Chevlon wheel parts

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

KarlBristol

Chevlon wheel parts

Post by KarlBristol »

I've got Chevlon racing split rims as seen below but they don't have centre caps.

Anyone have any ideas where I can get any from as I'm currently drawing a blank, theyre 16" rims...

g.lewarne

Re: Chevlon wheel parts

Post by g.lewarne »

hey mate!

they suit the car well! looks nice - hows everything coming along?
Slarty wrote:
it's just that we subscrible to the theory of hitting it harder until it works. Or something falls off, in which case you've hit it too hard.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

g.lewarne wrote:hey mate!

they suit the car well! looks nice - hows everything coming along?

Alright bud : How you doing?

The cars had a lot done to it since you saw it last!!

Heres the full thread

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... 023f602b8a

I've given it a full service, sorted out the rest of the bodywork. That slight squeal did turn out to be the alternator belt in the end, so thats gone. Obviously the wheels have been changed, as have a few smaller bits and bobs (including that horrible gear knob! lol)

Got droplinks and ball joints to fit next week. Just had a new set of HT leads delivered from eBay via GTChris. The title states rev1 na, but it turns out that theyre for the 3sge not the 3sfe! Damn, lol. Running out of parts to replace now, lol.

Drop me a text when your free next mate and we'll have a proper catch up. House move has all fallen through again, so you shouldn't have problems finding me, lol.

Ps thanks for the tip with the engine bay clean; it worked well!!
g.lewarne

Post by g.lewarne »

Yeah, its my magical secret for uber clean engines :whistle: :-$

would be good to meet up again, perhaps midway next time around exeter or something - bring the dogs and go for a blast type of thing :mrgreen:

Just read through your thread, coming along very very nicely now! What on earth is that across the sapce above your stereo? nowhere near as nice look as my cheap ass solution \:D/

glad you got rid of that gear knob as well, it was awful :lol:

and lastly, how are the brakes :mrgreen: next time we meet, you can drive mine and see what its like with really nice pads on :mrgreen:

gav

Oh yeah a tip for you! when your doing the balljoints you will need 2 things - a blow torch and a "scissor" type ball joint separator. you can buy them in halfords for about a tenner. Be prepared to get super frustrated with each one you do as after 20 years they are not the easiest things to get off. :pray:
Slarty wrote:
it's just that we subscrible to the theory of hitting it harder until it works. Or something falls off, in which case you've hit it too hard.
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

The centre caps are a concave plate ,and a large nut to hold it on ,should be easy enough to have a set made,and get the nuts from ebay

look good by the way

you need to find out the size and pitch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TSW-R-SYSTEM- ... 1c2163994f

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”