and what you want me to do and i'll do it.
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

PM'd Lee :thumleft:
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

s and m breakers i think it is :)
like lee says its up near where the ladys of the night stand
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

how do you know that Rob :lol: :lol: :wink:
murf

Post by murf »

s and m breakers

Is the name not enough of a clue :lol:
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Quote:
s and m breakers

Is the name not enough of a clue

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumleft:
rookie-racer

Post by rookie-racer »

being an ex lorry driver i can tell you you are wasting your time talking to a tranport manager in a distirbution factory - they are supervisors - ahem monkeys.... demand a resolution from the general manager of that depot. then escalate. hell even buy a few shares and raise it at the AGM :oops:

infairness to th driver, he might not even have noticed that crunch, particularly if your car was well inset relative to the other cars as th higher and neared the mirror cars either side of you would block the line of sight to your car.

thi is especially true if, as i suspect it was, the tail swing of the motor that caught your car as he slalomed through the parked motors,

this might make you look like a right willy now, buit you could try nicely requesting, failing which DEMANDING the stores cctv recordings see if they caught the delivery vehicle parked offloading his pallets - under the data protection act, you have a legal right to see any footage they have of you.

and also if you have more than one vehicle double park the feckers deliberately making it passible for cars, but not for lorries. the worst that can happen is the coop runs out of bread till you get a new wing etc from them. no the absolute worst is that your cars get skelped by a fire engine (red paint) - but what are the odds?

best of luck with it fella :thumleft:
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

cheers for comments everyone :thumleft:

Rookie Racer - i have a HGV license too AND i have been a warehouse & distribution manager for quite a few years. If i was driving that vehicle i would definitely know if i'd hit a parked car like this :wink: . When manouvering slowly between parked vehicles you constantly view all mirrors!!
I have a very sensitive motion-sensor within the cars' alarm system and apparently the "scrape" set the alarm off. the driver was seen to stop his lorry,get out,speak to someone in a parked car opposite,get back into his lorry and drive off!!! Don't know who this person is AND i don't have the registration No of the lorry though ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :cry:
I am so pi$$ed off :?
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Dave i see the co-op lorry most mornings, Next time i see it do you want me to write the reg down. I'm sure its the same truck everyday that delivers there.

It was there this morning, I was going to have a look to see if i could see any marks but in all fairness i dont think it would of hurt the truck.
nailmonkey

Post by nailmonkey »

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about car, I was at the scrapyard today and the wing off Lees old car is still there, it's inside the car so you wouldn't have to remove it. Seems in fairly good condition still, a few little scratches and a bit it pushed in slightly but should push out, definitely looks better than yours at the moment!

Only thing is, I think it has wing-mounted indicators, so you'd need both or to cut a hole in your passenger side (easy to do).

Nik
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Yep it does have wing mounted indicators.... i put them in as i removed the tolbs.

My car's still there then.... Hows the old girl looking?

If anyone pops down there and spots her, would you take a piccy for me, Be interesting to see how much of her is left.
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Thanks Lee
Only problem is that it is a different lorry sometimes :cry:
The one which hit my car was from Raleigh Hall,nr Eccleshall(white bodywork & blue crash bars around the bottom-this one delivers chilled goods(chiller unit over the cab)
The other one for other deliveries comes from Talke.
We have been observing the lorries & drivers all week when possible but they have been different ones. The driver concerned has plenty of facial stubble,longish hair which hangs out of his hat,aged around 40?He does look kind of scruffy really :)- soon be recognised :wink: so if you see him then yup,get his reg No :thumleft:
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

Hi Nik,good to hear from you fella :thumleft:
what car are you running now - didn't you sell your turbo :-k

Dave
nailmonkey

Post by nailmonkey »

Spittinflames wrote:Yep it does have wing mounted indicators.... i put them in as i removed the tolbs.

My car's still there then.... Hows the old girl looking?

If anyone pops down there and spots her, would you take a piccy for me, Be interesting to see how much of her is left.

Hi,

The car looks good, too good to end up there :(

Quite a lot of parts left, although no intercooler fan anymore after this morning, it's gone to a good home :D

Mr Two wrote:Hi Nik,good to hear from you fella
what car are you running now - didn't you sell your turbo

Dave

Hi Dave,

Still the same old car, I'm far too tight to change it!! \:D/

Nik
pez

Post by pez »

The exact same thing happen to my car except the scratch was thicker, deeper and on the back panel (where the arial is). Had to pay £700 out of my own money to get it fixed. The company and the police said the same thing to me. Bastards!!!! :evil:
Mr Two

Post by Mr Two »

I know exactly how you must have felt Pez,really pi$$es you off don't it eh :evil:
I have given the police a full description of the driver and the vehicle and stated that i have witnesses but because i cannot give them a registration number they aren't interested.All i've asked is that they take my 90% of the information,go and interview the driver and inspect the lorry concerned.They have all the details of the driver,vehicle,time etc on file at the depot.What do we pay the police for ffs and they wonder why people take matters into their own hands!! I drive 1500 miles a week through LOTS of speed cameras etc and they are so quick to throw me £60 fine towards taking my license away,for doing a few mph over the limit :?
Ry_B

Post by Ry_B »

some right xxxxx out there!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”