[Mk2] [Generic] Yeaha,found and fixed the poxey rattle on the front suspension

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nickg07

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Yeaha,found and fixed the poxey rattle on the front suspension

Post by nickg07 »

Ordered my spring cups and top mounts from tcb yesterday. turns out the kyb top mounts have sealed bearing so i cancelled the nylon washers from Toyota.
Harold

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Yeaha,found and fixed the poxey rattle on the front suspension

Post by Harold »

Fitted my two spring plates yesterday, attempted to go for a drive to make sure everything was ok aaaand, dead battery. So i'll try again today.
Phill P

Post by Phill P »

Fingers crossed for you both,makes the car feel much more solid.

:thumleft:
Rota torque drifts Japseed exhaust Apexi air filter Gizzmo ibc Apex springs Hks turbo timer 242bhp at .8 bar
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Im having fitted:

New top mounts kyb
spring cups
rubber seal
Toyota dust boots
ball joints
drop links Delphi
poly front arb bushes

Figured id do the lot in one hit while its all apart.
Harold

Post by Harold »

Had a bit of a hoon today to test out the car, and it feels bloody lovely. The steering feels a lot more solid and connected now.
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Yeaha mine has that connected feeling now too. no more 'pobble, bobble, pobble' noise over s bumpy track now. the old ball joints had some play in them but my rack boots are split and need swapping i was so close to ordering track rods and boots i wish id just got them all done at the same time.
Harold

Post by Harold »

Glad to hear it buddy, are you still having the same steering issues?
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

Steering seems a lot tighter and firm definitely not as loose as it was before and this morning i didnt notice the car 'tramlining' pulling over the slightly rutted road bits as it did before.

im thinking if the rod ends and stuff get changed as well it will be much better.

does seem better at higher speeds though and the overall change is very positive.

It has taken some of the slight vibration i was getting at 80+mph too...

Did well this morning on the way to work, just joining motorway from another motorway and pulled out to the outside lane where id usually give it some, but noticed a very white looking Vectra at some way back in my mirrors...so i kept it at exactly 70mph and when there was a gap pulled over to the middle to let him past and yep, unmarked police traffic unit (had the two police insignias on the rear)...i suspected he was. so quite fortunate there:) not that im a speeder but when overtaking i occasionally go more than 72mph:/

Return to “Mechanical”