Finally got myself a 2 in the UK!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

aussieGT

Finally got myself a 2 in the UK!

Post by aussieGT »

So, after watching cars come and go from afar - that and missing out on a few nice examples, I picked up this 2000 model SW from Devon the other day.

Its totally (except for the windscreen wipers) totally unmodified. 45k on the clock with full service history.

I had big plans of a woodsport 2GR and maybe a six speed box conversion - but driving this car back it made me think twice about wanting to meddle with such a stock example.

Just a little wear on the interior, couple of minor paint flaws but apart from that i'm doing back flips I finally found such a nice one.

I'm going to try and make it to some meets and runs, still have no idea of geography 'round here. Everything looks so close on the map when you compare it to Australia but when you actually get on the road here the miles don't seem to pass as fast. No dead/about to be dead kangaroos or wombats on the roads is a nice touch though. Why are pheasants suicidal?
Draven

Re: Finally got myself a 2 in the UK!

Post by Draven »

glad to hear you've found a goodun.

pheasants are just stupid..

taste quite nice though.
craig

Post by craig »

Smart. :thumleft:
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

aussieGT wrote:So, after watching cars come and go from afar - that and missing out on a few nice examples, I picked up this 2000 model SW from Devon the other day.
Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a632/caca/2014-04-28_17-40-09_52_zpsed1880a1.jpg[/URL]
Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a632/caca/2014-04-28_17-40-23_963_zpsa592aa9f.jpg[/URL]

Its totally (except for the windscreen wipers) totally unmodified. 45k on the clock with full service history.

I had big plans of a woodsport 2GR and maybe a six speed box conversion - but driving this car back it made me think twice about wanting to meddle with such a stock example.

Just a little wear on the interior, couple of minor paint flaws but apart from that i'm doing back flips I finally found such a nice one.

I'm going to try and make it to some meets and runs, still have no idea of geography 'round here. Everything looks so close on the map when you compare it to Australia but when you actually get on the road here the miles don't seem to pass as fast. No dead/about to be dead kangaroos or wombats on the roads is a nice touch though. Why are pheasants suicidal?

Looks good. Where in Stoke are you? If you're ever up by Alsager give me a shout. :thumleft:
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Very nice, congratulations :)
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

It's put me in a bit of a quandary, the whole idea was to find a 2000 model and make it 2gr grunty. Took the father in law for a spin this arvo then we both had a close look at at the car. It has one scuff on the front bumper and one one the rear, you have to look close to see them, one tiny bit of gutter rash on a wheel. There's a tiny amount of rust but that will be first thing to be shown the door. I can't muck around with it!, will have to find another late model SW to 'improve' - this one will probably spend most days garaged.

I was pretty keen on grabbing that hardtop shell that red has at pete gibbons workshop but frowny wife said two new cars in one week would not do.

Will pm samgpr - have to get rear tyres to match before I have a serious cruise in the car.

Return to “Member Profiles”