Feast your eyes!... CardHore's latest purchase...

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Re: Feast your eyes!... CardHore's latest purchase...

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

How does that still possibly exist in it's original box ???!! :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
craig

Post by craig »

How much did you pay for it out of interest?
craig

Post by craig »

The box says 23000 yen which is roughly £185.
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Lol... I wish it was £185 quid... I paid considerably more... The original box is a bonus, id have bought it evrn without, even if it was used id have paid the same as what i bought it for... I regret getting rid of the rev3 rear grille i had now :(

In the mean time ill invest in keeping it... In years to come.i may be able to sell it and afford a deposit on a house with the profits.
Loque

Post by Loque »

jack-p wrote:Wow definately a rare find to get it with the original box etc. will it be staying that way or is it to be fitted?

Am I the only one who thinks one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2-RE ... 519f1febd4
plus a dremel, some black mesh and 10 minutes and you'd have the exact same thing. even the 'T020' part is easy to replicate.
What do these things go for as I may have to start selling wicked awesome toms parts :wink:

Sorry to rain on the parade with my negative thinking though! :eye:

You're not the only one to think this. I love Tom's parts... But I'm not sure I could have gone genuine on this and lived with what it probably cost.

Fair play to CardHore though, putting your money where your mouth is & all that. Very cool.
craig

Post by craig »

CardHore wrote:Lol... I wish it was £185 quid... I paid considerably more... The original box is a bonus, id have bought it evrn without, even if it was used id have paid the same as what i bought it for... I regret getting rid of the rev3 rear grille i had now :(

Come on then, how much did you pay for it? :mrgreen:

CardHore wrote:In years to come.i may be able to sell it and afford a deposit on a house with the profits.

A deposit for a house from selling a center panel insert? *sprays coffee all over monitor* :lol:
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

Sorry i forgot to add a smiley or lol at the end of that. It was a joke lol. I gave enough for it... A silly amount for a bit of plastic... I eveb thought twice about buying it which is rare lol
craig

Post by craig »

CardHore wrote:Sorry i forgot to add a smiley or lol at the end of that. It was a joke lol. I gave enough for it... A silly amount for a bit of plastic... I eveb thought twice about buying it which is rare lol

I wondered whether you'd missed a smiley off that comment! :mrgreen:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Do you really think this stuff is going to appreciate in value?

SW20 prices are rock bottom, if and when they start to rise in 10 years time, it will be the original unmodified cars that will be in demand, not ones with obscure parts in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool rare part, but I would doubt it will become more desirable than it is now.
craig

Post by craig »

CardHore wrote:Sorry i forgot to add a smiley or lol at the end of that. It was a joke lol. I gave enough for it... A silly amount for a bit of plastic... I eveb thought twice about buying it which is rare lol

Come on, how much did you buy it for? :wink:
craig

Post by craig »

Rob wrote:Do you really think this stuff is going to appreciate in value?

SW20 prices are rock bottom, if and when they start to rise in 10 years time, it will be the original unmodified cars that will be in demand, not ones with obscure parts in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool rare part, but I would doubt it will become more desirable than it is now.

Agree entirely.
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

RedMR² wrote:
Rob wrote:Do you really think this stuff is going to appreciate in value?

Agree entirely.

Presuming in 10 years time there will still be oil and petrol to put in our MR2's ! Cardhore you might aswell enjoy it now and show it off while there are still MR2 owners to care about it and think it's cool :thumleft:
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”