[Mk2] [NA] MR2 na induction pipe?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ages84

[Mk2] [NA] MR2 na induction pipe?

Post by Ages84 »

Hi guys,

So basically bought an mr2 the other week and it looks great,
During the sale it was mention that it had a kn induction kit and when looking at the engine it was clean so diddnt pay attention to the filter lol

Anyways popped my head under the bonnet on the weekend to find it was a shitty £10 market filter and all that was done was the standard induction pipe was unclipped and filter stuffed on.... And there was me thing, car looks nice, the guy must know what he's doing ..... Crazy eh!

So I removed All the old air boxes and its a clean path to the side vent with the shitty filter and its feeling much better already, I'm looking to get a dual cone filter but was wondering if anyone knew where I could get an alloy induction pipe with the right tube connectors without having to pay stupid money.....?

I mean, who wants to pay £160 for some tin tubing?

Do any of you know a company that does a custom pipe? Or has anyone made their own and can point me in the right direction for parts as I ideally just want to get hold of the pipe first ..???

Please let me know as I am interested and ready to flash the cash not just talking ;)

Thanks andy
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [NA] MR2 na induction pipe?

Post by shinny »

I constructed a pipe for my old NA's Apexi filter:

Sounded like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIgDb09JMmA
wilki

Post by wilki »

Just stumbled across this. Always wondered what brand of induction pipe I had. Turns out it's Shinny industries :lol: :thumleft:

'Tis a nice job sir and does sound properly nice, always get comments of how well it sounds. So I've never bothered putting a different exhaust on, don't want to ruin it :lol:
shinny

Post by shinny »

wilki wrote:Turns out it's Shinny industries :lol: :thumleft:

Ah yes, that well known JDM tuning shop! :lol:
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

Shinny, question.... Where is the hose for your IACV? I am sure I read before you put a Mini filter on it?

Is there likely to be any difference good or bad? Tempted to do it myself as its a pain trying to run a hose from it to an aftermarket hose / filter.
shinny

Post by shinny »

fred130111 wrote:Shinny, question.... Where is the hose for your IACV? I am sure I read before you put a Mini filter on it?

Is there likely to be any difference good or bad? Tempted to do it myself as its a pain trying to run a hose from it to an aftermarket hose / filter.

On the 3s-ge the PCV and IACV lines run into what is effectively a T-piece (but is actually F-shaped) before going into the induction pipework. i put a micro filter on it, as you can see under the strut brace, to the right of the fuse box. The only downside is a noticeable sucking sound at idle.
fred130111

Post by fred130111 »

May give this a go, I currently have one micro filter on the top right PCV valve and then another on the one by the throttle body. Probably sort out a catch can at some point.

I will see if it makes any difference with one on the IACV as well lol :thumleft:
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

I found the Apexi brackets can be used to move it out further (had to lengthen temp sensor wire)

Inspection panel is removed in these pictures

Then a cheap pipe off ebay which I drilled and grommeted for the IACV pipe

Couple of silicone joiners

RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
LukeSi

Post by LukeSi »

I've got the one I bought off you in 2013 sat in my grandad's shed currently haha. Really need to put it up for sale.

Return to “Modifications”