JINXY IS BACK !!!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tony jinxy froude

JINXY IS BACK !!!

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Hiya guys, as you know I have been absent from the MK1 forums for a while, partly due to the unfortunate news that my Lovely Mica blue MK1 has terminal rot in all the usual places, the car has been stored in Bedford at a mechanic mates barn until he got a chance to take a proper look at the rot, but its worse than first thought, even though from the floor up the car is virtually immaculate, so with this in mind I went hunting for a donor car & have finally found one, a 1990 Mica blue MK1 on a 'G' reg 81k miles fully documented history file been stored for 10 years, but not without its faults although minor ones, not really as problem as literally everything is going to be stripped from it & everything is going to be stripped my my old Mica blue Mk1 & swapped over onto the new shell, so the Jinxy Mobile will live again, its a lot of work I know, but worth it, even though I have the Porsche I could never be without the Mk1, hope to get more involved on the MK1 scene now, so expect more news & pics as soon as my old mK1 is delivered back to me & the work begins, cheers, Jinxy :thumleft:
andyj

Re: JINXY IS BACK !!!

Post by andyj »

Welcome back. Though have seen you and we've kept in touch isn't it about 6 years since you were active on here
:D ?

Shocked to hear you're existing car has had it but gives you chance to make another one! Keep us all posted with parts you didn't need when moving things over :lol:

Looking forward to seeing you and the new car....
Tony jinxy froude

LOL ! cheers Andy, yes its been a while, cant believe its been 6 year though !!.... has it ???. Yes im really looking forward to starting work on the car, fortunate thing is that I know what im letting myself in for !!, there will be plenty of parts left over for sale when im done along with the ever growing mountain of parts already here !!, I currently have 3 Mica blue MK1's on the drive, ( had 4 yesterday but Tom Maitland collected his car he left here for me to work on ) then in the next few weeks I get my old one back !, Mandy is also looking for a Red MK1B coupe to replace her tired MK1A & that will probably end up here as well !!, hope your well Andy & hope to see you all very soon, Jinx
kevin..in

Post by kevin..in »

is there a comeback single from La Roux too?
ooooooo oooooooo!

Hello
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Go on the Jinx!!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Welcome back mate :thumleft:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Welcome back Tony

Chris, Erika
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Hi Tony!

Glad to see you are back!!

I'll have to come see you in mine soon!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

I recognise that name from somewhere, can't seem to place it. :-k

Weclome back dude. :mrgreen:
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Welcome back The Legend that is Jinx.

Now get cracking we have JAE in Sept :D :thumleft:
Tony jinxy froude

LOL ! cheers guys, yes its been a while I know :roll: cant wait to get cracking on the project if only I can get Nigel's 4 year SC conversion out of the bloody workshop first !!, now he's not sure if he wants to keep it after all that !!?? not sure if I can make JAE in the MK1 but will try to get along & see you all... even if it is in the Porsche., Jinx
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

hi Jinx :thumleft:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:LOL ! cheers guys, yes its been a while I know :roll: cant wait to get cracking on the project if only I can get Nigel's 4 year SC conversion out of the bloody workshop first !!, now he's not sure if he wants to keep it after all that !!?? not sure if I can make JAE in the MK1 but will try to get along & see you all... even if it is in the Porsche., Jinx

You won't get into JAE with the porky :thumleft:

You've got more than six months, I'll be there with a can waiting.
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

You heard the man, chop chop!
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Boddney

Post by Boddney »

Hi Jinxy. Long time no speak. At least your nick name has stood up to the test of time.

Bod
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

a lesser spotted jinxy is almost as rare as short toed crazylegs. you may find them lurking in the under growth.
Some thought both were extinct but there has just been a period of long hibernation.
Strange coincidence they both appeared at around the same time.
long time mate.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Bloody hell! Allo Kev! 8)

How's tricks?
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

not bad , running my own business now so no time at all. Just thinking of getting the SC out of mothballs.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”