Glenn's REV3 ST215, Dynoed @315 hp & 390 Nm!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Masacur

Re: Glenn's REV3 ST215, Dynoed @315 hp & 390 Nm!

Post by Masacur »

Well done!

That BOV sounds awesome, especially on part load. 2 Gen4's driving Time Attack now? :D
Glenn_k

Post by Glenn_k »

Thanks,
it's not just the blowoff, it's the overactive gen4 wastegate as well.
And there are 2 MR2's in this season's time attack, both running a gen4 ;)
Masacur

Post by Masacur »

Ah, I was debating whether I heard the wastegate or BOV :) Well, at least I learned something again. But is it possible to hear the difference between the wastegate and BOV in your video?

Is that overactive wastegate a gen4 characteristic or is it also present on Rev3 3SGTE's?
h180eeu

Post by h180eeu »

Looks good and sounds well, good effort.

BTW the sound is nothing to do with the wastegate, its compressor stall.
Glenn_k

Post by Glenn_k »

Compressors don't just stall, the fluttering sound is definately the wastegate wanting to close when I lift off. You can also hear it when I drive really slowly.
You can actually hear the difference in the car, first you hear the wastegate slam (a few times) and then the blowoff hisses. On partial load, the blowoff flutters a bit as well, because it is a synchronic one.
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

well done.I like the idea with the celica IC. :clap:
question - did you modify the pipes that leads to TB and Turbooutlet to fit your TB and Turbo locations?

how did you solve the routing of the pipes (water).And what pump do you use to circulate the water + what hose size?

i use the jabsco centri puppy + 3/4" hose and fittings.A spearco style A2W and a sweet fiat HE.Custom IC routing

check out my built that i did 2 years ago here:
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=401456&page=1
Glenn_k

Post by Glenn_k »

Thanks!
-I did modify the in- and outlet of the heat exchanger to fit the gen4 setup. Just a trim and a good matching of the couplers did the job for me.

-I routed 22mm id hose underneath the car and am using the st205 pump and pre-rad.
Zeiretto

Post by Zeiretto »

Mooie bak Glenn! :thumleft:
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

i did it the same way.routed the hoses isolated along the oem waterlines.

i just recognized you run that synchronic bov.I have the same on the gen4.
I talked with the guys on the synapse forum about that fluttering which apears to be normal regarding to the boards if you have a piston driven bov.

do you use line a&b or do you have the old layout with port A,B,C?
from the sound it sounds like it has much preload on the spring,did you adjust it?it sounds somehow much sharper then my bov.do you reroute?
Glenn_k

Post by Glenn_k »

I use line A as well as B. The line on the side is for boost only feeds, which I don't use. Don't need it actually.
I haven't adjusted the spring as it is not advised by synapse itself.
I do recognise some of the problems other people have though. It hisses constantly when I drive between vacuum and boost and I don't know if i'm free of vacuum leaks, as my car idles really slowly.
Daemonslayer

Post by Daemonslayer »

i listened very close to your video - and found it really sounded much sharper then my bov.(but as i filmed my exhaust and it sounded much higher then in real life i know you cant judge by video)

the hissing sound by driving inbetween boost and vacuum is the same on mine.Check out youtube videos to see it verified on piston valves.

And somehow as it seems to open later but its very hard to tell - thats why i asked about the spring.Youre doing it right by not adjusting it.Before adjusting it you could remove line A to improve reaction time as advised by synapse.If necessary at all.
i have the version with port A and B only.

when you boost - you clearly hear a constant pitched wooshed sound.I have the same sound.I first thought its the bov.But its coming out of the air filter.On a gen3 i never experienced that loud sound (i drove as pessenger in various).

your car idles at low rpm?how low?900-950 on mine.very clean idle.

beside that.
did you read out your error codes?most gen4 swappers get error 78 which is not listet in our caldina error code list.I would be interessted if you get the same error.
Glenn_k

Post by Glenn_k »

I don't have any codes at all.
The car idles at about 800 rpm after adjusting it already.
I think the sound you mean is the wastegate, which is very active on a gen4. That, and I have a 3 3/4" induction pipe. That makes everything sound much louder.
Glenn_k

Post by Glenn_k »

Went to a Dynocentre Verhoeven in the Netherlands today. Whipped out a satisfying 315 hp at the flywheel and about 390 Nm of torque. All of this at about 1 bar of pressure and about 1.1 bar of peak boost (still got a little boost creep)
For now, the car will be put back in hibernation mode as i've bought myself a mint Suzuki Swift (MY95) as daily driver.

Picture of the graph:

Return to “Member Profiles”