What is my car worth ???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

F9_adm

What is my car worth ???

Post by F9_adm »

My car is on ebay and I'd like an enthusiast to buy it, but as I'm not a premium member I can't advertise on here, if anybody could advertise my ebay link for me I'd be really grateful

Many thanks ads
Last edited by F9_adm on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
F9_adm

Re: What is my car worth ???

Post by F9_adm »

Or at least if people could view the link and tell me what the car might be worth
Mullen

Post by Mullen »

Errrr... You are a premium member & there's no link.

Is this a test? :-k
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

Just signed up as no one volunteered
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

So what you were saying was "I'd like a free advert!" ?
Draven

Post by Draven »

No one was going to volunteer because it would be breaking forum rules..

[-X
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I dont see the problem, pay for membership, sell your car on the forum to an enthusiast, save a fortune compered to selling on ebay :D

Edit.. Just read all posts and this ..

Mullen wrote:Errrr... You are a premium member & there's no link.

Is this a test? :-k

Your a Premium member, you can post up for sales :whistle:
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

I meant no harm, it was just a question

My ebY item number is 321476528957

I posted on here as I genuinely feel it's an incredible car and wanted someone who'd appreciate it to have it, rather than someone rag and ruin it

If anybody could advise what it might be worth I'd be grateful

Thanks ads
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

shinny

Post by shinny »

F9_adm wrote:I posted on here as I genuinely feel it's an incredible car and wanted someone who'd appreciate it to have it, rather than someone rag and ruin it

You posted it on ebay last Tuesday but only thought to post on here last night :(

If anyone on here is going to buy it they need to move very fast before your auction runs out in 21 hours time...
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

shinny wrote:
F9_adm wrote:I posted on here as I genuinely feel it's an incredible car and wanted someone who'd appreciate it to have it, rather than someone rag and ruin it

You posted it on ebay last Tuesday but only thought to post on here last night :(

If anyone on here is going to buy it they need to move very fast before your auction runs out in 21 hours time...

he only bought his premium membership last night Mark :thumleft:

looks like a nice motor but i'd consider relisting it with a bit more time.
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

sheppy wrote:
shinny wrote:

I think I just may, any ideas on value???
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

F9_adm wrote:
sheppy wrote:
shinny wrote:

if the miles are genuine then anywhere between £1000 - £2000? so difficult with Mr2s just now mate or any car really. I couldn't get £2300 for my tubby with genuine low mileage.
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

sheppy wrote:
F9_adm wrote:
sheppy wrote:

if the miles are genuine then anywhere between £1000 - £2000? so difficult with Mr2s just now mate or any car really. I couldn't get £2300 for my tubby with genuine low mileage.

That's good to know, I've had endless offerings of 650 I was starting to think wanting 1700 ish was crazy
shinny

Post by shinny »

A good car needs a good advert... it really helps. An ebay listing where half the photos are rotated incorrectly does not inspire confidence that the car is really worth the value you want for it. People viewing the advert will be thinking "If he can't be bothered to rotate a couple of photos, has he bothered to maintain the car?".

Advertise it well, use good photos, start on an owner's club and then take it to pistonheads if need be. Only if it doesn't sell should you resort to places like autotrader, gumtree or ebay IMHO; that's where I go to look for cars being sold by people who don't know what they've got. Cars on ebay and autotrader are generally advertised for less than those on forums and pistonheads, which thus makes it difficult to sell a nice example for a good price. And there are plenty of ebay jokers who will bid on cars and then not stump up the cash or try to haggle you down. If I want a nice, sorted car, I start on forums and pistonheads... so if your MR2 is nice, start there :thumleft:
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

shinny wrote:A good car needs a good advert... it really helps. An ebay listing where half the photos are rotated incorrectly does not inspire confidence that the car is really worth the value you want for it. People viewing the advert will be thinking "If he can't be bothered to rotate a couple of photos, has he bothered to maintain the car?".

Advertise it well, use good photos, start on an owner's club and then take it to pistonheads if need be. Only if it doesn't sell should you resort to places like autotrader, gumtree or ebay IMHO; that's where I go to look for cars being sold by people who don't know what they've got. Cars on ebay and autotrader are generally advertised for less than those on forums and pistonheads, which thus makes it difficult to sell a nice example for a good price. And there are plenty of ebay jokers who will bid on cars and then not stump up the cash or try to haggle you down. If I want a nice, sorted car, I start on forums and pistonheads... so if your MR2 is nice, start there :thumleft:

I appreciate your comments and completely agree with them all, if I'm completely honest the fact the photos are rubbish isn't down to laziness but a complete in ability to use a computer,

The car really is a good example and no expense has been spared,

I shall see if I can employ a mates help to get a proper advert sorted out and and some better pics
shinny

Post by shinny »

Yup, I totally see where you're coming from. However these are special cars (you're not selling a ford focus here) so your advert needs to be special too... you're selling the "dream" of a fun Japanese sports car as much as the car itself. So you want the advert to have already sold that dream and also made it clear the car has been well looked after. So when someone comes to view the car they've already decided it's a car they want to own and have confidence it will be good - they're just coming to double-check you're not lying before parting with their cash. Also, bear in mind people may well be travelling to view the car, so the advert needs to convince them the journey is worth it.

It's also handy to list things that might disappoint a buyer (significant dings, for example), not only to show you're being honest, but to set expectations. If someone thinks they're coming to see a minter and then finds issues, the viewing becomes a negative experience and they're more likely to walk away. If you've successfully sold the "dream" with some great photos and let them know of a couple of minor imperfections, the potential buyer will have a much more positive experience when finding that ding you mentioned actually is barely noticeable and is, hopefully, more likely to put down money for it.

Or at least that's how I think about car adverts...
F9_adm

Post by F9_adm »

This may sound crazy/ stupid/daft but I do love this car and had soooooo many plans for it, and listening to you guys has reminded me of how good these cars are,

I may see if I can persuade my mrs to left me keep it lol anybody got any toms parts :whistle:
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Toms wheels, ill most likely be selling them at some point next year though as there are no tyres wide enough for what i want and may need :lol:
JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Post by JAAASH »

I could be persuaded into parting with my upper and lower spoilers, for the right price...

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”