[FINALIZED] Rev 2 tin top tubby in blue - NEEDS TO GO QUICK!

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

screech205

Rev 2 tin top tubby in blue - NEEDS TO GO QUICK!

Post by screech205 »

Ok me and the missus have just bought a house and need money for the deposit so it's curtains for the tubby i'm afraid :cry:

It's a 1993 k reg turbo in scooby/carribean blue (has been resprayed) with approx 120k miles. It has the LSD gearbox and has 12 months MOT and 6 months tax :thumleft:

Comes with HKS mushroom air filter and Silent Hi Power exhaust, 16" Modena wheels, low mileage CT20 turbo, MBC, Sparco steering wheel, new tyres front and rear, half leather seats and TRD gearknob. Oil and filter have been changed every 6000 miles religiously and it has had a new dizzy cap, rotor arm and plugs in the last 12 months.

Over the last 2 years i've spent a fair bit of cash getting it right and replacing dead bits, so it's had a new Exedy uprated organic clutch fitted last year, very low mileage Rev 3 Bilstein dampers and front droplinks, new rear wheel bearings, new front balljoint, replacement rear caliper and new rear balljoint.

There are a couple of minor issues which still need to be resolved. The first one is that there is a slight leak in the inlet system which after fitting a new turbo and pipework i have narrowed down to the intercooler. It is still the stock item so i would imagine you'd swap it for an uprated item anyway and have some fun!

Also there is a wire on the loom which is currently bridged to make it work but just needs replacing.

Basically it's stuff that is easy to fix but i just haven't had time to sort!

I'm looking for offers in the region of £2200 just to get me some cash for my house. I will consider any offer you wish to make but please don't take the pi$$!

There are some pics in my garage and i will get some new ones put up as soon as i can.

Thanks for looking

Steve
Last edited by screech205 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy-Runner

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev 2 tin top tubby in blue - NEEDS TO GO QUICK!

Post by Andy-Runner »

I can definately recommend this car! Always well looked after and driven with care (still thinking of buying it myself ...... then i'd have red, white and blue! :lol: )

Really nice example of a Rev 2 tubby - and the suspension has covered less than 40k from new (i should know :wink: )

Best of luck with the sale Steve

Andy
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Will consider any sensible offer with/with out tax and MOT :(
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Re: Rev 2 tin top tubby in blue - NEEDS TO GO QUICK!

Post by Martin F »

screech205 wrote:Ok me and the missus have just bought a house and need money for the deposit so it's curtains for the tubby i'm afraid :cry:

It's a 1993 k reg turbo in scooby/carribean blue (has been resprayed) with approx 120k miles. It has the LSD gearbox and will have 12 months MOT and 6 months tax by the end of the month as they both run out in December.

Comes with HKS mushroom air filter and Silent Hi Power exhaust, 16" Modena wheels, low mileage CT20 turbo, MBC, Sparco steering wheel, new tyres front and rear, half leather seats and TRD gearknob. Oil and filter have been changed every 6000 miles religiously and it has had a new dizzy cap, rotor arm and plugs in the last 12 months.

Over the last 2 years i've spent a fair bit of cash getting it right and replacing dead bits, so it's had a new Exedy uprated organic clutch fitted last year, very low mileage Rev 3 Bilstein dampers and front droplinks, new rear wheel bearings, new front balljoint and new rear balljoint.

There are a couple of minor issues which still need to be resolved. The first one is that there is a slight leak in the inlet system which after fitting a new turbo and pipework i have narrowed down to the intercooler. It is still the stock item so i wpuld imagine you'd swap it for an uprated item anyway and have some fun!

Also there is a wire on the loom which is currently bridged to make it work but just needs replacing.

Basically it's stuff that is easy to fix but i just haven't had time to sort!

I'm looking for offers in the region of £2200 just to get me some cash for my house. I will consider any offer you wish to make but please don't take the pi$$!

There are some pics in my garage and i will get some new ones put up as soon as i can.

Thanks for looking

Steve

this is very sad mate, not just for yourself but for imoc... :(

good luck with the sale anyway bud :thumleft:
screech205

Post by screech205 »

I know mate it's killing me but really can't afford to run this and gertrude's car too :(

Wish there was another way but really need the cash, will make an excellent project for someone as it polishes up lovely and is crying out for a chargecooler and ECU!

If only i had the money to do it :evil:
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

what a shame....why all good cars are up north :(:(
i would love to get it but its too far #-o
Andy-Runner

Post by Andy-Runner »

Trust me fella - it would be worth the trip :thumleft:
No_more_GT4

Post by No_more_GT4 »

Can you tell me what the colour was before you had it resprayed please :D

Rich
Joey336

Post by Joey336 »

No_more_GT4 wrote:Can you tell me what the colour was before you had it resprayed please :D

Rich

I guess red by looking at the engine bay pic.

Anyhow

screech205-

Let me know how the MOT goes, as I've just been dropped in it, had plans of a ITR engine for me civic but thats just fell through. I really want an MR2 back in my life!
screech205

Post by screech205 »

No worries mate, will do. It's booked in for next tuesday.

I have replaced a seized rear brake caliper only yesterday, and TBH can't really see anything else that it will fail on!

No doubt i will be proven wrong :evil:

It used to be red and was sprayed blue over in Japland.

Also forgot to mention it's had a new handbrake cable this year too :thumleft:
No_more_GT4

Post by No_more_GT4 »

Joey336 wrote:
No_more_GT4 wrote:Can you tell me what the colour was before you had it resprayed please :D

Rich

I guess red by looking at the engine bay pic

:oops: :oops: I only had a look at the big picture in Screech's profile page :roll:

Rich
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Going back in for re-test tomorrow - had new master cylinder and UK spec indicator lenses and that's it so all should be well :D
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

I'd have this off u but the insurers want £1500. God knows where I am going wrong, I'm 23 (the killer) with 3yrsNCB!

It's the Sheffield factor I swear!
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

dont worry they want 2.000 quid off me ...
and I still want it :)
screech205

Post by screech205 »

I won't tell you how much it costs me for insurance cos you'd kill me!! It's less than £500 put it that way 8)

Still not tested as of yet, bloody lambda sensor playing up now but should hopefully be sorted by the end of the week. All other bits were ok :thumleft:
SwissHeavy

Post by SwissHeavy »

Kubus wrote:dont worry they want 2.000 quid off me ...
and I still want it :)

You Polish chaps have far too much money!!! :lol:
Kubus

Post by Kubus »

haha If U would know what I did went through to save those monies U wouldnt say that ....
i have been working for the past 5 months ... 7 days a week with no brake.. and guess what i wont have a break all the way up may 2008 :)

oh well - thats dream come true in some way.....
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Now with 12 months test and 6 months tax 8)
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

Hi matey, im very interested, just to confirm where abouts are you based? if the car is still available just after the new year i'll take a trip up and have a look if thats cool?

Ross :thumleft:
LukeQuake

Post by LukeQuake »

SwissHeavy wrote:I'd have this off u but the insurers want £1500. God knows where I am going wrong, I'm 23 (the killer) with 3yrsNCB!

It's the Sheffield factor I swear!

Change Brokers! :D

Return to “MR2s for Sale”