[Mk2] [NA] mr2 mk2 big end has gone :( new engine purchased ready to put in - advice?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Simeonae_1888

[Mk2] [NA] mr2 mk2 big end has gone :( new engine purchased ready to put in - advice?

Post by Simeonae_1888 »

Hi sadly my engines big end has just gone :( Just found a great deal on ebay so im slightly happier, i got an engine from and engine power seller, its gauranteed to have done less than 20k miles (imported from japan) and also come with 6 months unlimited mileage warranty.... Result!! got it for £375 buy it now £50 delivery, and a family mechanic is going to fit it for £300, do you think thats alot for fitting an engine? also do you think my mr2 should now run sweeter than ever or are there risks involved in running a new engine? any advice would be much appreciated.
dawolf

Re: [Mk2] [NA] mr2 mk2 big end has gone :( new engine purchased ready to put in - advice?

Post by dawolf »

Sorry to hear about your big end. Lol.

That seems a decent price for the engine and fitting. I may be going down the same route if mine goes. I've heard that particular e-bay seller is pretty reliable, don't know of anyone having problems. However, I'm not totally convinced that the engines have done less than 20k miles but still it's good you get a warranty, whatever that's worth.
redmr89

Re: [Mk2] [NA] mr2 mk2 big end has gone :( new engine purchased ready to put in - advice?

Post by redmr89 »

dont know about the price on the engine.. it depends on the condition . but 300 quid to fit is a good price at todays labour rates. some ford garages charge £100 quid an hour labour!!!
ginga

Post by ginga »

What is the sellers ebay name?
Simeonae_1888

Post by Simeonae_1888 »

his name is " motor_supplier " and his ebay shop is called " fasttrack motors " heres the url page to the auction he obviously has a few for sale as the page is still active for a sale.... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Mr2-Celica ... dZViewItem

Return to “Mechanical”