[FINALIZED] 1995 Rev 3 Turbo - Metallic black - Excellent Cond. - Open to sensible offers...

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mattross1313

1995 Rev 3 Turbo - Metallic black - Excellent Cond. - Open to sensible offers...

Post by mattross1313 »

NOW SOLD

Hi,

Sadly the time has come to pass on my beloved MR2 Turbo. I am selling simply due to the fact that I have owned her for 4 wonderful years & fancy a change. If I could afford to keep her alongside my next Jap monster, trust me I would! I've got her up for £2,995 but am open to sensible offers. Part-ex wise I'm only interested (with money your way) if you have an EVO V GSR in silver.

She's a 1995, MK2, Rev 3, Turbo, Tintop (the best in my opinion, it's stronger, looks better & most importantly doesn't leak all over your hair do!)

First registered 27/03/1995 (this means it doesn't have to pass the CAT test as part of MOT - bonus!) Registered in the UK on 12/06/2000.

ODO reads 140,526 miles, but as the ODO was not converted from km's to miles when she was imported (don't worry, the speedo was) it is likely to be less. My best guess using the service history is that it came over with roughly 50,000 km's & therefore a more realistic milage is 120,000 miles.

MOT until Nov 2012, Tax until Feb 2012. She went straight through & passed her recent MOT test with a few advisories, the most pressing of which I have already taken care of. There is a slight, intermitant knocking noise from the O/S/R. I have been advised this is the rear ARB's which came up on MOT. When I spoke to the tester about it he said they would need to be done before the next MOT.

She pulls very well & goes smoothly through all gears even when cold. I have never had any issues with the engine dropping revs, hunting or generally playing around.

Cat 1 alarm & immobiliser with 2 fobbs. I also have 2 keys for the car.

The car was fully, professionally resprayed in April 2010 (inc. inner door shuts & doors) to Metallic Black. It's a standard Toyota colour therefore easy to colour match, it's called Eclipse Black (paint code 209.) So, the bodywork is in excellent condition with no dings or dents, she is also kept garaged.

A brief history - I used to work for a Toyota service dept, the car was owned by one of our customers who had bought it almost as soon as it was imported. He always had it serviced/maintained by us & then the turbo blew. Facing a large repair bill, he bought a MK3 & my service manager ended up with the MK2. He proceeded to buy a new turbo, have it fitted & ran the car for 6 months at which point I bought it off him. I bought her in Oct 2007 at about 125,000 miles.

Service history - I have loads! The original service book is present if you read Japanese......I can paper trace the services all the way back to her 1st service on 23/03/1996. I had her serviced in June 2010 at 138,305 miles so 2,221 miles ago. It was a huge service inc. oil & filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, brake fluid, diff oil, gearbox oil, coolant & full brake strip & clean.

I have always looked after this car very well. It has been fully undersealed twice since I bought it, I have always warmed it up & cooled it down correctly, as well as always using brand name super unleaded petrol. On top of that, lots of the mechanics have been replaced (inc but not limited to the list below) inc. both coolant pipes from hell & the turbo pipe from hell!! The tyres are Toyo Proxy T1 R's in good condition.

Nov 2011 - Clutch master cylinder, O/S/F brake caliper, O/S/F shock

May 2011 - Brake disc back plates, N/S/F brake caliper strip

Dec 2010 - Cambelt, Turbo oil pipe, coolant pipes, water pump

June 2010 - Radiator, RCG

Feb 2010 - Alternator & Alternator belt

Jan 2010 - Battery

April 2009 - O/S/R shock

Jan 2009 - All auxillary belts

Aug 2008 - Rear drop links & D Bushes

April 2008 - Rear top mounts

Nov 2007 - Front top mounts

I have had quite a few modifications done although you will find that the engine is fairly standard & un-messed with. Too many to mention all but see brief list below:

Front & rear grooved brake discs, green stuff pads rear, yellow stuff front, colour coordinated painted calipers

Full stainless steel turbo back exhaust system (Japspeed) inc. de-cat

Tinted rear windows & rear screen

Full interior retrim

Custom dash panels

Smoked front sidelights, foglights & indicators

Custom mesh in front bumper & side vents

Blitz SUS Induction kit & Blitz Supersound BOV

Pioneer stereo (CD & Aux output) with front door speakers & amp powering a set of 6 by 9 speakers housed in custom boxes

The A/C does not work. It started to lose charge, I had it regassed & leak tested at which point a leak was found from the A/C rad. I removed the A/C rad when I replaced the normal rad, meaning to put a new one in at some point, I have just never got round to it as I never used the A/C.

Well, phew I think that's about it! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to give me a shout either on my mobile (07875 601209) or via email [email protected].

I've popped up some up to date photo's below.

No airbrushing was used in this pic, it was simply taken inside a professional photo studio
Last edited by mattross1313 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Navz

Re: [FINALIZED] 1995 Rev 3 Turbo - Metallic black - Excellent Cond. - Open to sensible offers...

Post by Navz »

Good luck with sale Matt,

PM me your number bud and where you are in Cardiff, I am in Cardiff currently and will pass this on to my work colleague who is in search of a black Rev 3 Tintop. :thumleft:
mattross1313

Re: [FINALIZED] 1995 Rev 3 Turbo - Metallic black - Excellent Cond. - Open to sensible offers...

Post by mattross1313 »

Hey Navs,
You have just reminded me to update my profile. The car is now in Bournemouth as myself and girlfriend moved down here around 6 months ago. I will drop you a PM now mate :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

Stunning car mate! All the best with the sale :thumleft:
mattross1313

Post by mattross1313 »

Thanks Red :thumleft:

Midweek bump :whistle:
mattross1313

Post by mattross1313 »

Have popped up some up to date pics peeps......:-)
mattross1313

Post by mattross1313 »

Bump
mattross1313

Post by mattross1313 »

New year bump :-)
craig

Post by craig »

Edit - just seen price was already stated. Should have gone to spec savers! :lol:
mattross1313

Post by mattross1313 »

Price drop bump
mattross1313

Post by mattross1313 »

Car now sold
Feedback Bot

Post by Feedback Bot »

This Sale has been completed. The Buyer was Non-Member

Return to “MR2s for Sale”