Rev3 tubby project (car mapped ready for summer )

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

emrrtwo

Re: Rev3 tubby project (car mapped ready for summer )

Post by emrrtwo »

Looking good Glen
What a difference! :clap:
glen n

Post by glen n »

emrrtwo wrote:Looking good Glen
What a difference! :clap:

Cheers dude!

How's the car? There's a meet in Glasgow next week if you fancy coming along
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

No idea when im getting mines, ill talk to you about it when i see you an we can arrange it.. Im only doing the inside of the side vents to stop crap getting in there :D
glen n

Post by glen n »

Had the tein springs fitted,sits lower than I had expected!

CRAIGROBBO

Post by CRAIGROBBO »

Looks really smart Glen! :thumleft:

Craig
glen n

Post by glen n »

Went for wheel alignment today but the bar that adjusts on the rear is bent and the fronts are solid so I'll need to do the tie rods etc over winter and get it done for spring. Got most of the interior back together and have it a clean.

glen n

Post by glen n »

I've been sorting out some parts to fit over the winter months. so far I have sorted out

Ats td06 turbo kit
aquamist hfs-3 water injection kit
Sard 850cc injectors
Sard fpr
Walbro fuel pump

I plan to replace the radiator and coolant hoses and some other bits and pieces over winter and hopefully be ready for mapping in spring
synXero

Post by synXero »

My old seats! :D
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

holy sh*t Glen!!! i didn't realise this was the cheap rev 3 with no interior that was for sale on here!!! i actually recommended that car to a friend when it was up for sale, fantastic job you've done matey!!!
Libertine

Post by Libertine »

Looks good man.. but i'd get some new crystal sidelights - the ones on the car are looking dull and for the sake of £15 it really will finish the front end off!
glen n

Post by glen n »

Libertine wrote:Looks good man.. but i'd get some new crystal sidelights - the ones on the car are looking dull and for the sake of £15 it really will finish the front end off!

I've got a set of crystal ones,just wasn't sure about them really. The car isn't long out of the body shop so just left sorting them until later as the car is going off the road until spring. I'll probably get a new set of the ones I currently have.

Yip this is car I was going to sell when I first got it,then decided it was too good to sell,would have been a steal for someone at 1600,it only had 74k on the clock back then. I've made a few changes since then though,even put an interior in it :)
I'm looking forward to the mods going on over winter and remapping,should make it a lot more fun
craig

Post by craig »

Lovely car mate! Regarding the sidelight/indicator units, I'd take Toyota oem over the crystal ones off ebay. Much better quality.

To clean them, leave them in a domestos/water solution over night, use a toothbrush on them and get right into the edges. Dry, T cut and polish. They come up like new! :D
glen n

Post by glen n »

I'll give that a try,saves buying the oem replicas! I'm running out of mr2 money now! I tried to keep the car pretty standard bodywork wise,when I tried the clear indicators they just weren't the look I was going for.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

RedMR² wrote:Lovely car mate! Regarding the sidelight/indicator units, I'd take Toyota oem over the crystal ones off ebay. Much better quality.

To clean them, leave them in a domestos/water solution over night, use a toothbrush on them and get right into the edges. Dry, T cut and polish. They come up like new! :D

+1

When i bought my old girl back from Guernsey, it had (still does ](*,) ](*,) ) those crystal ghey sidelights/indicator units.

It really lets my car down and looks too chavvy

Im putting on set of rev5 indicator lights that will make the car look infinitely much better. The quality side by side is like night and day :thumleft:

Apparently toothpaste will clean up OEM ones! :lol:
glen n

Post by glen n »

Not done much with the car recently,I did empty my bold and bin the soakin carpet. I eventually sourced the leak,after Having my ariel welded over and smoother and reselling the spoiler etc I couldn't understand why I was still getting water inside. I traced it to a hole I the engine bay which was letting water back into the boot so sealed that up and checking every few days to make sure it's dry before installing the Aquamist pump I there. Was also getting worried with apexi ecu being in there too.
glen n

Post by glen n »

Just a small update,I got my hands on the new turbo kit on Sunday evening and the sard fuel pressure regulator,big thanks to George l for bringing it back up the road for me. Shmed had all of my parts ready,fuel pump,injectors,rev 3 leads so they are now with Peter ready for my trip to sbits. I'll be buying jullians ko racing intake pipe and k&n filter which was previously used with the turbo kit I bought from him so there should be no fitting issues.

I'll make a start on fitting the water meth kit after my trip to sbits and have it up and running before mapping

I'm also getting a trd front anti roll bar,some new gauges,clocks with Lockwood dials and hks boost gague,heater controls with led mod and a pair of rear suspension arms from htmlangels car after xmas

Lastly a trd gear knob and new boot carpet to replace the soaking one I
removed.

on a sad note for me someone reversed into me so I need the bumper painted again :(
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

did you contact your insurers Glen?? i felt so bad for you :( might be worth giving morrisons a call to see if they have it on CCTV. that way there's no doubt what happened, as with all claims, she'll deny liability :(
glen n

Post by glen n »

I've not even had a chance to get a price for the repair yet as I'm so busy with work,I'll try and get it sorted tomorrow.

Gave the turbo I clean up at lunch time yesterday,hence the picture inside my van/workshop/mr2 parts store

Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

ah man, this looks awesome!! you'll deffo have to take me for a blast once it's all done!!!
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

glen n wrote:I've not even had a chance to get a price for the repair yet as I'm so busy with work,I'll try and get it sorted tomorrow.

Gave the turbo I clean up at lunch time yesterday,hence the picture inside my van/workshop/mr2 parts store

Image Replaced With URL For Quote [url]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/bopbopdane/B09FF6D0-1224-46E5-B3A1-884192BED055.jpg[/URL]

My old Turbo looks good!

Bet you can't wait to have this planted into yours!

Return to “Member Profiles”