how do i delete my charcoal canister

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

racingrepairs

how do i delete my charcoal canister

Post by racingrepairs »

Can I simply remove it and plug the 3 hoses.... Will this bu88er anything up?
RyanRs

Re: how do i delete my charcoal canister

Post by RyanRs »

Assuming Rev3 turbo+

the two vacuums off the top of the plenum, blank them or loop them together. There is a black pipe that runs from the charcoal canister ,around the N/s of the engine bay and it dissipears behind the turbo heat shield into the tank.. this is the tank vent and you need to keep that, but re-position it somewhere safe where no vapours will get in the engine bay. I extended mine and stuck it out a vent in the boot. To check you have the correct hose, blow down it, it should then breathe back at you and blow fumes in your face, make your eyes sting and make you sneeze and cough -thats the correct one :eye:

all the other hoses scrap. there is a hose going to an electronic valve mounted near the igniter packs iirc, unplug this and the vacuum that comes from this to the back of the intake manifold, blank it off.

Rip out the C/canister and throw it in the bin, or at Greenpeace supporters or what not. Job done. :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”