[FINALIZED] Rev2 T-Bar Turbo Forged Engine+Gearbox Rebuild by Rogue NEW PICTURES!

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Turbo Dragon

Rev2 T-Bar Turbo Forged Engine+Gearbox Rebuild by Rogue NEW PICTURES!

Post by Turbo Dragon »

NEW PICTURES AT END OF THREAD.... :thumleft:

1992 Rev 2 GT Tbar in Black circa 70k miles in total but with a rebuild a few years ago

In the past 6 years I have been covering less than 2k miles a year and after all the heartache and money I have poured into her I have had a good few summers but Its time to move onto something else.... I think :?

The work Rogue have done runs into the 1000's in the last few years.

In reverse order 10/2011 was a gearbox removal and rebuild

New 1st and 2nd gear
New syncro on 1st and 2nd
New Exedy Clutch
Replaced the speedo drive unit

From 09/2009 - 12/2009 She had a little holiday at Rogue for a forged build:

86.5mm Fordge Wiseco Pistons
3SGTE Race Main Bearings
3SGTE Race Big End Bearings
3SGTE Thrust Bearings
3SGTE Eagle forged Conrods
ARP Main Studs
Toyota Oil Pump
Toyota Oil warmer
New Gaskets
Replaced Crankshaft
New Cambelt

Grade 7 Plugs
New Distibutor
Rotor Arm
Leads
Steel Head Gasket
Head Studs.

Supplied and fitted a Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust

Turbo is a CT 26 Hybrid recently rebuilt by Turbo Technics boosts to 1.2Bar very early and smoothly.

Rogue also fitted for me
Apexi AVCR (Limited edition Black with White Display) in ashtray
Defi gauges and controller: Oil Temp/Oil Pressure/Water Temp/Boost Pressure. These are fitted 3 in a central pod on the dash and a single A-Pillar (mr2eddy) holder.

REV 6 Engine Bay Fan kit
Greddy Intercooler Fan Kit.

In my first few years of ownership I had the following fitted:

Sard Injectors 850cc
Sard Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro Fuel Pump

GReddy Intercooler
Exhaust Decatted
Simota Air intake
Apexi Power FC
Blitz Turbo Timer

Black Diamond Refurbished Calipers
Black Diamond Calipers and Pads
Braided Brake Lines

All this has been Dyno'ed by Thor and produced 287.8 at the wheels.
With a bigger Turbo this engine could have more BHP but at present it is very drivable and easy to handle.

Bodywork:

Carbon Fibre AbFlug front splitter
Carbon Fibre - C One side intakes and corner covers
Carbon fibre Rear Wing
Rev 6 Rear Lights
Dragon graphics full length (they are removable if you have the patience)
Tinted windows all-round and tinted T-Bar panels.
Bee sting aerial on engine bay

Audio/Interior:
Pioneer Bluetooth Headunit DEH-P970BT
6 Disc boot changer
Pioneer door Components
10" Alpine 1000w Subwoofer in Neil Turbo box behind passenger seat.
400w XS amp and 1000w Kenwood amp under frunk.

Speedhut 180MPH white dials El-Glow with green/blue illumination.
Razo Gearnob
Fly-OFf handbrak (imported with that)
Toyota T-Bar Eccentric rod guide was fitted years ago, and does not leak.
Delimted

Wheels/Suspension:

These are my absolute pride and joy :D

17" Blitz Type 03 wheels in high diamond polish with gold studs and detailing. They are wrapped in Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tyres which were fitted in 07/2010 and have probably done less than 4k miles.

It has got pink shocks, been there since I imported and I have no idea what make they are.
:D

Clifford Concept 600 Alarm and immobiliser, it is wired for remote start but this hasn't worked for a few years. When she is covered for winter she is connected on a Optimate battery conditioner and starts first time.

I have probably forgotten a few things but am willing to answer any questions. If anybody has been to JAE in the past few years then you will know its the one with the big wing and daft graphics. :D

Bad bits:
She is on original paint and is starting to look tired.
The carbon front has a few cracks and in and the side vents are looking tired.

The graphics are not to everyone's taste, and whilst they can be removed they have been the same design for 9 years. Although they have been reapplied in the last few years to keep them looking fresh, I cannot be 100% on the condition of paint underneath them.

The standard spoiler has been removed and if it is left in the rain then water can get into the boot through the original holes. I have a standard g-limited (spoilerless) boot lid in red that would solve that problem, just never got round to getting it re-sprayed.

I keep the car covered on the drive through winter and when I'm not home so its fine but the boot has got damp, if I was keeping it I would get a new boot carpet.

Interior is original half leather half suede so the leather is starting to show its age.

The mileage is shown at around 70k however there was aa 12-18month period the speedo wasn't working so this is probably 2-3k short. All the MOTs show the kind of mileage I do. This has been my second car since 2006 and as I am working away more she doesnt move for 4 months of the year and then maybe only 2/3 times a month.

My plan for her was to finish the project by having a re-trim of the interior and fit a border kit and a full respray but I am working away too much and its costing too much to go for a dozen drives a year.

So in rough figures of the most recent work:

12/2009 Rogue full forged rebuild probably less than 5k miles ago £6500
10/2011 Rogue gearbox rebuid £2500
Blitz wheels without tyres are £1200-£1500

Apexi Power FC
Apexi AVCR
Blitz Turbo Timer
Blitz Nurspec
Defi Guages and controller

Several £ks
:wink:

General info for you, I picked and imported the car in 2003 and have all the paperwork from then. There is paperwork for all the tuning I had done before Rogue did the big rebuild a few years ago.

12months MOT and taxed until 2014, she is good to go.

I do not have the time or space to break her and sell the parts separately.

I feel I need to get away from project cars at the moment as the car stays in Warrington but I work in London, but if its not feasible to get a decent amount for it then I will mothball and come back to her again.

I have had a couple of great summers since having the Rogue work done and the engine and gearbox are spot on.

I would be looking at £4500 with the Blitz rims on.

Or I can put her on standard wheels and drop it to £3500

Anybody wants to view the car it is off Jnc 20 M6, and I will have a fresh MOT and tax done IF she sells.

So there we go....

Cheers

Si

8)

BTW will consider swapping/px'ing, I have in mind either

Monaro
Golf R32

other muscle cars

or a monster truck.

:lol:
Last edited by Turbo Dragon on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Turbo Dragon

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev2 T-Bar Turbo Forged Engine+Gearbox Rebuild by Rogue NEW PICTURES!

Post by Turbo Dragon »

NEW PICTURES AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS THREAD......

Please note that my graphics have been redone since these pictures and are darker smoked greay with gold detailing. Looks a lot more subtle than the ones picture.

Also this shows my Momo wheel, this will not be sold and will be fitted with a black leather Sprint wheel.

When I get some clean weather and I'm back Oop North I will get some new detail pictures up. But here is what I have at present.
Last edited by Turbo Dragon on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turbo Dragon

Re: [FINALIZED] Rev2 T-Bar Turbo Forged Engine+Gearbox Rebuild by Rogue NEW PICTURES!

Post by Turbo Dragon »

I have now got the registration docs back for its original J plate.

And it has tax now!

I have had a few people asking for parts but I don't really have the desire to break it without a definate buyer for something substantial like engine/gearbox....

Might give it another couple of months and then investiagte breaking if the weather brightens.

I have also had offers for it without certain body parts/wheels etc. etc.

So still open to suggestions.

:thumleft:
dan4

Post by dan4 »

Id take the spoiler and graphics off it, you'll have much more chance of selling it imho :thumleft:
dylan5084

Post by dylan5084 »

dan4 wrote:Id take the spoiler and graphics off it, you'll have much more chance of selling it imho :thumleft:

+1

how much would you be wanting for the engine/ gearbox?
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

dan4 wrote:Id take the spoiler and graphics off it, you'll have much more chance of selling it imho :thumleft:

Yeah they certainly are an acquired taste :D
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

dylan5084 wrote:

+1

Hmmm not sure on that. I would need to get some examples to come up with a fair price. Together they owe me about £8k :shock:

I will do some searching and get back, if anyone else has an idea of what a newly rebuilt box and forge build is worth then please chip in.... :thumleft:
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

Thought I would give this a nudge.

Started up today, first time. No problem.

I have had a few good offers and enquiries from folks who are asking about reducing the price for a lower spec.

I am willing to sell with standard wheels on and I,ll keep the Blitz rims as I know they are not everyones cup o' tea....

The stock tyres ain't the best but are legal(ish) :D

Regarding the spoiler I am happy to throw in either the standard spoiler or a spolierless g limited boot lid in red and I will keep the surf board. :thumleft:
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

dylan5084 wrote:

+1

Hi bud,

Sorry for the time it took me to get back. I'm struggling to find out how much my engine is worth.

Seems to be differing opinions about price, dependent on whether it is sold with turbo/exhaust/electronics/guages etc. etc.?

Or if it is just the block without ancilliaries you're after?

Forgive the odd response, but I haven't broken a car since Mini days and that was a doddle but too much of these pesky Turbo things are intertwined :D

To be honest the amount I think I can get for a complete engine and gearbox is almost as much as what I want for the car (without Blitz wheels).
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

Just an FYI to update the ad.

Currently my Turbo is without MOT, I'm hoping to get it done next time i'm off work and oop North.

:thumleft:
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

Hooray!

MOT passed today, I have done 500 miles in a year..... :oops:

So anybody interested, she is MOTd for 12 months and taxed until 310114.

Don't all shout at once :D
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

Ok, had some time to finally get around to taking new pictures at the request of some folks.

Car is now fitted with standard reg plate as you can see.

I have been asked to show any pictures of problems.

As you can see there is a crack in the front splitter, been there for a few years after a nudge to a kerb
:oops:

There is a scratch/grase on the passenger door mirror. I have no idea where this came from, I think it happened when my passenger window was smashed 8 years ago during a stereo theft.

The edges of the T-Bars have faded.

Slight dent on the front drivers wing.

The drivers leather could do with some attention, not the worst I have seen but it is cracking.

Also as you can see there is a USB lead in the dash board. This is because the cigarette lighter does not work. I have a replacement piece of dash board that I have not drilled a hole in :D which has (apparently) got a working cigarette lighter.

Hope that helps some folk.

:thumleft: :D
Turbo Dragon

Post by Turbo Dragon »

DEPOSIT TAKEN.

8)
craig

Post by craig »

:clap:
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was modifiedmayhem

Return to “MR2s for Sale”