Getting there.. My "600whp" cashpit! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jimGTS

Re: Getting there.. My "600whp" cashpit! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!

Post by jimGTS »

insane!
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

RyanRs wrote:Heres a couple of pics of the combustion chambers..

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/ ... 25_022.jpg

Impressive work 8) , will you need to get the valve seats re-ground they look like they've been rounded?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Thanks everyone. Yep Ant, i owe you a spin when its done, i think you should get yourself a cheap rev3 at some point, just so you have one for the meets!

Goldy, nope, did not touch the valve seats, paid special care not to touch them! had 1 or 2 slips but they should disappear with lapping. If i get any problems then ill just get them re-cut.
riot68

Post by riot68 »

:shock:

can only imagine...
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

I will probably be back in a 2 at some point. Always miss them when I see them. But while I've got the family in tow I'll be in the Evo. :thumleft:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Another little update.. Finally finished polishing up the intake plenum, took about 250 hours solid work by hand spread over about two months lol!

Before... (on the previous engine before i brought it)

And now 8)

Heres a pic of the engine bay with all components mocked up, however the plenum was only half polished in this pic and the whole lot needed a good buffing over..

I am worried about how long the aluminium will stay looking like this tho as i know from past experiences that soon as it gets wet it starts to oxidise and the heat just ads as a catalyst; Therefore i am seriously considering having all the shiny parts chrome plated! I think the mirror ally looks slightly better than chrome but tbh i would never get the ally as shiny & mirrored as it could be with chroming and therefore i think it will make it look equally as good.

Apart from that, well, almost finished the engine re-wire (thank god!) just waiting now for my friend who is welding up the modifications that i done to the coolant hardpipes, then he has to do a little work to the exhaust manifold (wg pipe etc). Got a couple of odds and sods to tie up, Cops are all tested using the linkplus software and are working fine! Finally once i got the coolant pipes back, its re-bleed the coolant, MOT, TAX then up to Ryan.G !! ;D Cant wait!!

more pics soon.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Looking good Ryan :thumleft:

Where did you get the parts to do the filler neck with?

Also, what are you using for an expansion tank?
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Looks good ryan, remind me to get some shares in Autosol :lol:
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

that engine bay is stunning :clap:
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

it is pretty insane!

so when you gona use it?
:eye:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Cheers peeps :) cannot wait to have it all back together and give the engine bay walls a good clean as there all covered in dust :/ Trying my hardest to make the boot mount look as good as the engine bay too which is why i have spent so much time modifying the wiring loom.. In the engine bay im trying to make it so you cannot see any of the wires -well almost any of them!

greeny - i got it from dedicated-matt on the mr2oc.com forum, sware i messaged you that on facebook?? :-k perhaps i forgot?

Jimbo.. I intend to have it ready for MOT within the next 4 weeks, my welding man should have my pipes and manifold back tomorrow then im all set to cut the pipe to make the downpipe and screamer pipe. should only take a few hours to make them. Are you using your mr2 atm?
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

cool, not long then!

yeh, ive been doing 60-80miles a weekend in it on the country B roads for as long as i can remember.
throughout the whole of winter to.
MRPETTER

Post by MRPETTER »

absolutly breathtaking car: )
Thumbs up :thumleft:
greeny

Post by greeny »

RyanRs wrote:greeny - i got it from dedicated-matt on the mr2oc.com forum, sware i messaged you that on facebook?? :-k perhaps i forgot?

Dont think ive got you on facebook mate?

My names Michael Greensides :thumleft:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Ahh, think it may have been Graeme.B - ^Tricketer^ iirc. Ill send you a request..

Cheers MRPETTER ! Personally tho i would say 'Pisstaking car' As its taking the p1$$ out of ME and my Wallet!! :evil:
tarmac terrorist

Post by tarmac terrorist »

I dont know ya just keep copying me lol looking good mate :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Lol what you goin on about Nicholas! i aint copied shhhitt! :D

Should have this car running in the next couple of weeks! (possibly without the exhaust connected tho) just waiting on the modified coolant hardpipes and custom Dizzy cap cover to come back from welding -obv 1ZZ Cops mean no need for the HT dizzy cap :D -should all be done tomorrow! Then the top mount manifold will be going back to have the 'Pre-wastegate' pipe and v-band flange welded on. Only 1 downpipe away from being MOT ready then!
clarkson23

Post by clarkson23 »

great work mate!
Sonic-Pete

Post by Sonic-Pete »

very nice :D
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Well, little bit of an update as i see i have not posted anything up in a while.

Added a AEM wideband kit, polybushed all the lower arms.

Got up to see Ryan.G for some tuning and made some good numbers however ran into a brick wall when the fuel pump decided to throw a tantrum! We got as far as 1.7 bar of boost and the pump just randomly started dropping its pressure sending the AFR dangerously lean. If left for 10 min to cool down it would work fine for about 4~5 pulls but then without warning the pressure would just fall off! Turned out the pump (a bosh 044) had an internal electrical fault!

Heres the dyno for that day anyway..

Shame didn't quite reach 500 on the dyno, Ryan said it was pretty pointless upping the boost any more as it just wasn't worth risking it with the pump playing around like it was, however he reckons the dyno under reads by about 10 bhp on the mr2s due to airflow differences.

Well, new pump is on there now and i have had to brace up the exhaust manifold after i nearly lost the wastegate due to some serious cracking :shock: So, shall get back up to Mr.G soon hopefully for another half a bar of boost programmed in! and hopefully over 600bhp :P

Return to “Member Profiles”