The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Magic Beans »

riot68 wrote:Me thinks you have too much spare time Mr beans...

Me thinks I chose to remain someone's child instead of someone's parent. :mrgreen:
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

Have kids there a good helper. My daughters 3 she fills my back box with stones... And complains my car is loud haha
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Jasonb123 wrote:Have kids there a good helper. My daughters 3 she fills my back box with stones... And complains my car is loud haha

Not the best sales pitch there :mrgreen: Adrienne's younger than me, so I've got a few years of breathing space yet. :pray:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Magic Beans wrote:

Me thinks I chose to remain someone's child instead of someone's parent. :mrgreen:

this may account for it, second the help though. Logan now 4 and sat in the civic working the lights & brake so I could check all the rears working ok...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
craig

Post by craig »

+1 :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

Magic Beans wrote:
Jasonb123 wrote:Have kids there a good helper. My daughters 3 she fills my back box with stones... And complains my car is loud haha

Not the best sales pitch there :mrgreen: Adrienne's younger than me, so I've got a few years of breathing space yet. :pray:

Me too. Becky's only 23, so plenty of breathing space for me too :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

\:D/
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

just wanna say thanks for the info on fitting door cards bud just got them in and look sweet im very happy :)

might do my little storage box next :)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

You're more than welcome buddy, glad I could help :thumleft:

The storage box one is a doddle. I used carpet glue, which sticks well and sets quickly. Messy stuff though, so cover everything well and keep it off your hands :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

This month's Banzai :D

Thanks for the heads-up Ian :thumleft:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Nice one, will have to pick up a copy if I can find anyone around here selling it...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
craig

Post by craig »

Nice one getting in Banzai mate. I sort of did from the pics you posted :lol: :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Sure did. Along with Mel's, Ollie's and a few other cars
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

mate i seen these and thought of you :P would of looked ace with your seats

:thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I saw some a while back. I think someone on here has some actually :-k Thought they might be a little OTT for the car but they'd certainly match :)
craig

Post by craig »

Those inserts will go nicely with seats mate. :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I'm not sure what if I'm going to to graduated or black inserts for the seats when I re-trim them. Plus I've only just covered the inserts :-k
scotty1982

Post by scotty1982 »

You have to keep the bride in the seats mate! I was looking for those inserts my self before I sold up. Beautiful!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

It's a toss up between the black Bride fabric (also has the Bride logo all the way down) or the graduated. I think it will be the graduated to be honest but the black to white instead of the brownish/grey tints I have currently
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

So, the big day arrived - Remap day :D

To say I've been planning, contemplating and worrying about today is somewhat of an understatement. Especially after what happened last time.... 8-[

When booking in with Ryan I tried to fit it in around a potential break in the lovely weather we've been having recently. Thankfully this time it worked. Not the best day but mainly dry, which is really what I wanted for the drive there and back again (I'm not a Hobbit by the way :mrgreen: )

After a steady and generally dry and relaxed drive down we arrived safe and sound

I was fairly early (for once) so sat and watched this Supra going through the mill. It didn't do bad at all considering it arrived with a completely different ECU :shock:

The Mule's turn came and on it went, ready to be strapped down, wired in and put through it's paces.

This is what it arrived with, on it's low boost setting

Mule taming in progress. It did initially keep trying to make a break for freedom :shock: So had to be lashed down tighter.
http://s1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... GA0697.mp4

And the results :D

Ryan dialled it in to run at 1.6 bar and with the exhaust cam retarded by 6 degrees (exactly what Peter had already dialled in :thumleft: ). He said he could have played with the cams and pulled 450bhp out of it, however it would have been at the expense of mid-range performance and that's basically where you really need it in a road car. My goal was never outright power, it was always 400bhp and a solid/healthy engine. Usable power on the road, not just a car where I only see the real performance on a track.

We took it out for the test drive and mother of god it's quick now! It was quick before, really quick, but it's now to the point where i was sat swearing as soon as he hit boost :lol: Spun the wheels up a bit in 2nd gear but was solid in 3rd, which was impressive given the fact the roads were pretty damp. 275s doing their job nicely then :D

Got home safe and sound, with the Mule feeling perfect on the drive back. To be honest it's actually more settled and well-behaved than my 1 Series.

Net result of the above is a happy Phil :D It's been one hell of a long, arduous, emotional and expensive 11 months. Today though it was all worthwhile. \:D/

Return to “Member Profiles”