Goodwood Green Rev3..UPDATES!!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DanT

Re: Goodwood Green Rev3..UPDATES!!

Post by DanT »

so few more little updates..

got my acis spacer fitted-has certainly made a difference to the torque.

bay still needs tidying up lol..had to lose the cusco brace in order for the spacer to fit:

got my bride fitted:

carbon fibre d1 spec gearknob:

and got my carbon dial surround fitted:

and a random pic when i visited streetoptions today for some quotes:
synXero

Post by synXero »

It's car park snaps that confirm you love your car :D
DanT

Post by DanT »

haha im constantly doing it..i could have an album on my phone just for petrol station snaps
DanT

Post by DanT »

Got some border skirts now and sorted s greddy style front splitter, also should have border spats sorted

Gonna go back to 17s as well I think
DanT

Post by DanT »

As my flexi on the mid pipe was completely shot and blowing pretty bad..I struggled to find a replacement manifold until I found that the rev 4 mani was actually a better manifold so sourced one!

Got it fitted. .not only does the car sound awesome again it pulls through the revs better so pretty happy!
DanT

Post by DanT »

exhaust/induction vid..not great but gives rough idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWPJrQagIwo
pkmr2

Post by pkmr2 »

Sounds good :thumleft:
DanT

Post by DanT »

not really changed a huge amount recently..

no longer have the front canards on,and got my side vents back on again after losing one..

changed my steering wheel AGAIN..much happier with this one so not changing anymore..has carbon horn so ties in nicely with the dials and gearknob

picked up some border rear spats which still not sure ill keep or not which i will explain below..

the border skirts i got dont fit so may need to replace them,but i got this greddy front splitter(just wedged underneath but looked cool lol)

i have fitted a rev 4 manifold now as well which is much bigger bore and better flowing than the original..

and just ordered a set of HSD coilovers..but thinking once shes dropped to a nice height fitting the splitter etc is going to be a bad idea as its gonna make the car too low,
so thinking of keeping as it is bodywork wise and keep her lower...then i can spend more on carbon bits ;)
DanT

Post by DanT »

hsd coilovers now on along with new drop links all round..what a huge difference..the way she drives now is spot on..really enjoying it!

need to get slightly lower profile rear tyres then will drop it down another half inch..

sorry to be a pic whore..lol..

beenij

Post by beenij »

Woww great car!!!

Where do you buy your carbon front splitter^!^!
DanT

Post by DanT »

I got it off someone breaking an mr2 on fb lol..was thinking of selling it
DanT

Post by DanT »

decided to whack the front undertray/splitter on temporarily to see how it looks..

actually really like it..very subtle but adds a nice touch to the front end...it was very hard to capture how well it looks but this gives a rough idea...

DanT

Post by DanT »

well some will be aware,some wont..but i had an accident in this convoying to japfest..wont go into details,but i got off lightly damage wise considering..

heres a pic of the accident after id moved my mr2 to the front..the silver civic swung out on impact and i didnt make it past..

and the damage to the mr2..

so i considered stripping the car for parts..but decided as the damage wasnt too bad,and how much i love the car,i decided to crack on with fixing it..

managed to source some panels the same colour..

began working on it,as u can see in this next pic-the wheel should be straight,but i bend the lower suspension arm..

the bent arm i took off

decided it was also time for new wheels...looked and looked but couldnt find anything i liked..then while chatting to a mate i found he had a set of one of my fav wheels,in the perfect size and fitment..buddy club p1s..there 16in..and my god there awesome!!!

put my new bonnet and bumper into paint..look great now there back

i then began putting it all together..needed some work to get the new fog light in etc..

its still not back together properly,as having issues getting the bumper on flush..but gives you a rough idea on how hes gonna look..have tinted the fogs yellow as well:

after fitting the suspension arm,the wheel was still poking out/excess camber..so today i managed to cable tie the bumper up secure and took her to merityre..they worked there magic and got the tracking spot on..

caster on the passenger wheel is still out but will look into that..maybe some adjustable tension arms.

pic of her finally back out on the road since japfest morning..

sooo happy with how shes turning out..huuuge improvement over how she was before the crash..just cant wait to get all the body panels on properly,sort the exhaust noise..and have her back on the road properly!!

also the eagle eyed will spot ive removed the bride seat and gone back to the retrimmed leather oem one..much better!
dan mkii

Post by dan mkii »

Nice one dan... been following your progress on facebook ... well done for sticking at it.
Loving the yellow fogs I attempted to do mine but just couldnt get it right... may try again tomorrow.

also where did u get that carvon front spliter u had previous ? :thumleft:
DanT

Post by DanT »

the way i did the fogs was using vinyl..

i cut out a piece roughly the size of the fog,then placed it over,then slowly applied it from left to right,keeping it tight and pushing the bubbles out as u go..may have to lift it up again a few times to remove bubbles..

then just trim round with a blade.

splitter came from a company breaking an mr2
dan mkii

Post by dan mkii »

Thats what I done with he lights but I couldnt get the film neat between the glass of the fog and the plastc around the outside of it.

Return to “Member Profiles”