Project REV5 Turbo ............ Lots of big changes

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: Project REV5 Turbo ............ Lots of big changes

Post by ashley »

Keep seeing all your pictures popping up on Facebook- that's some nice fabrication there pal- impressed! :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I'm in, 45mm for me, possibly with the two 45mm in the ashtray as discussed! Just take my fecking money :shock:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

hahahaha

ive got 2 to do at the min both 52mm triples ive charged £100 plus the panel to build them on to which i think is fair as im building them from scratch

ive been looking for 45mm pods mate but cant find any lol
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

alan_uk wrote:hahahaha

ive got 2 to do at the min both 52mm triples ive charged £100 plus the panel to build them on to which i think is fair as im building them from scratch

ive been looking for 45mm pods mate but cant find any lol

Try r-spec.co.uk i know they do 45mm guages not too sure about pods though, i may just have to settle for 52mm, also, if you need my trim that's no issue either :thumleft:
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

alan_uk wrote:hahahaha

Alan

Any further mention of manufacture will require Affiliate status.

Thanks.
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

im not talking about manufacture ive made them for facebook friends and have not offered a single 1 for sale here or taken any money

i dont even have any parts to make 1 and as i said if i do decide to sell them i will upgrade once i have some made ready for sale :)

i know the rules ive been here long enough :thumleft:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Wouldn't worry, you'd only get blocked from becoming affiliate even if you wanted to (if your competition to an existing trader) funny that
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

RikH77 wrote:Wouldn't worry, you'd only get blocked from becoming affiliate even if you wanted to (if your competition to an existing trader) funny that

haha yea it is funny :D i guess my posts have been getting trawled for sale related posts so it could be pointed out especially

sometimes i think how xxxxxx pathetic this forum is :D i could understand if i was posting advertising but im not i didnt even offer them for sale, i only have my own for gods sake

but hey ho life goes on and i certianly wont loose no sleep over the imoc police haha :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love watching all the capers on here unfold, even more so when it's my own posts/ people getting their frillies in a massive twist about them etc but this one will do for now :D
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

sheppy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

I love watching all the capers on here unfold, even more so when it's my own posts/ people getting their frillies in a massive twist about them etc but this one will do for now :D

hahahahahaha makes a change from it being you :P
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

alan_uk wrote:

I'll have to get on the case winding folk up again, might put up a post about chinese turbos :lol:

I'll get you on bookface for gauge holders :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

sheppy wrote:
alan_uk wrote:

I'll have to get on the case winding folk up again, might put up a post about chinese turbos :lol:

I'll get you on bookface for gauge holders :thumleft:

no probs mate
:thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

let there be light

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

RikH77 wrote:Wouldn't worry, you'd only get blocked from becoming affiliate even if you wanted to (if your competition to an existing trader) funny that

Naturally you have examples of that happening. Or shall we just mark the comment down as BS. :roll:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:

Naturally you have examples of that happening. Or shall we just mark the comment down as BS. :roll:

As it happens I do....but rather than rocking the Apple Cart and getting drawn in I'm going to keep it to myself and not besmudge anyone's reputations involved as it's not in spirit of the forum

However it's poor it happened and that the same spirit doesn't apply to all members.

How is the committee nominated? Genuinely interested to know :-k
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I've been on here 10 years and have never seen anything regarding commitee or anything like that, only a few times I've seen the posts for new moderators. An issue that needs addressing as the current moderation on here is total balls....
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

back on track with my thread anyway lol

been a while since i updated and gathered a few more goodies since all ready for the respray which is so close now, i cant wait

anyhow here is some of the things ive been buying

Tom's skirts and winglets

2m x 1.6m of bride seat material which ive ordered another of as im going to do the center of my leathers and my door cards with

had my undertray powder coated the anthracite i done my strut braces

didnt like how it came out so done it sating black

also had the engine lid catch done too

i bought 2 sets of reg plates as i dont know which i want so thought i would get both and see when done lol

also took redmr2 (craig's) advice on board regarding crystal lights and sold mine and bought a brand new pair of rev5 frosted clear fronts and side repeaters from mr2-ben

and having my full t-bar seals replaced with new i thought i would order the eccentric guides from ben too

then having all new clear lights i ordered a set of these from our very own wolfie which are awesome quality

i also bought my ganador mirrors back from julian lol as i really liked them and kinda regretted selling them

also having had rev5's all the time i was sick of rev 5 dials so sold the faces and ordered some white lockwood faces and dial rings, not everyone's cup of tea but i love them :)

also bought these vortex under canards but decided to go a different direction so sold them

and bought this aeroware splitter from a breaker from ebay

and found these unknown rear spats i had never seen on ebay so ordered these too which should be here tomorrow :)

so yea many things lol
ive also bought a jdm passenger trim with flare and bracket :D just because lol

craig

Post by craig »

Good stuff Alan. Rev5 genuine front lenses are so much better quality being oem than the crappy crystal jobs off ebay.

Again, nice work with the T bar seals. Miles better than bodging with sealant, chewing gum and gaffa tape. Chances are though, that you wont require the eccentric guides. I'd try the stock guides first. I don't have eccentric guides with my new T bar seals.

Reason being, that new seals are a LOT more supple/puffed up, and you'll probably find, that with the eccentric guides, you'll struggle to fit the glass.

My T bar glass takes a bit of effort to lock into the roof, and that's with stock rod guides.

Just my 2p. Car's coming on well. :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

ah that might explain why my glass sits high, in my head fitting these would squash it back down lol

cheers though will bear that in mind

and agree the lights do look better :thumleft:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

well my rear spats turned up today and turned out to be abflug rather than the 1's pictured in the ebay listing so i have arranged to return them and have bought a pair of pheonic power rears tonight from mr2-ben

did find a 3 piece bomex rear for sale for £45 posted which i was very tempted by but went for the pp in the end

also struck a deal wth JAAASH for craigs old carbon border bonnet which i will be color coding red to the car :)

so thats it im all sorted side ducts have gone to pistol pete

so its
aeroware front
toms sides with winglets
pp rear spats
border bonnet
rev5 spoiler
smooth rev3 rear center panel

all 3e5 super red
with gloss black roof and black ganador mirrors :)

bit ix n match but i think it will pull it off :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”