My Rev 3 Tintop Turbo "Tina"

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

l1ca

Re: My Rev 3 Tintop Turbo "Tina"

Post by l1ca »

Spacers finally on, long job, cutting down bolts and the like but now she sits 40mm wider at the back and 10mm wider on the fronts.

Im not sure the pictures do it justice, but that extra width really has transformed the look of the car.

wilki

Post by wilki »

Nice 2 bud 8)

Not normally a fan of Veilside body kits but the rear Veilside bumper really suits the combo you have :thumleft:

And i've got the same kind of thing going on my 2. I've got 30mm extra width on the back and like you say it never seems to show in the pics but does make a difference :thumleft:
l1ca

Post by l1ca »

Due to the weather around here updates to the car have been a little slow, but ive managed to cram a few in.

Firstly I wasn't too happy with the end caps and main centre section of my spoiler being gloss black, but I also didn't want the whole thing white, i liked the contrast, so after a little pondering I decided to get myself some 3M 1080 carbon wrap and have a go:

Really happy with how this came out, no visible seams, nor any air bubbles, win win. :D

Secondly, after going to the illuminations run, I saw a few cars without the rear grille above the exhaust section and after a few days I decided to remove mine, smooth it all off and paint it with some black anti-rust paint. I love the look of these cars from behind, especially with the exhaust showing off!

Just need to look at ways now to polish up the exhaust, I believe baking soda, with a little bit of vinegar and lemon juice using some 0000 grade wire wool, finishing off with some metal polish like autosol'll bring it up a treat.

However, this'll be the last time I drive her until Feb / March 2014, decided to take her off the road temporarily over Winter and get myself a cheap run around until she is 'finished'. (are these cars ever truly finished :p?!)

Ive got a steadily increasing list of things I want to sort / add, and having it as a daily drive just want going to work out, so for the winter ill be rattling around in this 899cc beast!

Let the real modding start... \:D/
Keljon

Post by Keljon »

Any progress? Really like the look of this, what's the engine spec?

Return to “Member Profiles”