[Mk2] [Turbo] Spraying..

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Draven

[Mk2] [Turbo] Spraying..

Post by Draven »

I was just talking about spraying my front bumper up again as its damaged to some people and just had an arguement with some supid girl who i work with. She says her boyfriend has sprayed whole cars with Aerosols and they come up looking just as good as factory..

:shock: I was like WTF :shock:

Then i went into all the jobby about quality of work would never be as good...

8-[

There is no way to get a professional job without the propper equipment..

GRRRRR people annoy me soooo much. ](*,)
dawolf

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Spraying..

Post by dawolf »

Some people eh. Aerosols always give a nasty dull finish. I'd always go to a reputable professional sprayer to do my work. More expensive but definitely worth it.
screech205

Post by screech205 »

Aerosols are ok on small parts, ie rear air ducts, etc as you can get a pretty good finish if done properly but i'd hate to do a full respray with em, cant get the paint on very evenly and would look a rite mess!
matt5cott

Post by matt5cott »

Draven wrote:I was just talking about spraying my front bumper up again as its damaged

Same situation here, I assume by the date you have had this sprayed by now? :mrgreen:

How much am I looking out for a bumper respray (nothing else) anyone?
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

i've seen some cars that look excellent after aerosol paint jobs. a few months later, and it starts to show the problems. proper car paint is the best solution, and the only one that'll really stand up to the abuse a cars paint gets.

dupli-colour type aerosols are really low solids too, so coverage is lousy.
I guess i'm agreeing and disagreeing with you on this one. it can look good, it rarely does, and if it does, it doesn't for long.

(saying that , i can get a crappy finish with proper paint and proper equipment !)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”