Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

fishface

Brands Hatch Track Evening 14th June 2011

Post by fishface »

:D Anybody else going? Its our first proper track outing with the MR2! :D
mr2toby

Re: Brands Hatch Track Evening 14th June 2011

Post by mr2toby »

My Mr2 is dead but It's local to me so may come up to spectate. Is it a msv track day? The are very organised and are good at their jobs. What car you running?
fishface

Post by fishface »

mr2toby wrote:My Mr2 is dead but It's local to me so may come up to spectate. Is it a msv track day? The are very organised and are good at their jobs. What car you running?

:thumleft: Yes ita Club MSV evening! They do seem to be about the best for organising! We are running a black Mk2 Rev1 with an Autopista wing and some alloy foglight air scoops! Hoping to get there about 15.00 and getting on track at 17.30! Be good to see you if you manage to get down there! We shall most likely be parked with a black Ford focus ST! :thumleft:
mr2toby

Post by mr2toby »

Got stuck at work till late so missed out on this one. :cry: how did it go?
fishface

Post by fishface »

mr2toby wrote:Got stuck at work till late so missed out on this one. :cry: how did it go?

:thumleft: Apart from a bit of a problem with a rear wheel just touching a droplink on full suspension extension that took me far too long to find it went really well! The new wider wheels completely sorted the rear grip issues we had been having. The brake vents worked well although the cheap discs and pads were still getting a bit blue lol! By the end of the evening we were going round at a fairly respectable pace. There were some immensely fast cars there including the beautiful 6R4 below and a Radical on slicks that was mental fast! The new R1-Rs worked brilliantly but the front T1-Rs were starting to push and melt! The MR is brilliant on track and has so much rear end grip now you can just nail it from the apex in just about every corner. The only times i got out of shape was after drifting wide onto the painted sections a couple of times because the front was letting go at Paddock and Druids! Heres a few pics. :thumleft:
Oh sorry i cant post pics apparently?
Heres a link to the photobucket album if that works!
Nope cant do that either? WTF?
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Not enough post mate to post links.

Either get posting in off topic or start a project thread to get your count past 15.
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
fishface

Post by fishface »

bri0905 wrote:Not enough post mate to post links.

Either get posting in off topic or start a project thread to get your count past 15.

:thumleft: Ah right! Better get busy then lol! Cheers for the advice! :thumleft:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”