[Mk2] [Turbo] intercooler what do u thing ?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

skinthespin

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] intercooler what do u thing ?

Post by skinthespin »

he he, no worries luthor, got htinking about rs200's though and went onto www.rs200.org some great pics on there, these are some engine bay pics of prototype number 003....

unyonion

Post by unyonion »

Ha! I love the 'air filter' on that last pic!!!! pipe with mesh on it!!!! lol
Plus I personally love the idea. A roof scoop would look ace I think, well done that man for thinking up new ideas for us to check out n poss steal later on :whistle:

edit.. ah just noticed that black looking thingy that it goes into! ](*,) (goes off to hang head in shame)

Mark
EarL

Post by EarL »

SW20Paul wrote:You need to lose the rev1 throttle body thats gonna be bad for flow [-X

Wrong. [-X

The throttle body is fine for serious amounts of power (I still have one on mine, and it's making 500+ hp now), it's the adapter attached to it that reduces air flow as it's funnell shaped. Replacing it for one like Tim sells gets around this problem.

Here's a link:

http://xxxx/catalog/p ... ucts_id=63

Apart from that... It really is great to see someone thinking outside of the box for a change, and doing something new. Well done mate. :thumleft:

EarL.
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
SW20Paul

Post by SW20Paul »

EarL wrote:
SW20Paul wrote:You need to lose the rev1 throttle body thats gonna be bad for flow [-X

Wrong. [-X

The throttle body is fine for serious amounts of power (I still have one on mine, and it's making 500+ hp now), it's the adapter attached to it that reduces air flow as it's funnell shaped.

Thats what I meant :tongue:
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

EarL wrote:

Wrong. [-X

The throttle body is fine for serious amounts of power (I still have one on mine, and it's making 500+ hp now), it's the adapter attached to it that reduces air flow as it's funnell shaped. Replacing it for one like Tim sells gets around this problem.

Here's a link:

Apart from that... It really is great to see someone thinking outside of the box for a change, and doing something new. Well done mate. :thumleft:

EarL.
thanks for all the comments the piping is 2.5 the insperation for its posetion is the rs200 i was a big ford man the boot led im gona have to slot both sides and then pin it at the back to keep it on. the rear moulding will be cut to fit against the cooler as for the engine bay cooling theres now the side vent where the standard cooler was to draw in the air as there is no cooler there now big hole for air flow i would thing :-k im gona take the cooler of again and strip of the paint and polish it and see what that looks like then and may be then look at getting the scoup made up if it does not look right still think thats every think coverd for now shall keep updating as we go along cheers DAZ :thumleft:
rossdymond3352

Post by rossdymond3352 »

Looks great mate, out of the square thinking! I like!

although, cant wait to see some sort of scoop, and some nice holes to get the pipes from your engine bay to outside :lol:

What core is that matey? im considering something similar after seeing the rs200 at goodwood this year :thumleft:
oBladeo

Post by oBladeo »

Looks really different mate. Love it when people do stuff different :D

Not sure how much cooling you'll get from it tho as the core doesn't look to big. I can see it's allot longer tho and hope all goes well with it :D

i also need to buy one of them

But theres no chance i'm paying £50
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

rossdymond3352 wrote:Looks great mate, out of the square thinking! I like!

although, cant wait to see some sort of scoop, and some nice holes to get the pipes from your engine bay to outside :lol:

What core is that matey? im considering something similar after seeing the rs200 at goodwood this year :thumleft:
sierra cosworth 4 wheel drive bigger cooler then the one on the 2 wheel drive DAZ :thumleft: help just taken her out but seems to be massiveley other fuelling its got a mines ecu on her and this is the first time ive run her out as the turbo was blown when i bought any one in the hull area got a rev1 ecu i can just pop on and see if that makes a difference or at least get an error code off :pray: cheers DAZ
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

daz1420 wrote:
rossdymond3352 wrote:Looks great mate, out of the square thinking! I like!

sierra cosworth 4 wheel drive bigger cooler then the one on the 2 wheel drive DAZ :thumleft: help just taken her out but seems to be massiveley other fuelling its got a mines ecu on her and this is the first time ive run her out as the turbo was blown when i bought any one in the hull area got a rev1 ecu i can just pop on and see if that makes a difference or at least get an error code off :pray: cheers DAZ
its up and running found all the miss fire problems and smoking where all down to a broken wire ](*,) :pray: yes it is a bit lage but dont now if thats down to the mines ecu but once u get her past 4000 rpm she flys got to get the boast controller on and turn her down runnig at 16 psi :pale: got the engine cover back on and the side mouldings dont look to bad will try and get another pick on still dont now about the scoupe yet :-k gonna pop in to the local vosa/minastry test station and ask there opnion on if its legal or not #-o shall keep up dating cheers DAZ :thumleft:
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

daz1420 wrote:its not finished yet still thinging about having a scoop made up yes i now its gona cause loads off drag put its not really for top speed runs #-o cheers DAZImage
the finised product still dont now about the scoupe :-k cheers DAZImage
TUBBY-DEUCE

Post by TUBBY-DEUCE »

just an idea but an engine lid like harrys converted somehow with a hump to cover top of the IC, If you get what I mean, would look awesome,! :thumleft:
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

2bornot2b wrote:just an idea but an engine lid like harrys converted somehow with a hump to cover top of the IC, If you get what I mean, would look awesome,! :thumleft:
shall have a think about tht one still looking for something to suit #-o cheers :thumleft: DAZ
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

how the hell do you open and close the engine lid?? :shock:
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

Also, what power are you running?

I'm just wondering if there's a need for all of that in the first place?

Does look nuts though :D
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

Olly P wrote:Also, what power are you running?

I'm just wondering if there's a need for all of that in the first place?

Does look nuts though :D
power unknown at the minute :-k will be on the dyno soon as for it been there just something different well plus its not right next to that nice hot exhauast so thats got to make some sort of difference :pray: as for taking of the lid its got slots ether side so pop catch remove front pins wiggle one way then other and off it pops \:D/ i will be at the jap meet at squires cafe on tuesday the 7th :-k so will be open to opinunse then :pray: cheers DAZ :thumleft:
daz1420

Post by daz1420 »

point taken :lol: DAZ :thumleft:
Ja99a

Cool

Post by Ja99a »

Think its a cool idea.

I would try for some pipe work that is hidden in the sides somehow, didn't do luck do some kit that you might be able to adapt to make work as a scoop and hide the pipe work a little.

Just ideas matey. Keep moddin.

Return to “Modifications”