Whats it worth? Mk1 Mr2 SuperCharger

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Leehoochie01

Whats it worth? Mk1 Mr2 SuperCharger

Post by Leehoochie01 »

Hi All,

I'm moving to Australia later this year and will be selling my SuperCharger (look forward to buying an australian one, but shussh the girlfriend doens't know yet). Just wanted to find out what I should be putting the asking price up for?

The following website used to be the previous owners www.mr2sc.co.uk/ and I have a number of photo's in the Gallery here or I can work out how to put them on this post.

also, the wheel arches are original with no signs of rust which is always handy with these cars.

Any help with this cars worth would be very helpful

many thanks Lee
Steve Horrocks

Re: Whats it worth? Mk1 Mr2 SuperCharger

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Bump for reinstatement.
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
autobody
Premium Member

Post by autobody »

well i sold my sc not to long ago for 3750.... most people sell them too cheap imo... if you have a solid example then dont be shy putting the price up... you just got to wait for the right buyer.

link of my old car: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/forum/viewtop ... =36&t=6301
Leehoochie01

Post by Leehoochie01 »

WOW, that was a seriously nice s/c, amazing condition...

I'm not a fan of the new owner :twisted:
shinny

Post by shinny »

If you've owned the car for over a year then you should be entitled to import the car to Australia yourself (although watch out for the compliance regs). I bet it's worth substantially more out there and I guess it'd also be a very rare car downunder :thumleft:
coanda

Post by coanda »

Leehoochie01 wrote:WOW, that was a seriously nice s/c, amazing condition...

I'm not a fan of the new owner :twisted:

Hey! I am usually a nice guy! :-D
Fab4MR2

Post by Fab4MR2 »

If you haven't sold it yet, seriously consider importing it to Australia. It would cost you far more to buy a similar condition SC down under than what you could sell it for in the UK. If it is anywhere near the condition, as shown on the old website, it would easily get around $7-9k down there.
Leehoochie01

Post by Leehoochie01 »

Hi all, well the SC is now for sale. I looked briefly into importing it into oz but didn't seem economically viable and it will be extra stress to deal with. So the time has come to say goodbye to the old girl.

Out of interest I've put it up for £2750 would you say this is a reasonable price?
donna

Post by donna »

Leehoochie01 wrote:Hi all, well the SC is now for sale. I looked briefly into importing it into oz but didn't seem economically viable and it will be extra stress to deal with. So the time has come to say goodbye to the old girl.

Out of interest I've put it up for £2750 would you say this is a reasonable price?

How much interest have you had? that should give an indidcation? I think there is only one other SC for sale just now and its the same price.

Do you have any new pics of the car inc close ups of the usual problem areas? that would probably help your sale :thumleft:
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I think the price is fair but no one is buying these sort of cars at the moment
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I've seen other pictures of the car and it looks like it's in need of TLC cosmetically. Also notice it has a MK1a front bumper.

I think that you may need to move on price as the reason it isn't selling, isn't just because there aren't loads of buyers around. Let's face it there are never lots of buyers around when it comes to MK1SC's, but of those that are they are obviously only going to pay so much. So, if your car isn't selling it's likely because it's over-priced.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “MR2s for Sale”