My project G-Limited MR2 MK2 Rev2 import on youtube

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

[email protected]

My project G-Limited MR2 MK2 Rev2 import on youtube

Post by [email protected] »

So I'm a complete novice. I know nothing about cars and I decided to buy an MR2.

I hunted one down for £300 and it runs fine. Two biggest issues are a bit of rust on the sill nearish the seatbelt drivers side so that needs some cleaning up and welding.
But the other issue is the emissions are too high and is an MOT failure also I think it's burning oil.

Anyway, It's safe now in my garage slowly being taken apart and I'm checking all the gaskets and seals. I decided to document everything on you tube so I made a channel it's kind of for myself so I remember how to put it all back together 8)

If I have done something wrong or any advice please say. Check it out

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClglWW ... LkDFdn-Lug
masterbateson

Re: My project G-Limited MR2 MK2 Rev2 import on youtube

Post by masterbateson »

I love how you have put on 2 vids "removing the valve cover thing :lol: " thats just my style in description :thumleft:

I reckon you were/are right on the money tho, looks like your off to a goo start.

Is this the 1st time you have done any spanner jockey'ing to this level?

Can be fun/exciting/interesting whilst also being slightly daunting/worrying when you dont exactly know what your doing, but learning on the job.
I know I have had my moments of Panic! :shock:
[email protected]

masterbateson wrote:I love how you have put on 2 vids "removing the valve cover thing :lol: " thats just my style in description :thumleft:

I reckon you were/are right on the money tho, looks like your off to a goo start.

Is this the 1st time you have done any spanner jockey'ing to this level?

Can be fun/exciting/interesting whilst also being slightly daunting/worrying when you dont exactly know what your doing, but learning on the job.
I know I have had my moments of Panic! :shock:

Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm a mechanic virgin. Know nothing to be honest, I've been buying lots of new tools. I'm really interested in seeing how engines work.

I am a bathroom fitter by trade so i've got some tools already

I really am enjoying it when I get the time to work on it. What I find really frustrating and difficult to do is un-doing these seized bolts and nuts.
I also have no idea what I should be replacing the missing or broken bolts with. Like a certain type of bolt that withstands heat? not sure.

The cam belt is the thing concerning me most. I'm slowly working my way through the engine. But I literally spent 1hr 30mins on the exhaust manifold brackets. They are 14mm but a 13mm fits better rounded off rusty bolts are a complete headache.

After last night I was completely daunted so you picked the right word. But I will persevere .
masterbateson

Post by masterbateson »

I know i almost always forget to do it, but if your a bit more organised than me.
Give any bolts/nuts etc a good soaking a good few days before your going to tackle a job, also and i know it sounds mad but try tightening a nut/bolt a fraction before trying to loosen off.
Keep at it. :thumleft:
Ginjaninja92

Post by Ginjaninja92 »

Hey man! Cool videos, I really enjoyed watching them. Definitely keep sticking them up if you can, its awesome to watch someone with no experience just going for it. Looks like you're doing a cracking job of it as well!

If you've got any questions or get stuck just post up here and someone will chime in, loads of good knowledgeable folks around.
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

Hey kantsas, cool videos! I have also recently started my own channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_zmu ... nwpeo0L0Dw

I have to say this is a very good forum for gaining knowledge, I learnt most of what I know from here! Pretty much everyone is incredibly helpful when you get stuck etc!

Good luck, will be cool to see how you progress!
[email protected]

I now have 8 parts to my youtube channel. Finally have got to the cam belt. Taken the Alternator off completely. Now I just gott aget that air intake manifold off.

fred130111 wrote:Hey kantsas, cool videos! I have also recently started my own channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo_zmu ... nwpeo0L0Dw

I have to say this is a very good forum for gaining knowledge, I learnt most of what I know from here! Pretty much everyone is incredibly helpful when you get stuck etc!

Good luck, will be cool to see how you progress!

Nice one. I will check you channel out!
[email protected]

Finally got the head off!!!!

Can anyone with experience watch the end of my video to give me a verdict of what they think of the pistons.

https://youtu.be/qACVUdmXKuE
twig

Post by twig »

Nice videos. I don't have any experience of pistons, but seeing all this coming apart step by step is great. Keep up the good work.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”