[FINALIZED] Rev 3 Turbo - totally refreshed & modified OEM style-##provisionally sold##

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GT-Thunder

Rev 3 Turbo - totally refreshed & modified OEM style-##provisionally sold##

Post by GT-Thunder »

Well, I didn't think I would be writing this but with a young family and a busy job I have very little spare time so have decided to let my show immaculate tubby go.

The car truly is a show example which has undergone a full refresh in recent years costing thousands. She has probably done less than 1k miles since. Always garaged and is a weekend car and not used in winter or the wet [unless it rains while I am out]

She has the power but for me it is all about the show and totally under used by me. I purchased the car from a fellow member and good friend who did the majority of the work which I have just continued on.

1995 June - MR2 GT-S Rev3 (M registration) - on private plate to be taken off once sale agreed
91k on the clock [59.3k was in KM]

Bodywork
•Full stripped back professional re-spray painted in WRX blue (code 02) by local coach works/car restoration
•Window seals pro painted gloss black
•Genuine Rev 5 spoiler
•New OEM wing mirror seals
•New OEM window seals
•Rolled/sealed rear arches
•Chassis etc fully wax oiled
•Raybrig headlights
•Clear indicators
•UK rear bumper with Phoenix power spats blended in
•New OEM wiper arms
•New OEM correct tint windscreen
•New OEM front arch liners

Interior
•Mk3 Seats professionally re-trimmed in rolls royce cream leather and gaiter
•Heated seats
•LSC matching cream leather door cards
•Matching cream seatbelts
•Plush pile OEM fitment carpet
•Black roof linking
•Carbon dipped dash with speed hut dials and saga battery meter mounted in custom centre panel
•Temp gauges mounted in custom dipped ashtray
•Speed hut blue plasma dials with chrome rings
•Omori boost gauge in OEM position
•MK3 MR2 steering wheel
•Pioneer DVD flip screen head unit AVH P5900DVD
•Pioneer blue tooth prep
•Hertz component tweeters and door speakers with sony sub and JBL AMB behind passenger seat
•Brand new MR2 Anniversary door sills including OEM plastic trim [drivers still has plastic on to protect [yes I am that geeky]
•Custom made floor mats for shows
•Blue lead heater and puddle lights
•Stebel nautilis horn

Suspension/Chasis
•Mesiter R Coliver suspension with adjustable top mounts [superb ride and the best I believe you van get]
•New droplinks
•New Toyota cancer bars
•TRD Rear brace custom powder coated in metallic flip
•EMS Power front brace

Engine
•Blitz SBC ID3 Boost controller Spec R
•KO racing chromed pipes
•KO racing 4" intake
•KO Racing Performance Intercoller and spal fan
•Berk Exhaust
•Berk custom one piece cold pipe
•3" aussie down pipe
•AEM Dry 9" filter
•Halfords calcium battery
•Mikalor hose clips
•Car dyno'd in 2011 at 291 BHP , previous dyno print outs show 304lbs/ft torque.

Wheels brakes
•Rota D1 Wheels professionally dipped and re-powder coated in anthracite with new OEM Rota studs inserted
•7.5 Front and 8.5 rear with Toyo tyres all around 5mm
•As new Genuine Toyota discs and red stuff pads
•Powder coated spare wheel with metallic flick
•Stripped and powder coated callipers

Security
•Clifford 650 Mk2 installed by GAP security - Feb 2014

Not fitted to the car I also have OEM side vents painted when the car was but with the bar removed, Bomex inspection panels. Powder coated rain tray black with a metallic flick.

Just had cambelt and auxiliary belts done with the obligatory oil change

Tax and tested

I have no doubt I have missed loads and hope the pictures do the car justice, they were taken on a iPhone

Price is £5,750ono as it stands (or see my post 12/04 for option of taking some parts off for a lower price.)

I am happy to talk so any questions please drop me PM and we can even have a talk to keep the thread clean.

Car is located 5minutes from A1 Scotch Corner in North Yorkshire.

Cars like this rarely come up so don't miss out and thanks for looking.

Mark

Last edited by GT-Thunder on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 13 times in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev 3 Turbo - totally refreshed & modified OEM style-##provisionally sold##

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

:shock: Worth every penny that is a stunning MR2.
almostaverage

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev 3 Turbo - totally refreshed & modified OEM style-##provisionally sold##

Post by almostaverage »

not a fan of the leather , on a personal note. but christ on a bike that is one sweet looking 2. hope you get a fair price for it.
synXero

Post by synXero »

Spectacular taste my man. Are these ones my old rotas...?
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Thanks for the comments :thumleft:

synXero wrote:Spectacular taste my man. Are these ones my old rotas...?

They are indeed mate, look a bit different now. Took me 3months to get the studs from Rota. They look even better in the flesh :D
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

I won't lie... This is absolutely gorgeous! And for sale about 6-12 months too early for me. I'm planning on getting a second MR2 for enjoying at the weekend once mine is finished for the summer and this is exactly what I'd be looking for!

Hats off mate... You have got a stunner there!

GLWTS
tubby_tony

Post by tubby_tony »

What happened to passenger door? Gtech did a great job restoring this car and hats off to you for keeping it that way. I thought this car had Apexi PowerFC and Devils Own WI kit? If you look in my garage you will see his inspiration :D. Any how, best of luck with sale mate.
Sweete

Post by Sweete »

[quote="tubby_tony"]What happened to passenger door?

Sure Mark will be on here soon to comment but I can vouch that the Passenger door is mint and unmarked I think it is just the way the light has reflected in the photos.

Also just to add I have known both owners of this car for many years and they are both perfectionists and money has been no object when it comes to this car. Who ever buys this car will be getting one of the best MR2's around in my opinion.

Si :thumleft:
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Thanks for the kind comments guys :thumleft:

Definitely a dodgy reflection in the picture passenger door as it is mint and unmarked.

I hope she goes to an enthusiast, not advertised her elsewhere yet but will probably do in time.

Cheers

Mark :thumleft:
Philippe Gomés-10-

Post by Philippe Gomés-10- »

Class and very nice car 8)
1990 Rev1 T-Bar .Crimson Red
1994 Rev3 GT-Turbo T-Bar .Caribbean Blue
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Hi All - I have added a few more pictures below also to compliment the first post 8)

As before just drop me a PM if you want to talk more to keep the thread clean

Thanks again for looking

alfa_wax

Post by alfa_wax »

Stunning looking car

GLWS :)
jspecwoody

Post by jspecwoody »

wow!! beautiful car, :clap: was always a fan of an Mr2 in blue.
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Hi All,

Thanks for the comments, I might also pop her on piston heads at some point.

Same as above looking for £5,750 ono as she stands.

Cheers

Mark
:thumleft:
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

So I have decided I am going to advertise in a few other places soon,

I want to sell the car complete and the asking price as she stands is £5,750 ono.

I am willing to take the following off and would accept £4,900ono

> TRD rear brace and put std one on
> Remove front EMS brace and put std one on
> Remove carbon dash, aux dials and put standard dash centre console in
> Remove new anniversary sills and put std on
> remove the sub, amp and flip pioneer DVD system

If you have your own wheels I can take the rotas off and do it for the same price but leave some of the above bits on.

Please don't email or ask about parts as I will not take a thing off the car until a buyer is secured and a deal is done as they might want it as it stands.

This is an option to help if a potential buyer who can't get to the full price to make it a little cheaper for them.

Drop me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks

jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

Hi Mark,

I may potentially be interested in this in the near future and just have a few questions if you don't mind?

- It looks like there is some damage to the spoiler on one of the ends - can you clarify?

- The spoiler looks like it has the centre portion blacked out - is that right? If so can it be removed or would it need a respray?

- I'd prefer standard wheels so would it be an option to get some delivered to you and you swap them over? You'd be paid a deposit in advance of course.

- do you have all the bits necessary to swap the cream for the standard interior?

Thanks in advance
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

jamuk2004 wrote:Hi Mark,

I may potentially be interested in this in the near future and just have a few questions if you don't mind?

- It looks like there is some damage to the spoiler on one of the ends - can you clarify?

- The spoiler looks like it has the centre portion blacked out - is that right? If so can it be removed or would it need a respray?

- I'd prefer standard wheels so would it be an option to get some delivered to you and you swap them over? You'd be paid a deposit in advance of course.

- do you have all the bits necessary to swap the cream for the standard interior?

Thanks in advance

Hello

Sure no problem to answer the questions.

1. Spoiler end cap is undamaged, not sure what that black bit is in the picture.
2. Centre blade is the same colour as the car must be the shadow in the pic
3. Having some original wheels delivered to me to swap is fine with a deposit, we can talk more on this
4. I don't have all the original interior bits as it was already trimmed in the cream when I bought it. I do have UK spec black leather door cards, gear knob from a old project which can go with the car.

Hope that helps, drop me a PM if you want to discuss

Cheers

jamuk2004

Post by jamuk2004 »

Thanks Mark, I'll have a think about this one.

Whilst I'm not in a position to buy at this moment I will be in the near future so I'll keep this info in mind!

Thanks again
GT-Thunder

Post by GT-Thunder »

Provisionally sold

Thanks

:thumleft:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”