[Mk2] [Turbo] cv boots

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Dannyc

[Mk2] [Turbo] cv boots

Post by Dannyc »

Can anyone point me in the direction of replacement cv boots for a rev 1 turbo? mr2-ben amongst others list the inners but not the outers? I know the genuine part is superior in this case but im not paying £100 per side for bits of rubber! any help would be appriciated
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] cv boots

Post by Peter Gidden »

Most car spares shops sell universal boots. Don't be disappointed if a) it will universally fit all cars except the one you want to fit it to and/or b) only lasts 6 months.

Reason OEM outer boot is not listed on it's own is because the inner boot has to be removed to change the outer boot. Therefore seems daft not to change inner boot at same time.
Dannyc

Post by Dannyc »

Thanks peter I understand your points but I find it odd that no one lists the outer either with or without the inner Adl blueprint show an inner which is tailored and not universal but no outer.
gnzyza

Post by gnzyza »

Can't help and that's alot of money. I do find though aftermarket unless reputable rubber boots be it cv, clutch slave or even hand brake boots perish fairly quickly.
mrturbotom

Post by mrturbotom »

Tcbparts.co.uk
Dannyc

Post by Dannyc »

thanks for the help tcb parts are supplying all four next day for about £65 all in. :thumleft:
shinny

Post by shinny »

CV boots are a PITA DIY job and I know from experience that the universal / aftermarket parts don't last long at all. They may be expensive, but buy anything other than Toyota!

Return to “Mechanical”