Japfest club stand 2014

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Japfest club stand 2014

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looking forward to the convoy we just need to sort a time for meeting at chievley

Yes, time to start sorting this as we are only two weeks to the big day!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Just been to visit the post office. All tickets have been sent. Collection man picks up within the next half hour so they are all off today! If anyone is missing a ticket by Wednesday evening PM me.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Before I start having a moan at the Japfest organisers I will ask them politely if we are sited near the OC.. Perhaps the layout is slightly different this year? Maybe the `Area` of theirs will back on to ours or something even though it is different gates. Fingers crossed.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looking forward to the convoy we just need to sort a time for meeting at chievley

Well the OC convoy is planned for Chievley Services 0630. Do we need a separate thread shall we do one and put our names down? We can then forward our list to the OC organiser out of courtesy just to let them know how many of our vehicles will be joining them.
coanda

Post by coanda »

I agree with lefty, if the set up is like the 2013 map, that's pretty good for the convoy aswell as you'll go in the first gate coming from Chippenham, and, the passing traffic will be higher than last year.
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

Lefty1991 wrote:That position we have been put is actually really good compared to last year. Should get loads of people walking past and hopefully admiring our cars.

I wouldn't be too sure until you know just which part of Area 2 the pitch is in! (see the map I posted earlier). Really hope it isn't the same one as the MR2OC got in 2012. Right down by the hedge at the bottom - as far from the action as it is possible to be and comparative sparse public attention. The one plus point about last year was the close proximity to a standpipe for car cleaning and the toilet block didn't have a permanent queue!

D4N_V_U wrote:That`s last years map mate that will be why. Both clubs went as one last year.

Well actually doesnt look mega far away from each other to have a walk over and check them out, but would have been nice to be closer but nevermind. :roll: Next year we will have to hammer it into their brains! ](*,) ](*,)

Yes, it's last year's map. Couldn't find one for 2014 but that wasn't the point. It was to show the distance between our pitches. Whichever part of Area 2 you're in (see above) it will be a bit of a trek. You'll have to traverse the whole of Area 1 up to Quarry. Then the walk down past Avon Rise to the show stands/paddock area. The MR2OC stand is in the western half of Area 4 past the long narrow section (alongside Avon Rise).
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Yes, it's last year's map. Couldn't find one for 2014 but that wasn't the point. It was to show the distance between our pitches. Whichever part of Area 2 you're in (see above) it will be a bit of a trek. You'll have to traverse the whole of Area 1 up to Quarry. Then the walk down past Avon Rise to the show stands/paddock area. The MR2OC stand is in the western half of Area 4 past the long narrow section (alongside Avon Rise).

Yes mate I understand exactly what you mean. It`s really bad as both the OC and IMOC have liaised with the Japfest organisers via the telephone and both were told to request on the booking forms to be sited close to eachother, which we have both done. So all I can do is apologise but we have done exactly as requested.

I have just sent an email to Japfest Events to inform them of our annoyance and disappointment that it has been messed up. However, at the end of the day we will all have a good day and enjoy the cars and show so please lets not let this hiccup spoil it. Really sorry, if I could go over and do their job properly for them I would, but I have done everything from our side that we possibly could. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Regards the map, before I completely rip them and say they have failed, is there any possibility that they may have re-jigged the `Areas` so therefore the areas might be located in different positions within the section compared to last year? And we may be closer than we think? If that is an impossibility then we take the 2013 map as gospel (and I guess if it has not changed in years it wont likely have changed now!). Just giving them the benefit of the doubt but it is very very unlikely I guess. I have not been to Castle Combe before so you will know better than me.

I await the reply from them from my email.
coanda

Post by coanda »

Was there no 2014 map with the tickets then Dan? Have they put out any info on which gates are which?
Red Devil

Post by Red Devil »

D4N_V_U wrote:Regards the map, before I completely rip them and say they have failed, is there any possibility that they may have re-jigged the `Areas` so therefore the areas might be located in different positions within the section compared to last year? And we may be closer than we think?

The ones for 2011 - http://www.japfest.co.uk/2011/05/09/che ... ub-layout/ - and 2012 - http://www.japfest.co.uk/2012/04/27/2012-club-layout/ - used different area labelling, but to answer coanda's question the entrance gate locations are fixed and their descriptive letters remain the same year on year.

D4N_V_U wrote:If that is an impossibility then we take the 2013 map as gospel (and I guess if it has not chatanged in years it wont likely have changed now!). Just giving them the benefit of the doubt but it is very very unlikely I guess. I have been not been to Castle Combe before so you will know better than me.

I have been every year from 2007. If you go in by different gates (B & C), trust me, no matter how they label it, there is no way the pitches will be next to each other. The nearest would be the top of the narrow strip at Avon Rise - Gate B - and the left hand end of Area 1 - Gate C - (see the 2013 map). Even then they will be separated by a gate and the toilet block/refreshment stands adjacent to Quarry corner. Combe regulars will know that would be a relatively short walk, but they are still well out of sight of each other.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Okey dokey that`s it then mate, totally separate! What are peoples thoughts on the convoy now? Meet with the OC anyway?
Lefty1991

Post by Lefty1991 »

I'm up for the convoy, half 6 is going to be a struggle lol I'm only about an hour away from chievley thankfully
coanda

Post by coanda »

I'm quite local - Calne so if there's a stop at Morrisons I can meet you all there but would be happy to get there super early to help set up instead if thats needed.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

I'm only in Swindon so gotta pickup the bro in law then can meet where ever.
dexter

Post by dexter »

I'm driving from Dartford :-sthis will be difficult judging this haha 3 hour journey
"Got me some of those HSBC coilovers..." / "You mean HSD right..."
markstevieandmads

Dan
I think its still worth having a word with the organisers. U never know?!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

markstevieandmads

Hi mate yes I have fired an email over to them, awaiting reply, I cannot get through to anyone on the phone line at the moment but I will try again on Monday. (After I have been to my ahem `speed awareness course` :lol: )
coanda

Post by coanda »

Hey,

Am getting my wheels refurbed for japfest and due to the layout of my drive, I need to be able to park car out of the way once the near side wheels are off. I can do this using my spare wheel and a.n.other spare...and then the offside wheels can come off and I'll use axle stands to support the offside.

I am wondering if anyone local to chippenham/swindon/bristol would be willing to lend me a spare wheel for a week or so whilst my alloys are in for refurb? I'd need it for Thursday morning at latest and can pop around in the evening after work.

Cheers,

coanda
markstevieandmads

I've got a mk2 spare but guessing that's no good as your profile says mk1?
coanda

Post by coanda »

That needs updating!

I have a mk.1 and a mk.2 now - it's the mk.2 that's getting a wheel refurb so if you don't mind, that'd be great. Thanks!

Return to “Past Events”