Help and advice needed please !

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tom89uk

Help and advice needed please !

Post by tom89uk »

Hi just bought a celica gt4 got it pretty cheap and may be using the engine etc for a rev 3 conversion for my rev 2 mr2 but I want to use the celica for 6 months, now I believe the alternator is not working and it has 2 snapped springs on the front, so to the questions

Is the gt4 and mr2 the same suspension setup? Ie I'd be able to use the front springs/ struts for the celica off my mr2?

Also is the alternator the same I believe they are just in diff locations but surely still bolt the same way?

Any help much appretiated and also if the case is none of these will work , does anyone know we're I can source the parts I need? I know its an mr2 forum but I am an owner and the plan is a conversion so sorry if I offend anyone :) cheers , tom
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: Help and advice needed please !

Post by toxo »

tom89uk wrote:
Is the gt4 and mr2 the same suspension setup? Ie I'd be able to use the front springs/ struts for the celica off my mr2?

No.

tom89uk wrote:Also is the alternator the same I believe they are just in diff locations but surely still bolt the same way?

No.

tom89uk wrote:Any help much appretiated and also if the case is none of these will work , does anyone know we're I can source the parts I need? I know its an mr2 forum but I am an owner and the plan is a conversion so sorry if I offend anyone :) cheers , tom

One of our affiliates TCB Parts do parts for Celicas as well as MR2s.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
tom89uk

Post by tom89uk »

Thank you for the reply mate how can I contact this TCB parts? Cheers.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

tom89uk wrote:Thank you for the reply mate how can I contact this TCB parts? Cheers.

http://www.tcbparts.co.uk/

Telephone: 01579 383879 Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:00 pm

[email protected]

:thumleft:
RST

Post by RST »

What GT4 do you have (gen 5 or 6?)...

..or 185 (pop up lights) or 205 (4 round lights).

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”