[Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Ab Flug kit, Finished pic on page 18.

Post by craig »

Looking good buddy, I have a Nur Spec-R for sale. :whistle:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

simba90 wrote:I thought the front wings would need cutting too. Won't they rub?

Yeah they do, they will be cut :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

RedMR² wrote:Looking good buddy, I have a Nur Spec-R for sale. :whistle:

Haha, i know you do!!
JD

Post by JD »

BGW as well? Can't wait for this to pop up on barryboys.co.uk with many disparaging remarks! At least then it'll have been out and about ;)

I do quite like BGWs on SW20s but they go much better with a fastback engine cover mod IMO :thumleft:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

sheppy wrote:
simba90 wrote:I thought the front wings would need cutting too. Won't they rub?

Yeah they do, they will be cut :thumleft:

Ok, cool. Thought that was a final shot before paint prep started, sorry.

Looking forward to seeing it finished. You leaving the bgw completely black?

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Na having the wing painted the same colour as the car, thought about carbon wrap but i'm not keen on it.

Yeah i recon it'll show up on barryboys as well :( i agree about the engine cover, i did think about getting one :-k

to be fair one of shahids "abflugs" popped up on there and nobody really gave it too much grief :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

nothing new to report really, car is going in for painting tomorrow, my insurance runs out on the 17th, wish i'd cancelled it when it went into the bodyshop, 4 months of it wasted ](*,) ](*,)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:nothing new to report really, car is going in for painting tomorrow, my insurance runs out on the 17th, wish i'd cancelled it when it went into the bodyshop, 4 months of it wasted ](*,) ](*,)

At least you had piece of mind knowing the hole time it was in the shop it was insured (I would never count on a shops insurance) plus you didnt know it would be 4 months.

Anyhoo its in paint now, that's gotta be worth a whooooo :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Yeah that is true, would be just my luck that soemthing happened, gutted my renewal price is £170 :( actually, i must contact them about the kit and possibly get agreed value on it!!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

sheppy wrote:Yeah that is true, would be just my luck that soemthing happened, gutted my renewal price is £170 :( actually, i must contact them about the kit and possibly get agreed value on it!!

Theres a couple of routes you can go, 1, you just say its got a body kit with extended arches fitted , that would be quite cheap to insure but you probably would not recoup your costs if something went wrong ( because your insuring the car and not the mods)
2, You insure it a modified kit car taking pictures of the car for the insurer explaining how much it cost to do and agree on a price for insurance, that could be very pricey, that's the gamble :-k

I told my insurer it had a body kit fitted but didn't insure the body kit to save on my premium.

I probably explained this really badly :eye: but I had a go lol :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Ach, the kit wasnt that expensive anyway :) i'll give them a buzz.
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

Any updates?

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

simba90 wrote:Any updates?

apparently it'll be finished this middle of this week coming, didn't want to update as I keep getting let down :(

hopefully ready for xmas :D
CarBen Fibre Creations

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

sheppy wrote:
from ebay mate, to be honest i would scour the earth for a better set as the ones I have are f*cking awful....the carben fibre creations ones don't look much better (sorry Ben). they look like they'll fit ok, but the roundness is questionable on the set I have

Cheeky bu88er :shock: :lol:

Ours are moulded from the original ABFlug flares so they are the same fit as you would have bought when they were available back in the day. The only problem with selling the flares alone is they look a bit naff IMO without the rest of the kit so we decided to extend them around the wheel.

The idea was they would be universal, they'd fit a car without any kit on it but could also be cut to fit around any kit you have thus making them available for you all. Since we started manufacturing them we have sold loads around the world and havent had any negative feedback regarding fitment :thumleft:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

holly cow, how long has this place been trying to install these.
i would have taken the car back after 2-3weeks and told them where to go.
:shock:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Sorry Ben, just going by a few pics i seen online, yours do looks better than the ones i bought, also, there's no such thing as ab flug arches. These are actually modified skyline arches. Ab flug only do skirts, spats, front lip and spoiler. Some genuis thought it would be a good idea to chuck the arches on with the kit and it just seemed to stick :)

I know Jim i am beyond fed up waiting now. The car's been ready for painting for ages. The paint apparently got dropped off yesterday ](*,)
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I have always referred to them as jun arches :cyclops: my brother in law has them on his s13. Whatever there called they look great :thumleft:
Last edited by 2mad on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CarBen Fibre Creations

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

sheppy wrote:Sorry Ben, just going by a few pics i seen online, yours do looks better than the ones i bought, also, there's no such thing as ab flug arches. These are actually modified skyline arches. Ab flug only do skirts, spats, front lip and spoiler. Some genuis thought it would be a good idea to chuck the arches on with the kit and it just seemed to stick :)

I know Jim i am beyond fed up waiting now. The car's been ready for painting for ages. The paint apparently got dropped off yesterday ](*,)

No worries mate you should have got in touch I would have supplied you with a set and if you werent happy refunded you, im that confident you wouldnt have sent them back :)

I heard about the skyline flares when I was looking to replicate these, I know a few people that fitted them and had a ball ache with it hence why I wanted something for you guys to buy where you need little or no modification.

Im looking forward to seeing the finished job, I love this kit its one of my favorites. I always wanted one on mine along with our F40 lid and a BGW :)
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

I will be in touch to get an engine cover :)
slipping clutch

Post by slipping clutch »

Darn it Sheppy, everytime I see an update on your thread I keep looking thinking I will see your car pictured from all angles with its new coat of paint and some fat arches. I hope you get this sorted soon.

Return to “Modifications”