Dont Ever go to Aviva Insurance

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

3sgtemechanic

Dont Ever go to Aviva Insurance

Post by 3sgtemechanic »

Bascially to change an address 5 minutes up the road they think my policy raises 55% on the isle of wight what a joke

here is the letter i got given

We acknowledge receipt of your recent email with thanks and would be obliged if you could note our comments below.

We have looked into your policy in regards the change of address on your policy and the additional premium of £396.12.

We have contacted your Insurer, Aviva to check the additional premium that you have been quoted. They have run through a quotation based on both postcodes from today's date. For postcode PO33 1TN they quoted an annual premium of £2632.98 and for postcode PO34 5JZ they quoted an annual premium of £4067.00. This is roughly a 55% load to your policy.
Your original annual premium was £1726.45 and when your change of address was processed this increased your annual premium to £2628.12. Adding a 55% loading to your policy on the original premium makes a new annual premium of £2675.99, so the rate we have offered you is cheaper. We have searched our selection of Insurance Companies that we use and the next cheapest quotation was £2752.82 with a company called Sabre, however this still makes Aviva to be the cheapest we are able to offer.

Different Insurance Companies have difference discounts and loadings for the area the customer lives in. They charge the premium based on the number of theft claims, vandalism claims and claims in general in that area. It may be a small risk for other Insurance Companies but each Insurance Company is different. However, we do appreciate that you may have only moved a small distance but we have no control over the Insurance Companies charges.
Therefore the additional premium of £396.12 is payable. You have two instalments left to pay of £420.51, which takes you up to your renewal date of 29/10/2011. If you were to cancel your policy mid term, you will loose your second year of no claims bonus that you are currently earning. If you wish to proceed with the cancellation of your policy then please return your insurance certificate along with a signed letter, however we must advise there will be cancellation charges.
We did try calling you to advise of the above but there was no answer.

We trust that the above is clear. However, should you have any further

queries
then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely

Suzanne Evans

Biggest load of sh!t i have ever known wish i never went with them now this is with my subaru impreza

it just frustrates me the way they just add it on so i have to pay £840 in 2 months yeah ok then so ill think ill get another policy , stick your no claims bonus's

My advise is dont go with them or if your with them and move just go with a different insurer ](*,) [-(
Last edited by 3sgtemechanic on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dale_V

Re: Dont Ever go to Aviva Insurance

Post by Dale_V »

christ you pay a stupid amount for your insurance :? is the IOW that bad? or do you crash alot? :eye:
3sgtemechanic

Post by 3sgtemechanic »

The IOW is a low crime area etc as they have hardly any theft or anything happens here , and i have never crashed a vehicle , subaru impreza are just high at the age of 22 which sucks but for them to think they can add £400 on top they must be joking
3sgtemechanic

Post by 3sgtemechanic »

my mr2 is only £500 a year which makes me laugh
stenky

Post by stenky »

i have always wondered why you have such ridiculous insurance quotes in the UK. do they cover any damage caused to you or by you, stealing or vandalism? aren't those just the obligatory insurances "just to be able to drive legally" covering just the damage caused?

my 2.0 celica was approx 190Euro/year and the 1.6 MR2 is expected be around 120-140Euro/year.

i would buy a bicycle if i lived in UK :evil:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

No point raging at Flux fella they are the broker and if nobody else on their panel of insurers can do it cheaper what do you want them to do? I suggest you change the title of your thread to don't touch Aviva. The only thing to suggest is see if there is someway to check the claims history of both postcodes and see if it genuinely is that different....
Sorry for you though mate.. it does suck.

R.
Jez@Devoted

Post by Jez@Devoted »

im with flux, im just outside of central london, 26 years old, 8 years driving and 1 years no claims, £550 a year

i think its just always hit and miss with insurance
simpson_eh

Post by simpson_eh »

im with flux

£670 fully comp protected no claims like for like replacement but that is 7 years no claims :(

agreed value they want £1160 for 7.5k value

nobody would even come close when i said its well over 300bhp lol
dawesy

Post by dawesy »

flux come out cheapest for me every year.
39, 12yrs no claims, all mods declared and 4000mile limited milage policy £550 fully comp.
as said its not the brokers fault, its down to the sad way insurance companies work their pricing out
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

i', £200 a year on my tubby :) that's without using my no claims bonus :)

get a classic poilicy, i know most say 25+ but i had a classic policy when i was 17, so they aren't all 25 upwards :thumleft: :thumleft:
3sgtemechanic

Post by 3sgtemechanic »

Yeah your probaly right its not adrian flux i will amend that, what i am pi$$ed off about is anywhere on the island as i have done insurance quotes online are all low risk areas and are cheaper than what im paying now

why should they add £420 on top of what i pay now?

Its daylight robbery, im in a close in the middle of nowhere where my subaru is in a garage and they think its more exspensive than having it on a main cut through road, its ridiculous

I wont be paying it either way so unfortunatly looks like flux is not on my list to go to no as there companies they use for me obviously isnt no good

](*,) :(
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Try Classicline, they gave me a great quote as a potential new customer.

Return to “Trader Feedback”