Japspeed exhaust + Decat + Turbo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

parker455

Re: Japspeed exhaust + Decat + Turbo

Post by parker455 »

Feels better without the cat, especially opening up to bigger downpipe (turbo).

I had a decat onto a standard backbox, and it sounded pretty raspy.

Here's my nur spec, no bung, decatted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaaQ5or ... e=youtu.be

In terms of extra bhp, I found the stock backbox hugely restricting and it killed the cars enjoyment for me if I'm honest..
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Decat + hks = win and enjoyment .. i had a mongoose not loud when on the move but on tick over holly crap bass-line .. so loud .. not a neighbour pleaser .. dont think japspeed are any better from many posts from members on this site with neighbors wanting to linch them lol :lol:
craig

Post by craig »

I have a single exit HKS Super drager with Berk de-cat. Sociable at normal driving around, but sounds awesome under boost :twisted:
Last edited by craig on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chambers360

Post by chambers360 »

Had a japspeed witj decat for and it was loud, loud enough to set the neighbours car alarms off late at night
2mad

Post by 2mad »

RedMR² wrote:
2mad wrote:Decat + hks = win and enjoyment .. i had a mongoose not loud when on the move but on tick over holly crap bass-line .. so loud .. not a neighbour pleaser .. dont think japspeed are any better from many posts from members on this site with neighbors wanting to linch them lol :lol:

I have a single exit HKS Super drager with Berk de-cat. Sociable at normal driving around, but sounds awesome under boost :twisted:

Yeah superdrager has a huge can with lots of baffle .. i still think hks, not too pricey :-$ reds superdrager is custom iirr .. very nice if you can find one :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

2mad wrote:reds superdrager is custom iirr .. very nice if you can find one :thumleft:

Correct. Mine is a HKS Superdrager, but not for an MR2 turbo. It has been custom fabricated to fit my car. :-$ :mrgreen:

The HKS Superdrager for an MR2 is twin exit :thumleft:
Last edited by craig on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

I can't say as I replaced as part of other work which would make it hard to discern. I can say the exhaust is noticeably more free flowing , and probably does free a few more ponies.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”