Couple of issues now also a boost issue

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

samgpr50

Couple of issues now also a boost issue

Post by samgpr50 »

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advise on the latest issues with my 2. So since last time it has had new wheel bearing hub and a new set of wheels and drives fantastic now. Can't believe a set of wheels make all that difference. So there is a few things bothering me.

First the heater is stuck on cold if the slider switch is plugged in and hot if I unplug it. Now I know that would say the switch is the issue but the resistance does change as you move it.

The next issue is it seems the have a small stutter mostly between 2-3k and off boost. Seems ok mostly when it is on but might not be. Now I have already changed the plugs and gapped the new ones to .80. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edit:

So tonight it seems to moved and become a boost issue. It is fine up until about 5k now but then has a splutter. I wonder if them plugs I put in have made it worse or could it be a leak? I did remove the ic pipe.
samgpr50

Re: Couple of issues now also a boost issue

Post by samgpr50 »

So it seems I got a bad set of spark plugs. Put the old ones back in and it is hitting boost again. So I presume it will go back to having the low end stutter. At least now I can order another set and try that. Also had a new rotor arm today but made no difference.
stephenj

Post by stephenj »

Are the new plugs gapped correctly? might be worth checking....
samgpr50

Post by samgpr50 »

Yeah as I said i did gap them but not checked since I pulled them out. Still has a very small stutter on boost but nowhere near as bad and I am putting that down to the old plugs I put back in. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”