Cosmos Blue Beams PG11 - For Sale...?

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: Cosmos Blue Beams PG11 - For Sale...?

Post by ashley »

Still waiting to see some daylight shots of your new zaust mate... :mrgreen:
wilki

Post by wilki »

I love that exhaust 8) 8) 8) looks fantastic

Was planning on some form of quad tip, now I'll just look like a copy cat :lol:

Look forward to some more pics in the daylight :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

xxxxxx LOL at how good the headlights are/how bad they were before! Full beam seems to illuminate most of Ireland :lol: can anyone give any instructions re making sure headlights are adjusted correctly? Something to do with a garage door I believe... I do not want these angled too high.

Re exhaust, will get some photos some stage!
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Yep I wanna know about adjustment too :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

I know where the two adjustment screws are, I just don't know how to ensure they are correct!
mr2_tubby

Post by mr2_tubby »

looks very nice!
MR2HOT

Post by MR2HOT »

Really like the Zorst it looks great on the car and doesnt look tacky or too big, very nicely done at just the right size. Look forward to the video clip of how it sounds too :D
synXero

Post by synXero »

It's really hard to photograph it well, but here's a quick shot I took for your requests... Looks really nice in person!

The big brakes will be done on March 9th is the plan, borrowing a friend's lifts + tools + expertise! Otherwise, got dishy TRD wheel fitted today, but not happy with length of boss as expected, sticks out too far, so I'm on the hunt for another, short boss... Also need to get TOM's high-level spoiler + side skirts fitted. PS I count them as OEM+ because TOM's are a Toyota supported aftermarket tuning brand... Like TRD and TTE ;) Not sure whether to keep the rear mud flaps on the car, without the fronts... Or drop them too. Feel like the rear end needs the width for the poise. Of course I could try and find a TOM's rear but I'm trying to stick to genuine only and haven't seen one for sale.

edit.
Other photo updates...

Got my Supra brakes fully painted + assembled now. Think I'll go without the unimpressive TRD logos.

Also, the new TRD wheel is fitted – and today was the pick up & trial run of the Volvo S40 washer jets! I'm quietly annoyed they're not from a modern Toyota, but apparently this is what the Celica guys use, too.

The wheel needs some attention, as the boss is too long. I need to find one that's as short as possible, hopefully under 5cm protrusion from steering column cowl. It's functionally acceptable just now, but you can't reach the stalks quite so easily which might become irritating.

The washer jets are great! Full coverage of the windscreen, and no downsides as yet. Haven't tested them at speed. Does a good job of cleaning the windscreen, though, and doesn't overspray remarkably. No bleeding onto the T-bar glass or the windows.

Got a painted, shiny exhaust heatshield to replace the horrid one in the engine bay as my next easy job. Also going to respray the X-brace silver I think. Beside that, the BBK and the TOM's kit... I think I'm just about finished for now! Maybe a quick shift kit and some gear linkage bearings... And a quad rear light conversion... And anniversary sills again... And my oil gauges... And a rear window tint...?

:roll: :roll: :roll:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

did you adjust the headlights then - interested in getting some
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Love that wheel mate and with sticking to the code lol I'm off to Volvo for some of them washer jets

Got part numbers for both sides bud ? :)

I want them brakes :-p
synXero

Post by synXero »

Haven't adjusted headlights. Worked out how to do it but just presuming they're fine... If anyone stops me I'll rectify them. No complaints or anything like that yet. And no advice on how to make sure they're accurately adjusted either, so on I go.

Cheers Alan :) Both sides are the same FYI. They fit fine and snap into place cosily. They do maybe stretch the rubber tubing a bit but no problem. Wheel is dead good, so good in terms of steering, but cautious I might get pi$$ed off with the indicators. Mmmm. Brakes are going to be insane :lol: Roll on March 9th!!
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

:thumleft:

i went to volvo today and ordered the washer jest and the guy said there not from the s40 lol but used the part number from your pic anyways lol

said they should be here tomorrow £6.87 each :)

hopefully will get them fitted tomorrow :) :) :)
synXero

Post by synXero »

Well, the BBK work was done at last, this weekend, after a few months of preparation.

We got down to the garage at about 9am, and were working hard until nearly 3pm. The new rear setup - 323mm diameter RX8 "sport" front discs on the rear, with spacers to space out the existing caliper, and new pads of course. This has the downside that the caliper doesn't cover the whole disc, but given the rest of the disc will act as a heatsink, and the increased diameter should provide extra braking torque, AND it looks fantastic... It is acceptable to me.

On the front? Swap out the existing hubs for Toyota Supra MKIVs. Fitted to these - extremely fancy DBA two-piece floating discs, Supra calipers, and pads. Swapping the hubs like this is largely unprecedented – the usual route is to use spacers and fit Nissan 200SX calipers. The problem with this, though, is twofold: firstly, the calipers don't bite the full disc, and... They aren't Toyota!

So, the day began with all the parts bundled into the boot:
2x modified Supra hubs, 2x Supra discs, 2x Supra calipers with pads and such. Also 2x RX8 discs, 2x rear caliper spacers, 2x new rear pads, and finally 4x Goodridge braided brake hoses (these are brilliant quality products) as well as a pair of emergency 3mm spacers, just in case:

First job: panic. Do these monster hubs and calipers even fit inside the alloys?

Thankfully, they do... Just. There's only a few mm of space in there as you'll see properly later. Gradually, we pieced together the rear brake set up first, as it was the easier job. Strip off existing slider caliper, remove carrier, bin the pads, bin the discs. We attempted removal of the dust shields... But in the end, out came the grinder.

Then, after a small amount of grinding of the hub mounting point, the caliper brackets were on, the caliper adapters bolted in (after working out which way round they go), the disc slipped on, the new pads fitted and the caliper wound back (do NOT do this without a caliper wind back tool...), re-greased, and re-assembled. Finally, the first Goodridge brake hose. Surprisingly, everything behaved well, and the old hoses unions came apart without issue. The Goodridges went in without problem all round, apart from a small amount of modification to the mounting brackets for the rears.

Next up, the monumental and extremely nerve-racking task of trying to fit the fronts. Firstly, a bit of examination... And the extraction of the ABS sensors. A dog of a job, and they almost always break upon removal, but they both came out intact, with a great degree of persuasion. After that - simply remove the hubs. Annoying castellated bolts held on the ball joints and track rod ends, but otherwise simple enough. The new hub was offered up... Slotted into the strut mounting eyes... And the ball joints... And the track rods! The modified hubs actually fit!

Cue a very excited assembly of disc and caliper on to hub.

The brake lines went on with similar ease, though the hose unions were a little more trouble, one almost rounding. The only concern... The distance that the new hubs seem to stick out towards the arches...

At last, we stuck the wheels on, and checked for all clearances. Remarkably, everything passes... Just! The only issue of contention, unbelievably... The tyre inflation valves that come on Enkei RP01s!! They graze the caliper by a hairline. Removed the plastic valve caps... And they clear. Phew.

We couldn't quite believe it, but it seemed to have all worked out.
Sadly, it never is the way, is it...

Because of the new front hubs, both wheels toe-in, so far that driving would be impossible. A solution to this is yet to be implemented. Either we lengthen the track rod ends, or we create an adapter for the hub mounting point. Soon, the car will be ready for road use once more...
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

That calliper is frighteningly close!
synXero

Post by synXero »

Well, the brakes are damn good :D

It has all been working for a week or so now, really really pleased with the outcome. Tracking to be done next Fri - earliest appointment I could get with the best guy in town.

Also now thinking about fitting my (genuine) TOM's skirts. Not sure whether to have the winglets on, or leave them off... I think it looks cleaner without them, sometimes, but I also like how they line up with the front of door shut lines.

No winglets:

With winglets:
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

i would put them on mate my opinion only but i really like how they look with :)
craig

Post by craig »

:o :shock:
synXero

Post by synXero »

:lol:

You think Alan? I guess I'll paint them anyway.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

If you could fit them and blend the winglets in that would look superb :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

:-k :-k

Have you any examples MBeans? Never seen that done, I don't think.

Return to “Member Profiles”