[Mk2] [Turbo] New Insurance Quote :)

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

zak_godsell

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] New Insurance Quote :)

Post by zak_godsell »

this is not on.i am 35 nearly 36 and i pay about £500 with a few mods,nothing major.i will have to move to the middle of nowhere to get a cheaper qoute this year.bloody post codes :evil:
dannyroids

Post by dannyroids »

hmmmm. :roll: It really isn't worth not declaring the mods, when and IF it comes to pay out time...you wont getting a penny. Its just not worth it. My mods are declared as i want my payout if anything were to happen.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

I would be rerally carefull they have got the right model as that doesnt sound right to me at your age. i have a mate who works at an insurance broker, he went everywhere and could not get it cheaper than £500 with no mods and im 32, live in a good area and have no points and full no claims
Hellboy

Post by Hellboy »

My 2 is listed on its V5 form as a

Toyota
MR2
body type :sports

Engine : 2000CC

No mention of it being a Turbo model, Technically I could have it insured as a non turbo as thats what the DVLA have registered it as when it came from Japan (i even have the de-registration doc from Japan that states its a Turbo GT T-Bar, so they dont read at the DVLA it would seem)

Anyway Im insured TPFT for £350, London Postcode - 6points , Insured as a Turbo Import - 12years NCD (max reduction is 5 years) - 27years old (6years NCD on one car and 6 years from my 2nd car which i dont have no more is how i have a total of 12years NCD)

The car is only worth at most £3750 (to me and what its had done) FC insurance is another 200 or so But i really cant be ar$ed as its a cheap car.
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

Themorris

IT DEFO IS A TURBO, this is a renewal, i been there for 2 years now. and on insurance docs its down as. Mr2 turbo.

Not GT, not GT T BAR and not GTS.

I had this last time i put my renewal up! :)

It also goes by occupation, they seem to think that all Accountants are boring and safe! :)

nick
blue2

Post by blue2 »

hmmmm Interesting about insurance not paying out if you dont delclare mods. Im awaiting a nice fat cheque thats been confirmed and I have an undeclared induction kit. Of course Ive only just realized it was a mod, I thought it was fitted as standard and the previous owner never told me it was fitted aftermarket, oh ye that goes for my exhaust too.
I think the only time they will try to get out of paying is if the accident bad and it requires that your car be checked over for faults. Obviously if you have loads of mods then you would be foolish not to declare at least the obvious ones but who is to say what is a mod and what you thought was factory fitted, you could plead ignorance. :)
GeoffC320

Post by GeoffC320 »

blue2 wrote:
I think the only time they will try to get out of paying is if the accident bad and it requires that your car be checked over for faults. Obviously if you have loads of mods then you would be foolish not to declare at least the obvious ones but who is to say what is a mod and what you thought was factory fitted, you could plead ignorance. :)

....which is exactly when you *really* want your insurance to be paying out. :eye:

The expression "ignorance of the law is no excuse" also springs to mind....
david01554

insurance

Post by david01554 »

I only pay 235 pounds fully comp for a turbo with A one insurance,( Dave 01202854527, he seems to know what he his talking about) this is with a few mods, give them a try.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”