what exhaust

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

klimite

what exhaust

Post by klimite »

hey is there a schematic of the exhaust anywhere

i.e is it mani/ down pipe + flexi / cat/ back box on the mk2 ? also with an import is the exhaust slightly different?
matt77

Re: what exhaust

Post by matt77 »

http://opc.mr2oc.com/#engine

If you click on Exhaust System it might be what you're looking for. You can download the whole thing as PDF, well worth the time it takes :D

Edit - sorry, my link is for the Mk1! Try this one - http://www.ayrpark.plus.com/epc1/toyota ... 01_19.html
klimite

Post by klimite »

Hey, thanks, I think I know what I need to buy now..

A mani + downpipe are the stainless ebay ones any good? I'm not really looking for the gains they say but I need to replace the whole exhaust and thought stainless for lasting longer would be the best way to go?

and then a catback of some sort ? my car doesnt have a cat due to age though so should I get a decat + back box?

Cheers. Rob
matt77

Post by matt77 »

I'm not sure about the first half of your question mate, is yours a turbo? On mine I think it goes turbo - elbow - cat - front section - back box.

As for the stainless cat-back parts I bought one of these from ebay. Toyota quoted me about £500 for the mild steel oem parts so £179 seems like a bargain. I think it's a copy of a Japspeed exhaust.

It's still solid 18 months later but the parts I don't polish regularly are showing signs of rust at the welds. It looks pretty good but if you look closely it's not perfect, one pipe is at a slightly different angle to the other.
klimite

Post by klimite »

hey mines not a tub sorry I should've said and ahh cool, I think I may get one then. as I said for the price to have stainless that should.... last longer it's worth it I'm not really looking for performance, the exhaust thats been thrown together thats on it currently is too loud, at 60 you cant talk to the passenger!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”